Universal Love 2019 Swans BF end of year shout out.

Hey guys!

Firstly, I'd like to wish you all a happy & safe end to 2019 & start to 2020. It's been a big year for our club & I'm sure for a lot of us too. I'd just like to thank those of you who contribute to the board. New & old. "Negative" or "positive" :p.

We've got a sweet little community established here at BigFooty IMO & you all make this place what it is. You give me new perspectives (& sometimes change my opinion doing so), sometimes you frustrate me but mostly you make me laugh, keep me updated, engaged & connected to the club that bit more than I otherwise would. It's been a tough year on the field but not so tough (surprisingly) on here... So thank you all.

I'd like to give a huge shout out to some mods & ex-mods who do a heck of a lot for the board; A lot of which goes unseen by the majority. Volunteering your time & energy to keep this place functioning as best we can isn't always easy so a big thanks to Kennedy Parker swansfan51 scaryness RW & robbieando.

I hope everyone has a brilliant holiday period lined up. For me, I'll be spending huge chunks of time from now until early Jan at the river with family... & I cannot wait!

I'm getting a friend's baby their first Swans membership pack for xmas too (which is exciting) & I might buy me one of those Swans "ugly xmas jumpers" (despite the record heatwave)... I already have stubbie gloves packed ready to go for the next few weeks (2005 only comes out for my birthday & xmas).

You guys up to much? I'd love to hear what our board is up to for xmas/new years.

And for those working... in particular those firies, coppers, transport staff, ambos, volunteers, hospital staff & other emergency services staff... a massive thank you.

I'm looking forward to enjoying the ups & downs together again in 2020.

Have a great break & stay safe everyone.

UP THE MIGHTY BLOODS!!

Cheers - GTG.

I second your notion.

This board is fantastic and the work behind the scenes that many don't see is amazing. All the mods volunteer their time for our pleasure to make this board as smooth as one could hope.

In terms of holidays, I'm escaping the heat and going to Wales to our small family cottage with my wife and daughter, just a small getaway really as we both are flat out busy between Nov and Feb unfortunately. I'll be able to watch the cricket on Kayo thankfully lol

I second your notion.

This board is fantastic and the work behind the scenes that many don't see is amazing. All the mods volunteer their time for our pleasure to make this board as smooth as one could hope.

In terms of holidays, I'm escaping the heat and going to Wales to our small family cottage with my wife and daughter, just a small getaway really as we both are flat out busy between Nov and Feb unfortunately. I'll be able to watch the cricket on Kayo thankfully lol
You can't get Kayo while overseas (Bali anyway)... I have tried. What's your secret?

You can't get Kayo while overseas (Bali anyway)... I have tried. What's your secret?

Not sure, but the one on my iPad seems to work, have used it in overseas to watch tennis mainly. You'd have to ask my brother he set the thing up! I'm terrible with Kayo, I'd prefer to just pay for Fox and be done with it!

Put it this way it better work as the Big Bash is on lol

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
I’m heading up the coast tomorrow, here’s hoping the train tracks don‘t buckle before I get to Taree. Then I’m making my way to the Great Lakes for some sun and sand:)

I was able to cross Adelaide Oval off the bucket list this year, and also make the annual Melbourne MCG game and shopping expedition.:airplane:

Hope to catch up with the usual suspects next year and maybe meet some new ones!

I wish you all a safe & happy Xmas and New Year!

I’m heading up the coast tomorrow, here’s hoping the train tracks don‘t buckle before I get to Taree. Then I’m making my way to the Great Lakes for some sun and sand:)

I was able to cross Adelaide Oval off the bucket list this year, and also make the annual Melbourne MCG game and shopping expedition.:airplane:

Hope to catch up with the usual suspects next year and maybe meet some new ones!

I wish you all a safe & happy Xmas and New Year!
Sounds awesome Tickster! Enjoy!!

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Everyone is off to escape the heat...sigh. I'm spending a bit of time in the south of France to escape the cold of England.

Thanks to all who keep this board moving smoothly. Wishing a big Happy Christmas and a great 2020 for the Swans and Swans fans alike. Enjoy your Hols.

I echo all the comments above especially about the work the mods put in. I would add a shout out to Clod for his work here and the amazing work he is doing on a sub-forum elsewhere.

This Board comprises a great diversity of folk bound together in our love for the Red and the White. I love the debate which is conducted in remarkably good spirit and generosity.

Best wishes for the holiday period and the New Year. Stay safe one and all.

I'm south of London in Sussex. Lovely countryside, 30 mins to Gatwick, easy train to London or Brighton.

Have family in Brighton but they are away. It’s a beautiful area.

Back