Autopsy 2019. Ten years of Brad Scott.

Remove this Banner Ad

He committed near irreparable damage to the ethos of some senior players.
The essence of what we had just seen in the past fortnight.

As others have stated time to move on. Bygones be bygones.
As I predicted recently his legacy will diminish and only get worse as time goes on.

He committed near irreparable damage to the ethos of some senior players.
The essence of what we had just seen in the past fortnight.

As others have stated time to move on. Bygones be bygones.
As I predicted recently his legacy will diminish and only get worse as time goes on.

They reckon he won't do interviews for a coaching gig, if you want me ask me. His legacy is being 'filed"
as we speak

They reckon he won't do interviews for a coaching gig, if you want me ask me. His legacy is being 'filed"
as we speak

View attachment 730746
What will he do for a job then, maybe some development job for afl in qld.
I think he did an ok job, given he had to build whilst the expansion clubs got all the good picks, and you didn't have 2 or more top five picks between say 2004-2009 like Carlton, collingwood,hawthorn, richmond or any father-son picks

What will he do for a job then, maybe some development job for afl in qld. I think he did an ok job, given he had to build whilst the expansion clubs got all the good picks, and you didn't have 2 or more top five picks between say 2004-2009 like Carlton, collingwood,hawthorn, richmond or any father-son picks

Become a politician- speaks enough s**t to pull it off.

Brad Scott is a B for his 10 years in that you always have to judge the impact of the coach given the context of his tenure and the growth of team. He came in when the club was on the verge of relocating to GC, bottom of the ladder facility, 8 million in debt and no blue chip players. Brad has gotten the most of an average C+ team to 2 prelim final and could have gone to another PF in 2016 if injuries didn't mount and if we drafted well.

The real problem however is in drafting and player development, they have been abysmally poor (bottom 4) for the last 10 years. We have traded very well but it could have complement what would have a much better list had we drafted and developed on par with AFL norm. Another major downer was our match day simulation department in that we don't adapt very well to foreign conditions. This is because our opposition analysts are nowhere near AFL standards. This is also military in someways in that you to scout out the enemy terrian, knowing their usual conditions and replicate it back at home for the closest possible imitation of opposition atmosphere. For instance, if we are to play in Perth, our own ground at Arden street have to have the dimensions modeled exactly as the WACA, we need to have surround sound system to replicate the crowd noise with deliberated set biased umpire ruling for the players to get used to a match in the West. If we are to go to geelong, then we need to readjust our training ground dimension and have a lot of water on it to replicate the dewy conditions.

A lot of we are doing at north is not yet on par with the afl let along better. We have done very well with list organisation in terms of contracts and player retention. We are doing very well in the trading department. Drafting since 2016 have been a lot better. We still need drastic improvement with the high performance player development to get the best out of the players. In Shaw, we have a defensive coach that will lean towards addressing our tradition weakness.

Horrible at youth development. Club and Supporters have suffered long enough. This year is finally the light at the end of the tunnel with 4 Rising Star Noms and our kids (18-22) really coming on at senior level.

All I can say is thank god it is over.

Well this came from nowhere.

Brad joins the cult

After cutting ties with the Roos in May last year and sitting out of football for the remainder of the season, Scott will begin the newly created role from next week.

Still stunned no club wrote a big fat cheque for his IP The acurate one .

Scott will assume much of the responsibility left by departing AFL coaching innovation and education manager David Rath, who has joined St Kilda full-time.

While assessing game trends with various stakeholders including players, coaches and analysts, Scott will also work closely with the Competition Committee.

Yes he's shown a real knack for hitting seasons a step ahead of the trends.

The former Roos coach previously served as one of two coaches on the Competition Committee – alongside Brisbane's Chris Fagan – from its inception in 2018 to last season.

One of them seemed to milk their inside knowledge better than the other one. Not sure which though.

Scott will sit under the freshly appointed head of competition Management Rob Auld – the brother of AFL general manager of clubs and broadcasting Travis.

Nepotism and 'who you know' in the AFL? Say it ain't so?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well this came from nowhere.

Brad joins the cult

Still stunned no club wrote a big fat cheque for his IP The acurate one .

Yes he's shown a real knack for hitting seasons a step ahead of the trends.

One of them seemed to milk their inside knowledge better than the other one. Not sure which though.

Nepotism and 'who you know' in the AFL? Say it ain't so?

After cutting ties with the Roos in May last year and sitting out of football for the remainder of the season, Scott will begin the newly created role from next week.

He likes to start work around late January. Anyway no more from me. Scott has done very well for himself so good on him. I reckon Shaw will be the better choice for us and who knows it might see us evolve into a premiership threat.

I’ll put money on him running the AFL one day. He’ll be a Demetriou clone.

I wonder what his ‘Demetriou’ moment will be.

A team based in NZ? Multi ball? No umpires? Only allowing teams to select from a list of 22 players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back