2nds 2019 Suns Reserves and NEAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

The injuries are now starting to mount and hurt. We better hope we don't get any more because we're running out of guys to choose from.

Heaven help us if we lose any of our mids. We are still very thin in that area.

A competitive 2s side will really help our development for the young guys. It does them no good to get spanked by 10 goals+ every week.

Agree with an above poster. Guys like Leslie, Nicholls, Nutting etc. are just not up to it. Cull them and start anew. Maybe start with older guys that have been in the system.

Why we didn't get someone like McGuire(spelling?) from Canberra I'll never know.
Would love to take him in the mid season draft. Absolute gun, height is the only thing holding him back.

Hilarious
The word obviously goes out for a high possession slow the game down scenario and we all sit and wait for the inevitable turnover
It's NEAFL
Take the friggin game on through the centre

I'd cut Nutting, Dawson, Leslie
Probably Wigg - no use if he can never get out on the park
I think Nicholls is a decent NEAFL ruckman - gives our mids a chance. Wouldn't want us to end up with some 18 year old rucking.

I'd also ship off Greenwool.
Looked good the first 5 minutes I saw him play.
He is elusive with ball in hand but hasn't shown me any of this skill that has been talked about the last few weeks - can't hit simple targets. Pushed off the ball like a 12 year old.
Cant see him getting to AFL level.

I get rid of Nicholls , he is decent NEAFL Ruckman , but Crossley is 21 next year need to spend more time Rucking to improve his skill .

He is elusive with ball in hand but hasn't shown me any of this skill that has been talked about the last few weeks - can't hit simple targets. Pushed off the ball like a 12 year old.
Greenwool is not even on your list how to ship him off .

He's not even on our list. :D He's a top-up guy. I think he's a top-ager in our Academy?

I'm also asking the question of Malceski here. Should he be Coaching our 2s side?

It’s hard to tell with the players he has at his disposal hence why daniels ended up at Southport..

This is a long term issue over many years, I remember when josh Fraser was coach didn’t win a game for a couple of years from memory? The club proclaimed to spend all this money on development for this year yet how can you develop someone like a pick 6 Ben king in this neafl team..

People been bagging Brodie out for his disposal but look what he has to develop under! No wonder he hack kicks because in this neafl team you’re kicking it to someone who can’t take a mark and just turns it over regardless so why not just bang it on the boot and gain some meters and hopefully someone can get it off the deck..

Sorry to be negative in here all the time but it’s frustrating

Greenwool is not even on your list how to ship him off .
He's not even on our list. :D He's a top-up guy. I think he's a top-ager in our Academy?

I know.
If he is clearly not going to make it are we obliged to keep him going to the end of the year?
Look at Coleman on the other side - same circumstance. You can actually see glimpses of a league player.

I know.
If he is clearly not going to make it are we obliged to keep him going to the end of the year?
Look at Coleman on the other side - same circumstance. You can actually see glimpses of a league player.
Four match in and you already judged a 19 years old not on our list , senior supposed to guide them. I will rookie him as cat B like any other team that rookie B international. Nutting , Nicholls maybe Dawson is the type you need to cut .

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s hard to tell with the players he has at his disposal hence why daniels ended up at Southport..

This is a long term issue over many years, I remember when josh Fraser was coach didn’t win a game for a couple of years from memory? The club proclaimed to spend all this money on development for this year yet how can you develop someone like a pick 6 Ben king in this neafl team..

People been bagging Brodie out for his disposal but look what he has to develop under! No wonder he hack kicks because in this neafl team you’re kicking it to someone who can’t take a mark and just turns it over regardless so why not just bang it on the boot and gain some meters and hopefully someone can get it off the deck..

We're all thinking it
For some reason we've never been able to crack the secret sauce for NEAFL
There's never been an easy answer

The only time we've looked good consistently is when we had an actual Coach that is good. See: Daniels.

And not just a guy spinning his wheels for the first time Coaching a side. IE: Fraser, Malceski. These guys are development Coaches. I feel like we need more than that for the 2s side.

You also need to look at continuity , is hard to gel as a team every year as you play with different teammates all the times .( Injuries / delisted players/U 19 players moving on if not drafted/ retirement )

Edit : maybe ask Sam Collins his experience with weribee , Box Hill and Peel thunder .

Last edited:
Who are their list clogger this year ?
1) C Lyons
2) Bastinac
3) Keays
4) Christensen
5) M Eagles
Apart from that they are all kids that play today , some of them are from cat B rookie ( basketball background or Irish) .

Keays looks to have stepped up his game and is close to a game in the 1's. Cat B rookie is Fullerton who played for the bullets but was an AA U15 in the same team as Rayner - loads of potential. James Madden is the Irish rookie.

Keays looks to have stepped up his game and is close to a game in the 1's. Cat B rookie is Fullerton who played for the bullets but was an AA U15 in the same team as Rayner - loads of potential. James Madden is the Irish rookie.
I think your list look a lot healthier in term of depth and kids .

Also did Scheer hurt his hand or shoulder or something.
Was an incident about 10 minutes ago where he was clutching something on the ground.
Seemed to happen in a pack so didn't really see it.
Not seen him on since.
3 broken bones in his hand - surgery tomorrow :'(:'(

Really sorry to hear about Brad. The team missed him in 2nd half. Speedy recovery.

I was surprised that Crossley came back from first hammy just after 2 weeks. Either he does not know his body yet or rehab people erred.

On a positive note, King looked very good, he is smart, running nice leading patterns. Unfortunately, usually for nothing due to non existing or bad deliveries. His parents were watching the game with Dew.

Our current top ups are not up to it. Kids do try but when they get ball it's automatic turnover. 14 listed players vs 18, lost Crossley early, and then Brad for half the game.

I was surprised by Day after bad performance against Giants. 2 nice goals from outside 50.

Young tried hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back