Liverpool
Screenshot_20190428-054135.png

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Really sorry to hear about Brad. The team missed him in 2nd half. Speedy recovery.

I was surprised that Crossley came back from first hammy just after 2 weeks. Either he does not know his body yet or rehab people erred.

On a positive note, King looked very good, he is smart, running nice leading patterns. Unfortunately, usually for nothing due to non existing or bad deliveries. His parents were watching the game with Dew.

Our current top ups are not up to it. Kids do try but when they get ball it's automatic turnover. 14 listed players vs 18, lost Crossley early, and then Brad for half the game.

I was surprised by Day after bad performance against Giants. 2 nice goals from outside 50.

Young tried hard.
This was immediately my thought. New medical team, there's been an increase in soft tissue injuries this year IMO. Quads and hamstrings. For Crossley to only be out for 2 weeks for a hamstring and then ping it again in the first quarter suggests mismanagement which is very frustrating.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
here's been an increase in soft tissue injuries this year IMO.
Not yet but we may get there. The last year we had 12-13 soft injuries total. This year - Rankine, Weller, Ah Chee, Crossley, Fletcher (was not in our system).

I believe AFL team average per year is 5-6. Freo has absolute shocker with soft injuries this year. Surprisingly, Hawks are going badly too.

Last edited:

Gulliver72

Debutant
Apr 7, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
I'd also ship off Greenwool.
Looked good the first 5 minutes I saw him play.
He is elusive with ball in hand but hasn't shown me any of this skill that has been talked about the last few weeks - can't hit simple targets. Pushed off the ball like a 12 year old.
Cant see him getting to AFL level.
Kid comes from a remote aboriginal community on nt border , has done remarkably well to get to this stage considering he would not have grown up with the same standard of football as others have. He just needs to put on some weight

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Back to the regular spot
Not expecting much , just get the percentage up ( losses expected) , not going to watch YouTube stream until they get some injuries players back and new mature recruit in , without Sheer and Crossley thing can go very bad . Two spots for mid season draft if they plan to use it .

Last edited:

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Kid comes from a remote aboriginal community on nt border , has done remarkably well to get to this stage considering he would not have grown up with the same standard of football as others have. He just needs to put on some weight

I agree he has done very well from where he has come from. I was probably a bit aggrieved after watching the thumping we got and spoke rashly.

I've worked in Cape York, I've not been to Kowanyama (900km from NT border) but have been to a number of other Indigenous cape communities - I have some idea of the place.

He's really evasive which is great. Despite what gets mentioned from what I've seen his skills are actually poor.
Our game style doesn't really suit him which makes it difficult for him.

I'm all for him playing at Southport next year - but unsure whether he would be a lock for their top team.
If he improves significantly I would be happy to give him a shot. Putting on another 15kg would help that.
At this stage though he is a long way from even consideration.

Someone like Tom Wilkinson was brilliant last year at Southport and we didn't take a chance on him.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not expecting much , just get the percentage up ( losses expected) , not going to watch YouTube stream until they get some injuries players back and new mature recruit in , without Sheer and Crossley thing can go very bad . Two spots for mid season draft if they plan to use it .

Maybe go for Bernie Vince in mid season draft

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Maybe go for Bernie Vince in mid season draft
Get Luke meadows (24 years old ) and Jye Bolton (27 years old ) , if they good enough they can replace Wigg ( 2 years not playing ) and Leslie next year on the rookie list . GCS already committed to Burgess 4 year , don't really need Leslie ( stayed too long on GCS list ).

1) Jye Bolton (WAFL ) pure inside mid - 4 matches , 138 disposal . AVG 32 disposal a match
2) Luke Meadows- inside mid/HB ( VFL ) -4 matches , AVG 23.8 disposal.

* No guarantee they can be better than Miller , but definitely better than Sam Fletcher , Dawson ,nutting ,heron .

Last edited:

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Get Luke meadows (24 years old ) and Jye Bolton (27 years old ) , if they good enough they can replace Wigg ( 2 years not playing ) and Leslie next year on the rookie list . GCS already committed to Burgess 4 year , don't really need Leslie ( stayed too long on GCS list ).

1) Jye Bolton (WAFL ) pure inside mid - 4 matches , 138 disposal . AVG 32 disposal a match

* No guarantee they can be better than Miller , but definitely better than Sam Fletcher , Dawson ,nutting ,heron .

Yes for this.

Combination of Nicholls with a few good lower grade players would make it so much easier for our youngsters to learn and develop.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yes for this.

Combination of Nicholls with a few good lower grade players would make it so much easier for our youngsters to learn and develop.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ruckmen only learn by Rucking against opposition , Nicholls ruck in NEAfL mean young players devoid the opportunity to learn their craft (tap) . If you delisted Nicholls in two years time , all the players need to learn to read tap from another new ruckmen again .

Gulliver72

Debutant
Apr 7, 2019
AFL Club
GWS

Dawson does all right , numbers are always up there

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Number is always there but disposal no hurt factor , or overused disposal with no purpose ( kicking sideway , handball to teammate that are under more pressure )

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks

Dawson was no good on the weekend despite what the numbers showed. Did you see the game?
Our mids played almost whole game I think in the centre as we had zero midfield depth in the side
Young, Dawson, Schoenfeld at every centre bounce after Scheer got injured so would have been cooked by the end
Some of the Lions plays just jogged away from him with ease late in the game.
Disposal was horrible too.

My honest assessment:
I think his hands in tight are decent but kicking poor, speed poor, pretty small not overly physical player. Don't think he can play anywhere other than inside mid. I think this was part of the trial by the team this year - to see if he can play as a small defender in a last chance type scenario. Got beaten badly on a couple of occasions by Ian Hill in Hill's first game in the NEAFL last week.
Is no Dion Prestia or Libba or Shiels
I think he's a poor mans Jed Anderson without the physicality or Keiran Jack without the goal scoring ability at best

I thought his few games in the top team last year were promising so maybe they give him another year but I haven't seen any signs of improvement in the NEAFL early on so far this year.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don't mind giving Dawson , Heron their third and last year as rookie B if nobody up for selection , but if Ace , Aston Crossley , Joyce are better as rookie B why waste senior and Rookie A list spots because of Dawson still on rookie B list .

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I don't mind giving Dawson , Heron their third and last year as rookie B if nobody up for selection , but if Ace , Aston Crossley , Joyce are better as rookie B why waste senior and Rookie A list spots because of Dawson still on rookie B list .

Dawson got no tank always walking when not near the ball and heron I dunno what he offers they call him speedy but always get blown away I rather schoenfield than heron

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
You still need to Draft accordingly to ladder , so temporary I take HF and HB that can play mid and move Dawson back to inside mid. End of the season AFL backup
1) Lin Jong 1.88 m
2) Brendon Ah Chee 1.88m

Remove this Banner Ad

Back