C6128C39-2BCE-40DA-AD1F-2F888ADC67DD.jpeg
D2823F64-7CAB-433A-9236-5D73D0A991D9.jpeg

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I see from last week's injury list that Rankine is listed as 1-2 weeks. Anyone reckon we give him a crack in the NEAFL for a half this weekend before the bye the week after? This season desperately needs a injection of excitement before it get's ugly and he might be it.

It’s going to be 100 point thrashing by Southport anyway so haven’t got anything to lose

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Injury report Rankine back after bye week.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Club are going to AFL about the NEAFL team they want a bigger list of mature age State League players for NEAFL /Development list. They don't want Club top ups anymore. They have identified this as an issue and want assistance.

How do the afl teams work in the vfl because they recruit pure vfl players for their vfl side whereas we have to use local or academy kids

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
How do the afl teams work in the vfl because they recruit pure vfl players for their vfl side whereas we have to use local or academy kids
We need a team full of Horlin-Smith's and Leslies and be able to offer spots to guys like Andrew Swallow and Seb Tape and Matty Shaw
This local/Academy bs has to stop
We're nowhere near good enough to accommodate a firsts and seconds development team
I guess cost comes into it which is why we'd need assistance from AF

saintkildaman

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 1, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
If the AFL give some financial support I can’t see any reasons why there wouldn’t be ex AFL players interesting in coming up on the GC and taking a development role within the NEAFL. Would be such an assistance to the new wave of kids if there are seasoned bodies making them competitive.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If the AFL give some financial support I can’t see any reasons why there wouldn’t be ex AFL players interesting in coming up on the GC and taking a development role within the NEAFL. Would be such an assistance to the new wave of kids if there are seasoned bodies making them competitive.

I don’t think it’s the financial support that’s the issue I think it’s the way the neafl program is set up it’s been an issue for many years.. there was 2 years the side didn’t win a game under josh Fraser

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We need a team full of Horlin-Smith's and Leslies and be able to offer spots to guys like Andrew Swallow and Seb Tape and Matty Shaw
This local/Academy bs has to stop
We're nowhere near good enough to accommodate a firsts and seconds development team
I guess cost comes into it which is why we'd need assistance from AF
That's exactly the issue identified

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I don’t think it’s the financial support that’s the issue I think it’s the way the neafl program is set up it’s been an issue for many years.. there was 2 years the side didn’t win a game under josh Fraser
Of course it's financial
A good VFL ex AFL player would want 50,000-100,000 a year to play NEAFL
Where do we find that money?
BBL and Queen etc are starting points but without gambling we're a long way from self sustainability
There's a reason players go to Southport
some-slots-games.jpg

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Of course it's financial
A good VFL ex AFL player would want 50,000-100,000 a year to play NEAFL
Where do we find that money?
BBL and Queen etc are starting points but without gambling we're a long way from self sustainability
There's a reason players go to Southport
some-slots-games.jpg

That’s the other issue creating other external revenue options like other clubs have.. people always mention pokies and pokie venues but a lot of clubs own and run businesses too

under Stephen daniels we were using Southport fringe players who were on match payments as top ups with a sprinkle of academy kids which worked a lot better

Back