Autopsy 2019. Ten years of Brad Scott.

Remove this Banner Ad

I rang the club last week about the dinner for the 150th birthday as I recall going to the 125th and it was a great night.

The answer - 'we aren't doing a dinner/night for supporters and members for our 150th....but come along to the Chairmans Club and we will mention the 150th....

I thought (and this was before last night's loss) the club is now just completely off track and distracted with too much periphery.

Celebrations like the 150th are what supporters wait for - our response - nope - not having one - come along to some corporate event.
The Chairmans Club dinner? That sounds like a ripping event. I wonder if they will try and flog off the unsold tickets to * fans.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I rang the club last week about the dinner for the 150th birthday as I recall going to the 125th and it was a great night.

The answer - 'we aren't doing a dinner/night for supporters and members for our 150th....but come along to the Chairmans Club and we will mention the 150th....

I thought (and this was before last night's loss) the club is now just completely off track and distracted with too much periphery.

Celebrations like the 150th are what supporters wait for - our response - nope - not having one - come along to some corporate event.

This is absolutely staggering.

Has Mick McGuane ever done any coaching ? i have heard him speak footy on numerous occasions, and he seems to know his s**t.
Has been said that he is a great coach and a great footy brain.

McGuane himself has said he has no passion to coach at AFL level and gets more enjoyment from developing players at the lower level.

He loves a punt and a beer and said that he would have to change his lifestyle to coach at AFL level.

Good on him. Sounds like A bloke that enjoys what he is doing and his lifestyle.

The Chairmans Club dinner? That sounds like a ripping event. I wonder if they will try and flog off the unsold tickets to * fans.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Apparently the event will afford attendees the opportunity to sample a personally curated selection of Ben Buckley's finest bottled farts.

Last edited:
I have completed a company directors course, and sit on a number of boards and government advisory bodies.

I'm sure there are others here with expiernce who would be worthwhile nominees.

Start networking Nim.

Ring up Euge first.

Imagine denying the services of one of your most staunch supported players and a man who has made his own way in life after football with McKernan, or not even thinking to call up Duck for some kicking advice like Sydney did with Plugger.

Anyone seen Brent Harvey? He might be the next one to be booted out of the club because of this growing boys club mentality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to follow this up:

North Melbourne Top 5 Mids by Contested Pos. Ave.

1. Cunnington (18)
2. Anderson (10)
3. Higgins (8.8)
4. Dumont (7.5)
5. LDU (7.2)

By Uncontested Pos.
1. Higgins (22.4)
2. Polec (19.2)
3. Dumont (16.8)
4. Hall (14.6)
5. Tyson (13.3)

There are three unique names in each list.

Compare this with the following:

Geelong

1. Dangerfield
2. Kelly
3. Constable
4. Selwood
5. Menegola

and

1. Duncan
2. Dangerfield
3. Menegola
4. Constable
5. Kelly.

One unique name.

Collingwood - one unique name.
GWS - zero unique names.

We've built a bunch of compartmentalised, pigeon-holed robots rather than all-round footballers.
Our midfield plan has been worked out, and we're getting smashed.

Posted this in the round 5 thread:

During the week I'm going to go over the footage from the stoppages against *

After my earlier observations about the pigeon holing of our midfielders, I just had a quick look at the first few stoppages of the game, and it is *exactly* how Cameron Ling suggested re: Higgins, which spurred my observation. The live footage supports the stats I found which show the discrepancies between our inside and outside players.

1st centre bounce: Higgins, Anderson, Cunnington. Higgins runs forward of and outside of the contest while Jed and Ben contest the ball. Tap goes straight to Higgins' direct opponent who is in a few metres of clear space. Delivered straight into the F50 no pressure. Goal to Fantasia.

2nd centre bounce: Ben and Jed chase the ball as it heads goal side for North. Higgins sits 5m off the contest while Polec moves in from his wing and waits for the receive. Jed wins the ball, hands off to Polec who has two guys on his hammer - THEY KNOW - Polec back to Anderson, and then gut runs around the back of the contest, gets the handball receive and with two guys again on his hammer, goes laterally to Pittard. It works out due to Polec's cool head, Pittard's smart kick finds Goldy who gets a shot on goal.

1st ground stoppage actually occured because Jed and Ben were next to one another. Jed won the ball who gives to Ben half a metre away from him. Ben instead of going forward looks for the receiver. They're not there in time (sitting too far off the contest) and Ben gets run down.

----

3/3, the Bombers were onto exactly what we were trying to do. It worked once, thanks only to Polec's repeat efforts and good decision making.

After my earlier observations about the pigeon holing of our midfielders, I just had a quick look at the first few stoppages of the game, and it is *exactly* how Cameron Ling suggested re: Higgins, which spurred my observation. The live footage supports the stats I found which show the discrepancies between our inside and outside players.

