Autopsy 2019. Ten years of Brad Scott.

We will get well beaten, probably thumped, by Port, then beaten by Carlton. If the Club doesn't take action then, we are stuffed - reduced crowds = lower than planned revenue, lower morale of the team (if it can get any lower).

Brad has said that if he isn't right for North, he would move on. Time for the club to sit down and (re)-negotiate his contract. This could allow him to leave with some dignity and for the Club to start looking for a new Coach. Crocker could take over for the remainder of 2019 if he can present a new approach to the Club that they believe in and will support.

Doing nothing and continuing in the current path will cripple the Club.

In 10 years we have made 2 prelims and had the 9-0 start before Jacobs got hurt and the club capitulated.

That's a pretty solid attempt at it. He's not here for the next 10 so cut ties and get Ratten.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s not just Brad Scott, how long has Crocker been at the club? How long has Cam Joyce been at the club? How many drafts and picks can he **** up before getting the arse?

What events are there for the 150 year anniversary? Planning for this should have started 2 years ago with announcements for it last year.
I rang the club last week about the dinner for the 150th birthday as I recall going to the 125th and it was a great night.

The answer - 'we aren't doing a dinner/night for supporters and members for our 150th....but come along to the Chairmans Club and we will mention the 150th....

I thought (and this was before last night's loss) the club is now just completely off track and distracted with too much periphery.

Celebrations like the 150th are what supporters wait for - our response - nope - not having one - come along to some corporate event.

I rang the club last week about the dinner for the 150th birthday as I recall going to the 125th and it was a great night.

The answer - 'we aren't doing a dinner/night for supporters and members for our 150th....but come along to the Chairmans Club and we will mention the 150th....

I thought (and this was before last night's loss) the club is now just completely off track and distracted with too much periphery.

Celebrations like the 150th are what supporters wait for - our response - nope - not having one - come along to some corporate event.
How Out of Touch are these Clowns that Run our Club are? :stern look

Wallace was less than 5 years. And he was told by Capt Chris Newman in the last year that he no longer had the support of the players. Maybe theres something in that for Ziebell.
Going on current form, Jack would be walking straight towards Brad's office to deliver the news only to float off course at the last moment, ending up in the broom cupboard.

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Okay...

If Ben Jacobs and Maj were playing we wouldnt be in the position we are..
okay.gif

I am astonished that we have another year and a half to put up with him.

Our board has a lot to answer for.

It’s not just the board. There are plenty of supporters that have been backing Scotts in for the last 10 years, even though it was clear he was a s**t coach. Any poster on here that supportered him is as much to blame. The heat should have been on Scott long ago.

Negative.

Terry Wallace holds that prestigious title.

Scott is third on the list.
Negative. The post was positive.

Just to follow this up:

North Melbourne Top 5 Mids by Contested Pos. Ave.

1. Cunnington (18)
2. Anderson (10)
3. Higgins (8.8)
4. Dumont (7.5)
5. LDU (7.2)

By Uncontested Pos.
1. Higgins (22.4)
2. Polec (19.2)
3. Dumont (16.8)
4. Hall (14.6)
5. Tyson (13.3)

There are three unique names in each list.

Compare this with the following:

Geelong

1. Dangerfield
2. Kelly
3. Constable
4. Selwood
5. Menegola

and

1. Duncan
2. Dangerfield
3. Menegola
4. Constable
5. Kelly.

One unique name.

Collingwood - one unique name.
GWS - zero unique names.

We've built a bunch of compartmentalised, pigeon-holed robots rather than all-round footballers.

And I just saw in the presser that Scott noticed we actually got the first possession more frequently than the Bombers, yet they still won the clearance. Probably because whenever Cunnington or Anderson won the ball, the Bombers simply knew it was coming to the 'designated' outside player and simply pressured them out of it, forcing an awful disposal or simply just intercepting and taking off with it. That would why we looked so slow and unable to tackle at the stoppage/centre when the Bombers won the footy, or why guys like Cunnington had like 5m gained from 29 touches.

Our midfield plan has been worked out, and we're getting smashed.

Great post. I’ve never understood the inside/outside bollocks. When it’s your turn to go, you go, and when it’s your turn to run, you run. You read the play and do what should be done.

Wallace was less than 5 years. And he was told by Capt Chris Newman in the last year that he no longer had the support of the players. Maybe theres something in that for Ziebell.
Pfft, our boys just physically intimidate someone that questions Scott by kicking footys at them.

That is ******* awful and is clear evidence that this club is rotting from the top both on and off the field. Buckley and Carl need to hand in their resignations at once.

BigRedRoo

Club Legend
May 17, 2006
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I really get the impression we are trying to fit the player to a game plan instead of fitting the plan to the players we have.

My question is if not Brad then who should we target to be the next coach of North?

Feb 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
A regime changes is needed but I am not sure how we go about it. I spent the morning reading through the club constitution (couldn’t really read the match reports). There aren’t many avenues for members to force action other than the annual general meeting. Seems we just had the AGM and the two directors up for renewal went again with out any other competition. Realistically if we are serious about change we should band in here and get our acts together with a well thought out plan and a few nominees that can challenge at the next AGM. Despite the rants in here I am co didn’t we have enough smart and passionate north ppl to make some change

sbdan

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2005
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rooboys
Lots of people talk about ratten...wasn't he a complete disaster at carlton?

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne

So was Denis Pagan.

When it comes to coaches at Carlton it's more to do with the actual club structure, operation and the board than the coach themselves and they also have zero patience with allowing coaches to turn over lists and integrate game plans.

They've only just started that patience with Bolton, and he's looking for it to pay off this season. Which is why I point toward the Carlton game as a concern, Bolton has more to lose than Brad who can coast through the year because the club doesn't give a s**t.

I'd say Ratten is largely unproven as a coach, and if history is anything to go by theres been more success coming out of the Clarkson side of coaching groups than the Malthouse mob of coaching groups (i.e. Brad Scott)

Apr 24, 2011
Greek Islands
AFL Club
North Melbourne

This is very concerning. It's our 150th birthday which is a massive milestone and should be celebrated by the club, its past champions, players, staff, characters, members and fans. Don't the people running the club currently value our history and achievements or have they been 'instructed' to play things down...... (tassie here we come)

If we look at our record under Scott i agree its not great. But....our list was stuffed when he got it, there was a massive hole where youth shouldve been. We over rated our list under Laidley and failed to top up on youth before the GWS and GC monsters took everything for 5 or so years......still are really. We havent even been much a of beneficiary of dislodging players from those 2 clubs.
Players returning to Vic usually only want to go to the big clubs, big crowds, big media opportunities, big chance to land a job for the Mrs etc etc.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
I may be wrong, but from memory the primary reason Carlton got rid of him was because Malthouse became available and they wanted a star coach with what they thought was a list on track for a premiership. It wasn't necessarily that he was bad. Again from memory, I seem to recall a lot of people saying that they were hasty in getting rid.

I might be wrong on that though, but he seems to be the consensus next cab off the rank if a job was to open up. Not sure I'd want to go there though. With the significant changes in the game over the last few years, I'd probably want someone recently out of it, I think, ie Mitchell.

No.

Did well with a bog average list and a board stuck in the 70's.

Highly regarded by Clarkson, but I think Ratten needed a break after some very tough years personally.

Back