2nds 2019 Suns Reserves and NEAFL

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Lemmens Day Brodie all have to be considered next week with a debut for Ben King please
I watched only 2 and half quarters but King easily over Day for me. Faster, run harder, better marks. Yes, I feel he is not far from debut. Lemmens was just great. Rischitelli was actually better for me than Brodie. Best game from Nicholls in a long, long time.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Seriously this is NT , the NEAFL app also don't ever bother to show stats at all .
You can't watch GCS vs Eagles and said you watch 2 and a half NEAFL.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Seriously this is NT , the NEAFL app also don't ever bother to show stats at all .
You can't watch GCS vs Eagles and said you watch 2 and a half NEAFL.
Game started 7pm. So that's first quarter and half of second probably until 8:10pm and then half time and then some extra time in last quarter. Could be close to 2 quarters only. Happy?

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I watched only 2 and half quarters but King easily over Day for me. Faster, run harder, better marks. Yes, I feel he is not far from debut. Lemmens was just great. Rischitelli was actually better for me than Brodie. Best game from Nicholls in a long, long time.

Can’t take much out of the game except confidence it’s like watching practice match a few weeks ago against pbc.. first win out of 5 games and play Aspley next week which also struggling then bye then swans so would need to thrash Aspley to like thunder to get some sort of idea on the team

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Game started 7pm. So that's first quarter and half of second probably until 8:10pm and then half time and then some extra time in last quarter. Could be close to 2 quarters only. Happy?
There is break and longer break for quarter and half time also in NEAFL .NEAFL also normally have 30 min quarter compare to AFL .

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Wrote that at half time
Same old same old for Will
He has to be better than Miles Miller and Fiorini to get a gig
GHS isn't his competitor

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Can’t take much out of the game except confidence it’s like watching practice match a few weeks ago against pbc.. first win out of 5 games and play Aspley next week which also struggling then bye then swans so would need to thrash Aspley to like thunder to get some sort of idea on the team
You can always asses players effort. Lemmens pressure, tackles stood out for me from what I saw. Also you can always compare players, e.g. King vs Day. Of course, it does not mean they will do well in AFL. Personally, I would promote Lemmens to best 22 for his pressure, tackling - fits Dew's plan. King - I would give him a taste (3 games) to speed up his development. The rest of NEAFL players no.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
There is break and longer break for quarter and half time also in NEAFL .NEAFL also normally have 30 min quarter compare to AFL .
You know that AFL and NEAFL game breaks did not overlap? Whatever. No more from me in this nonsense.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Almost zero pressure
This. NT Thunder have really tumbled down the ladder in recent years. This didn't feel like a NEAFL game. Felt like a QAFL standard team.

If Connor Nutting is breaking hard tackles then the quality of opp is not there (no offence to Nutting. It's just not his go)

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You can always asses players effort. Lemmens pressure, tackles stood out for me from what I saw. Also you can always compare players, e.g. King vs Day. Of course, it does not mean they will do well in AFL. Personally, I would promote Lemmens to best 22 for his pressure, tackling - fits Dew's plan. King - I would give him a taste (3 games) to speed up his development. The rest of NEAFL players no.

Can’t compare really there was zero pressure coming back at the suns until they took the foot off the gas in the last quarter nt thunder scored a few more goals.. even Aaron hall would’ve got 4 or 5 goals and 45+ touches in that game if he was playing

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Can’t compare really there was zero pressure coming back at the suns until they took the foot off the gas in the last quarter nt thunder scored a few more goals.. even Aaron hall would’ve got 4 or 5 goals and 45+ touches in that game if he was playing
The streaming were terrible frame by frames.

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
NT Thunder v Gold Coast SUNS at TIO Stadium
GOLD COAST 9.4 11.10 17.11 18.13 (121)
NT THUNDER 1.0 2.2 5.6 7.9 (51)
GOALS – Gold Coast:
S Lemmens 4 F Greenwool 4 B King 4 J Mohr 2 M Rischitelli W Brodie R Gilmore J Schoenfeld. NT Thunder: A Tipungwuti 3 D Staunton N Yarran A Ankers T Melville.
BEST – Gold Coast: S Lemmens T Nicholls M Rischitelli D Koenen C Nutting F Greenwool. NT Thunder: B Rioli J Anderson A Tipungwuti J Budarick D McLachlan D Johnston.

GCStormie

Team Captain
Aug 29, 2017
Perth
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
WCE, Renault F1, Scorchers
This. NT Thunder have really tumbled down the ladder in recent years. This didn't feel like a NEAFL game. Felt like a QAFL standard team.

If Connor Nutting is breaking hard tackles then the quality of opp is not there (no offence to Nutting. It's just not his go)
NT Thunder v Gold Coast SUNS at TIO Stadium
GOLD COAST 9.4 11.10 17.11 18.13 (121)
NT THUNDER 1.0 2.2 5.6 7.9 (51)
GOALS – Gold Coast:
S Lemmens 4 F Greenwool 4 B King 4 J Mohr 2 M Rischitelli W Brodie R Gilmore J Schoenfeld. NT Thunder: A Tipungwuti 3 D Staunton N Yarran A Ankers T Melville.
BEST – Gold Coast: S Lemmens T Nicholls M Rischitelli D Koenen C Nutting F Greenwool. NT Thunder: B Rioli J Anderson A Tipungwuti J Budarick D McLachlan D Johnston.

I didn't watch the game, but I think the above published bests must be wrong...
A walk up start for the 1s at 17 other AFL clubs wasn't listed despite playing QAFL quality opponents?
What gives?
/sarcasm

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I didn't watch the game, but I think the above published bests must be wrong...
A walk up start for the 1s at 17 other AFL clubs wasn't listed despite playing QAFL quality opponents?
What gives?
/sarcasm
What I have seen the best are correct. Not sure only about Koenen. I did not notice him. Greenwool had some magic moments but I doubt he will be drafted. Way too skinny.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
If GCS drafted Dawson and Hebron as Rookie B , I don't see any harm in drafting Greenwool , if he is good he become Caleb Daniel , betts , if he is no good a project player in cat B for one or two years like Dawson and Heron . There is no magic formula he is scoring goal in NEAFL . Short player on AFL list ( Caleb daniel.1.68m , Liam Baker 1.73m , zorko 1.75 m ,Betts 1.74 m, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti 1.71m ).

Greenwool before season start 1.72 m + he already knew a few of his NEAFL teammate and scoring goal last year.

Last edited:

LiveTheDream73

Debutant
Apr 18, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What I have seen the best are correct. Not sure only about Koenen. I did not notice him. Greenwool had some magic moments but I doubt he will be drafted. Way too skinny.

From the stream the midfield of Lemmens, Nichols , Brodie and Rischitelli smashed an undermanned NT. All very good first 3 quarters and drifted off in the last. First part of 1st and 3rd quarters NT were just witches hats for these guys

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Seriously greenwool score more goal than a lot of players on GCS list last year , if GCS drafted him as rookie B he is on first year contract regardless he is age 19 or 21 /weight like those from Ireland or US , next year both Dawson and Heron last year as Rookie B if GCS keep them 3 year Max (I rather Crossley , ace type on Rookie B) .I think two years are pretty fair development time for Dawson and Heron. People should always look at ability rather than weight eg Powell especially project player for rookie B spot. Give him one year in professional environment /Salary like Dawson if he still can't bulk up can always let him go after a year . Collingwood paid a lot more for Cox as Rookie B in his first year playing VFL.

Last edited:
Back