1st centre bounce: Higgins, Anderson, Cunnington. Higgins runs forward of and outside of the contest while Jed and Ben contest the ball. Tap goes straight to Higgins' direct opponent who is in a few metres of clear space. Delivered straight into the F50 no pressure. Goal to Fantasia.

2nd centre bounce: Ben and Jed chase the ball as it heads goal side for North. Higgins sits 5m off the contest while Polec moves in from his wing and waits for the receive. Jed wins the ball, hands off to Polec who has two guys on his hammer - THEY KNOW - Polec back to Anderson, and then gut runs around the back of the contest, gets the handball receive and with two guys again on his hammer, goes laterally to Pittard. It works out due to Polec's cool head, Pittard's smart kick finds Goldy who gets a shot on goal.

1st ground stoppage actually occured because Jed and Ben were next to one another. Jed won the ball who gives to Ben half a metre away from him. Ben instead of going forward looks for the receiver. They're not there in time (sitting too far off the contest) and Ben gets run down.

----

3/3, the Bombers were onto exactly what we were trying to do. It worked once, thanks only to Polec's repeat efforts and good decision making.

Its amazing that our members and supporters can work out the mess yet our pig headed coach cant...great analysis themanbun

May or may not need to delete this acount as I have about 15 years worth of shitposts on it, which proably wouldn't relfect well on me - before I consider anything.

It doesn't mean anything to me, and it's about time we had real people on board rather than the pontificating puritans that currently infest Arden Street.

Blokes are clearly overcoached.

Really good interview with Stewie Dew on Sen today. They asked him about having Josh Francou (ex adelaide assistant from last year) and if his addition would provide them any extra ammunition in terms of gameplay etc. Dew basically said you can't put too much in their heads, taking away from their natural ability to make decisions and play within the flow of the game.

Looks like our blokes have an overly convoluted gameplan and instruction, just creating so much doubt and indecision in our players own creativity.

I have completed a company directors course, and sit on a number of boards and government advisory bodies.

I'm sure there are others here with expiernce who would be worthwhile nominees.

I ran for the board in 2007 to stop the move to Gold Coast in fact that’s one of the reasons I joined NMBF to gauge what’s on the minds of our most passionate and dedicated supporters.

Could be time to dust off the constitution and put a ticket together. I wonder what This guy is up to these days? He seems to be on the right track as far as BS goes ;)

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/20167650/scott-not-man-kangaroos-says-ron-joseph

I can’t say under Scott they have ever trained with any intensity. I went down in 2012 when North played West Coast ( the day Cox killed us ) in Hobart. I watched the 2 teams train and it was chalk and cheese. WC trained with a purpose. Kicks were spot on. Chat was up. It was exactly how a professional outfit would train. Short, sharp and with intent. Our guys...it was just so lethargic. Balls were being spilled...kicks off target. No one really cared. Classic just going through the motions training. It was no surprise the next day. I guess it’s also no surprise we are where we are now.
I’ve only been to training a couple of times as I live in Brisbane but I did describe it on here years ago as shits and giggles

Do you think it’s actually realistic that he’ll leave at the end of the year or will we still have him until the end of his full term?

----

You saved me a fair bit of typing, nah actually i couldnt be bothered so wasnt going to say. But given you bring it up......

After last weeks win the positives i saw against the Crows were our work rate and guys finally getting into position to provide an option. Our ball usage could've been better, our goal kicking better but there was a lot to like. Same with the first quarter against the Dons.

But, after quarter time i think you'll find numerous examples of the above where at stoppages our guys didnt have an immediate viable option and turned it over, or spilled it in a tackle. The team simply wasnt working hard enough, too many were cruising at 80% at any one time.

Okay...

If Ben Jacobs and Maj were playing we wouldnt be in the position we are..

St Kilda are missing Carlisle, Roberton - their 2 best defenders. The North fan thing to do is to be like "ah but they aren't even good xD" but their best recent result (2017 - 11th with 11 wins 11 losses, rivalling our 2018) had Roberton 2nd for their B&F and Carlisle 4th. Steven was 6th and is clearly out of sorts.

So missing 2 of their best 6 senior players with a 3rd compromised, managed to work to 4-1.

Which club doesn't have injuries? Hasn't stopped Richmond, Port, West Coast, Hawthorn, Freo, Collingwood who all have equivalent or worse injury lists. Adelaide and Melbourne have worse lists too although they are s**t.

Has been said that he is a great coach and a great footy brain.

McGuane himself has said he has no passion to coach at AFL level and gets more enjoyment from developing players at the lower level.

He loves a punt and a beer and said that he would have to change his lifestyle to coach at AFL level.

Good on him. Sounds like A bloke that enjoys what he is doing and his lifestyle.

Was at Gisborne for a while. Some people still awaiting their money. Loves a gamble a bit too much old Mick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back