Resource 2019 Stats thread + prior year comparisons

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems to me that these age profiles are quite difficult to alter. Waiting for the “youngs” to fall into this age range will push some of the “olds” off the plot due to retirements – then what? Bringing in more “youngs” will again blow out the bottom of the age profile. Alternatively “steal” players in this age range, as employed by Hawks and to a lesser extent Tigers? I think we tried that but made the wrong choices.

Pies in 2010 and Cats 2011 are atypical, but Pies 2010 Premiers offers some hope that “youngs” can do the job, although they totally break the mould. Pies 2010 ask more questions for Collingwood than about Port. Why did they not create a dynasty with both youth and Grand Final experience? Cats 2011 Premiers seem to reflect a drift of a cohort of older very skilled players to extinction – as though they drained the tank on the capability of these players before falling off the “conveyor belt”. To create a long term dynasty, this is probably not the right way to go about it.
This is why I reckon 2025 is now our next window to win the flag. Might happen a year or two before that, but 2025 is probably when our age demographics will be in the sweat spot.

It's why the club is talking about building a great U/23 squad and developing them playing lots of games together, but they wont mention 2025 as a realistic year.

But that is when Rozee, Dursma and Butters are 25, Hayes and Garner 26, Marshall, SPP, Atley, Drew and Ladhams 27, Burton and Houston are 28.

This is why I reckon 2025 is now our next window to win the flag. Might happen a year or two before that, but 2025 is probably when our age demographics will be in the sweat spot.

It's why with the club is talking about building a great U/23 squad and developing them playing lots of games together,but they wont mention 2025 as a realistic year, but that is when Rozee, Dursma and Butters are 25, Hayes and Garner 26, Marshall, SPP, Atley Drew and Ladhams 27, Burton and Houston 28.
I’m not stoked about the added delay but I am thrilled that it means Wines and Jonas are both too old for it and so should be traded while they have value

I’m not stoked about the added delay but I am thrilled that it means Wines and Jonas are both too old for it and so should be traded while they have value
And it is probably the last season for Hinkley, Voss, and Bassett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back