- The early emergence of Tarryn Thomas
- The emergence of Nick Larkey & Cam Zurhaar
- Garner and Wood getting on the park
- The return of North's hardness

Negatives

- Injuries to EVW, Tyson, McKay & Hall
- The absence of Jacobs, Daw & Walker
- Ahern's stagnation

Wouldn't have thought Tyson's injury is a negative, we already have the world's slowest ever midfield.

He was brought in as back-up, and that's where he lies.

Positives

- Regime change
- The form of Polec & Pittard

Negatives

- Ahern's stagnation

Good summary, I’d add Cunnington raising the bar even higher.
Also the signs shown by Scott, Taylor and Crocker.

Positives

- Regime change
- The form of Polec & Pittard

Negatives

- Ahern's stagnation

That last one is a puzzle to me. In theory he should be having a break out season on the back of the best pre-season he has ever had. If he had of played against GWS and replicated the game he played against WCE last year we would have gone very close to winning. Any insights as to what is going wrong? You seem to watch most of the VFL.

- Regime change:chartingup::chartingup::heavycheck::highbrightness:
- The form of Polec & Pittard :heavycheck::heavycheck:
- The early emergence of Tarryn Thomas :zap::heavycheck:
- The emergence of Nick Larkey & Cam Zurhaar:zap::heavycheck::zap::zap::zap::heavycheck:
- Garner and Wood getting on the park:whitecheck:
- The return of North's hardness:zap::zap::zap::zap::zap::heavycheck:

Negatives

- Injuries to EVW, Tyson, McKay & Hall, injuries are unfortunately just the way it is
- The absence of Jacobs, Daw & Walker, Probably cost Brad his job so I'm :partlysunny:
- Ahern's stagnation- reckon he'll be fine in the wash up, still very young and all

Although nobody from the coach down to players is saying so, there is now way less backwards and sideways kicking and handballing, kick to handball ratio is much better, and transition to F50 is noticeably more direct, tackling also appears to be slightly up, all good signs.

Trouble is as soon as we played a good side with a good backline and individual backmen our direct kicking on its own wasn't enough. Same story as the last few years (without Waite). You have to wonder if going direct to Richmond with Rance in the side would have been that good an idea as well. He is certainly not half the backman Taz is (Jeremy Who?) but is still a very good intercept mark.

Trouble is as soon as we played a good side with a good backline and individual backmen our direct kicking on its own wasn't enough. Same story as the last few years (without Waite). You have to wonder if going direct to Richmond with Rance in the side would have been that good an idea as well. He is certainly not half the backman Taz is (Jeremy Who?) but is still a very good intercept mark.
Depends on who is kicking the I50, LDU, Tarryn big tick, Jack, Dumont (lately) not so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2018 Recruiting output - B- (Polec and the Steak Knife have been great, but the other two haven’t).

Change of leadership - A+ (pretty straight forward).

Skills - C (we’re still getting consistently burnt on the turnover by good sides, our skills haven’t improved for years).

Form of the kids - A (3 x RS nominations at the half way mark says it all. Larkey and Zurhaar the bolters).

Injury list - D (long term injuries to BJ, Maj, EVW, WW and now Higgins has really hurt us).

Second half forecast - C (some winnable games, but another mid table finish imminent which equates to another wasted year).

Can someone with any skillz tell me if we are a legit chance to crack the 8 come end of year?

Expecting Gasometer to provide a bit of feedback on the game day threads.

Nah, not at all, my only whinge is starting up at 11.30pm but that’s being over indulgent and a tad a bit about me

So yeh lets talk about 2020 and North...

Off field...

I thought the AFLW was actually a ripping start to the year for us. Wat a great initiative to finally have a women’s team up and about and generating more interest across the female population who love the Club. Looking forward to 2020!

The work of the Huddle continues to be an under appreciated element to focussing some of the marginalised youngsters across this State.

Enjoyed my three emails from Ben Buckley. I think there might be more in my Spam folder. Was a great return from his opening one promising lots in 2019.

Thought it was convenient how most conveniently swept aside how we all knew before Scotts Wife that he was gone on the Friday night. But hey the ends justifies the means as my Pizza Delivery boy Nic Machiavelli tells me when he can never give me change when he comes out to the Farm. Let’s hope that the Leaker doesn’t decide to keep something of interest to themselves in the future based on their own perception of the Clubs interest.

Have enjoyed every game that Razor has Umpired. What a performance in Hobart. Exceptional calls down there. And when he got hit in the nuts that night, well that was so funny that no one cared we came from the ‘basket case List’ 3 weeks before to beat the Tiges. I look forward to seeing it replayed on all the Footy Shows 2019 reviews come September. Champagne Comedy.

On field
Thumbs up...Jy, Zoohar, TT, Larkey, LDU
Ben10 AA
Scooter in best form still
JZ
Friday Night Football and winning... Roaming Brian; wat a guy, so funny
A new Coach now and in 2020

Thumbs down...
The total mishandling of 666
Any injury

This Board
1/3 threads derailed with irrelevant chat to the thread title