Memberships 2019 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY 42,910)

Remove this Banner Ad

Late to the conversation I know, but I recall a discussion taking place about St Kilda’s Jewish community and their support (or lack thereof) of the Saints.
Would the club be open to having a Jewish heritage night? Plenty of clubs in the US run something along the lines of it in acknowledgment of jewish communities.
We could replace the cross for a star of David on the crest..
View attachment 713203
Why do we need to acknowledge specific communities? If they’re not interesting in supporting their chosen team, why pander to them?
What does their Jewish heritage have to do with football, anyway?

Late to the conversation I know, but I recall a discussion taking place about St Kilda’s Jewish community and their support (or lack thereof) of the Saints.
Would the club be open to having a Jewish heritage night? Plenty of clubs in the US run something along the lines of it in acknowledgment of jewish communities.
View attachment 713203
Our president is Jewish and puts in a squillion.

View attachment 713203

It’s definitely not “lack thereof.”
St.Kilda has a pretty large Jewish support base and membership.
Personally I don’t believe it’s necessary to start singling out individual communities though.

View attachment 713203

Anything that gets communities reengaged is good. There was a huge Jewish following of the Saints and in the old days, we would have had 75% of the Jewish community, now Carlton would have 75%. I live in the bagel belt and Carlton stickers and jumpers are everywhere and even at Ajax that play in our kit the cars have Carlton membership stickers.

Why do we need to acknowledge specific communities? If they’re not interesting in supporting their chosen team, why pander to them?

St Kilda traditionally was the home of Melbourne's Jewish community and had a big influx who followed them because of it. All clubs do community integration at least it's relevant to our history.

I live in the bagel belt and Carlton stickers and jumpers are everywhere and even at Ajax that play in our kit the cars have Carlton membership stickers.
gringo......I also live in the bagel belt...…..the belt is a pretty big area.....stretching from Luna Park to Caulfield Racecourse.

I love my bagels too.

I see in my travels,heaps of cars with Saints stickers on them …..and a surprising amount of cars with Saints number plates.....was behind one the lights last Sat arvo.

Was going to "toot" the car but thought better....they'd probably get out and belt me.

LOL.

gringo......I also live in the bagel belt...…..the belt is a pretty big area.....stretching from Luna Park to Caulfield Racecourse.

I love my bagels too.

I see in my travels,heaps of cars with Saints stickers on them …..and a surprising amount of cars with Saints number plates.....was behind one the lights last Sat arvo.

Was going to "toot" the car but thought better....they'd probably get out and belt me.

LOL.

Belt you with a bagel? They don't hurt...although scaring a fellow Saints fan so they take of through the red light might hurt them. I have lived in the area a long time and there has ben a shift in my time. We are still a well supported side but Carlton has definitely taken over a lot of the Jewish community.

Current Membership Tally (22/07/2019):

This Time Last Year (01/08/2018):

Difference:

All-Time Tally;

1. 45,678 (2018)
2. 42,800 (2019)
3. 42,094 (2017)
4. 39,276 (2011)
5. 39,021 (2010)

Projected Final Total:

I am Jewish, I support the saints.

I just where very little saints football gear that have a cross. but I do where their colors at the matches!!!

Current Membership Tally (31/07/2019):

This Time Last Year (01/08/2018):

Difference:

All-Time Tally;

1. 45,678 (2018)
2. 42,910 (2019)
3. 42,094 (2017)
4. 39,276 (2011)
5. 39,021 (2010)

Projected Final Total:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-08-06/thanks-a-million-afl-club-memberships-hit-alltime-record

Final membership numbers are in. We had 43,038 this year. North had 42,419 making them bottom in Victoria. The Bulldogs just edged us with 44,373 and the Dreamons managed 52,421 members.

None of our teams had particularly impressive seasons but us, the Kangaroos and the Dogs all have reasons to be optimistic heading to next season. Think the Demons will lose a lot of members after this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Down 3263 members lucky last year didn't hurt us

Cost about $300k sacking richo last years costs about 2 million.
Didn't mention Richo
But you did say many times that last year wouldn't make any difference to membership

Didn't mention Richo
But you did say many times that last year wouldn't make any difference to membership
Yes I did. I was wrong but some people think 3000 members is worth something like 600k. Luckily it cost us a lot less than sacking the guy. Only 300k if not less. And isn’t it only 2600 members. I was thinking maybe cost us a thousand. Yes mowman I was wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Who cares but I was wrong.

Yes I did. I was wrong but some people think 3000 members is worth something like 600k. Luckily it cost us a lot less than sacking the guy. Only 300k if not less. And isn’t it only 2600 members. I was thinking maybe cost us a thousand. Yes mowman I was wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Who cares but I was wrong.

3000 members is still worth a bit. without factoring in costs of the product, quick estimate using the cheapest 3 game membership (which is one of the cheapest access memberships you can get):
3000 x $97 = $291k

some of those might be full season holders which will push it higher. many people may have downgraded their membership too, which wont be reflective in their numbers. others might not have even turned up to the game reducing the gate and or food/drink/merch sales.

3000 members is still worth a bit. without factoring in costs of the product, quick estimate using the cheapest 3 game membership (which is one of the cheapest access memberships you can get):
3000 x $97 = $291k

some of those might be full season holders which will push it higher. many people may have downgraded their membership too, which wont be reflective in their numbers. others might not have even turned up to the game reducing the gate and or food/drink/merch sales.
We get $90 per memberships on average. I looked it up last year. It also includes reserve seating. It cost about 3 million and we get about 7 million. Other things wouldn’t make much difference. Not even sure we would get any take out of food and drink.

We get $90 per memberships on average. I looked it up last year. It also includes reserve seating. It cost about 3 million and we get about 7 million. Other things wouldn’t make much difference. Not even sure we would get any take out of food and drink.

7 million being revenue or profit?

if its revenue that means the average spend of a member is around $155. extremely low! which means membership totals are pretty much a worthless statistic.

7 million being revenue or profit?

if its revenue that means the average spend of a member is around $155. extremely low! which means membership totals are pretty much a worthless statistic.
$90 average is not right

Is that fact or just an internet fact ?
You know how works on here if its said often enough it becomes fact when really its just opinion

Is that fact or just an internet fact ?
You know how works on here if its said often enough it becomes fact when really its just opinion
You are correct It was $100 last year. $90 the years before. 2.9 million cost. 7.5 revenue. You could look it up in 30 seconds. I just did. Includes reserve seating because they membership and reserved seating together. Have a look and then say the $100 is correct. Just out of interest is the figure we got less than last year that you suggested correct because someone else posted figures to suggest it isn’t.

You are correct It was $100 last year. $90 the years before. 2.9 million cost. 7.5 revenue. You could look it up in 30 seconds. I just did. Includes reserve seating because they membership and reserved seating together. Have a look and then say the $100 is correct. Just out of interest is the figure we got less than last year that you suggested correct because someone else posted figures to suggest it isn’t.
Going by Triple MMM footy and club membership numbers released today 100% correct, lets hope they are dealing in facts not opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back