2nds 2019 Suns Reserves and NEAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm only following the Suns players plus Rowell and Anderson, who are pretty widely known. Tom Green was the best on ground - GWS with another early pick they'll pay peanuts for - while Ben Jungfer stands out with a mop of hair and the afldotcom writer typically highlighted mostly Vic Metro players. Both articles were partially pre-written and very lazy journalism by journos unprepared for the Allies to win. Ho hum.
Yeah, I enquired about the suns players on twitter in reply to the AFL article. They seem to be going under the radar, even if Gore did get 3 goals. I did read about Tom Green BOG.

I agree with the players they've highlighted because they are the human interest stories, top rated players, famous fathers and the top goal scorer. Written in Melbourne for a Melbourne audience. They wouldn't even know who the Suns players were. Every year it is the same and this time Vic Metro are hot garbage and they still reckon they are going to have 4 top 10 draft picks.
You're not wrong. If they're not top 10 pick, or high up there; they probably don't get talked about.

I agree with the players they've highlighted because they are the human interest stories, top rated players, famous fathers and the top goal scorer. Written in Melbourne for a Melbourne audience. They wouldn't even know who the Suns players were. Every year it is the same and this time Vic Metro are hot garbage and they still reckon they are going to have 4 top 10 draft picks.
I don't mind actually. Players like Gore, Ace, Crossley all can drop to Rookie A and B list. They won't cry home and you can keep them for three years or develop them properly--own sweet time.

Why GWS quiet about Green? Because they don't want bid come in early but VIC media don't want them to get a Vic player and Green.

Sydney papley what a academy bargain just a rookie pick.

Last edited:

Corbett is absolutely running rampant at the moment. Best game I've seen him play.

Loved Murdoch today.

Rankine rusty but still has moments of brilliance. Looks a cut above everyone on the ground when in full flight.

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has all come together today for the NEAFL boys. The early season losses have galvanised the young players and guys like Corbett, Burgess and Nutting are really making their case for senior footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back