No Oppo Supporters 2019 Trade and FA period - Incoming Targets news discussion - read the rules in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That all seems about right, hopefully Shoe is gone so we can bring in Bennell at a DFA. Use 3 picks at the draft because you said 30 +42 both likely will go towards Finn. Bring in some Ruck cover on the rookie list and promote if any of Big Boy or Cegs happen to go down for a substantial period of time.
You argued about schoe not being available and how its no good then want to bring in someone who is more injured than him. Grass is always greener mate

So, we have 3 senior spots open?

Retirements: Roughead
Traded Out: Birchall and Pittonet
Delisted: Mirra, Brand, Miles, Minchington, Mohr (Rookie)

Traded In: Frost and Patton
Rookie upgrades (already confirmed by club on 12 September 2019): Nash and Hanrahan
Reeves replaces Langford on the rookie list

By my count, that's 3 senior spots and 2 rookie spots (on the assumption that Poppy and Schoe are retained and as senior listed).

Doesn't leave a lot of room for a DFA if you wanted to take kids at the draft at picks 11, Finn (30 + 42) and 54

Maybe we can move Poppy and Schoe to rookies?

I wonder what the timing is on drafting and delisting. It could be that we have our sights on a few DFA's and if they are available when we have chance to grab them then we'll delist someone to make room if need be. I wonder what sort of constraints are there on delisting paperwork and when it can be filed.

So, we have 3 senior spots open?

Retirements: Roughead
Traded Out: Birchall and Pittonet
Delisted: Mirra, Brand, Miles, Minchington, Mohr (Rookie)

Traded In: Frost and Patton
Rookie upgrades (already confirmed by club on 12 September 2019): Nash and Hanrahan
Reeves replaces Langford on the rookie list

By my count, that's 3 senior spots and 2 rookie spots (on the assumption that Poppy and Schoe are retained and as senior listed).

Doesn't leave a lot of room for a DFA if you wanted to take kids at the draft at picks 11, Finn (30 + 42) and 54

Maybe we can move Poppy and Schoe to rookies?
We can take 5 national draft picks and no rookie picks or 4 national draft picks and 1 rookie pick or 3 national draft picks and 2 rookie picks - and that changes if any delisted free agents are added

You argued about schoe not being available and how its no good then want to bring in someone who is more injured than him. Grass is always greener mate

Bennell different situation in the sense if he gets fit he'll be more than just depth, hence that's why I think he's worth the risk given what you'd have to outplay.

We can take 5 national draft picks and no rookie picks or 4 national draft picks and 1 rookie pick or 3 national draft picks and 2 rookie picks - and that changes if any delisted free agents are added

Dont the picks have to be 'live' - ie free list places - in order to be draft currency? 11 20 ... as we speak Schoe announced retirement so all moot points.

Im guessing Poppy plays on unless something really tasty comes from left field

1. Morrison
2. Patton
3. Mitchell
4. Impey
5. Worpel
6. Impey
7. McEvoy
8. Lewis
9. Bugoyne
10. O'Meara
11. Nash
12. Frawley
13. Glass
14. Scrimshaw
15. Hardwick
16. Smith
17. Howe
18. Ceglar
19. Gunston
20. Wingard
21. Scully
22. Breust
23. O'Brien
24. Stratton
25. Frost
26. Shiels
28. Puopolo
29. Jiath (Cat B)
31. Henderson
33. Walker
34. Koschitzke
36. Moore
37. Ross
40. Jones (Rookie)
41. Hanrahan
43. Reeves (Rookie)
44. Greaves (Rookie)
45. Golds (Rookie)
46. Cousins

Nash and Hanrahan get upgraded. Presume Reeves stays a Rookie

34 Senior Listed....5 rookies

so we can take up to 6 at the draft right?and 1 rookie?

1. Morrison
2. Patton
3. Mitchell
4. Impey
5. Worpel
6. Impey
7. McEvoy
8. Lewis
9. Bugoyne
10. O'Meara
11. Nash
12. Frawley
13. Glass
14. Scrimshaw
15. Hardwick
16. Smith
17. Howe
18. Ceglar
19. Gunston
20. Wingard
21. Scully
22. Breust
23. O'Brien
24. Stratton
25. Frost
26. Shiels
28. Puopolo
29. Jiath (Cat B)
31. Henderson
33. Walker
34. Koschitzke
36. Moore
37. Ross
40. Jones (Rookie)
41. Hanrahan
43. Reeves (Rookie)
44. Greaves (Rookie)
45. Golds (Rookie)
46. Cousins

Pretty well how I’m reading it. Or some variation on those numbers

An educated guess would suggest we have about 1.5 million in cap space heading into the 2020 season, so you'd assume there will be some serious frontloading of contracts. We can do it all again and talk about our war chest and targets we won't land for the next 9-12 months or so.

An educated guess would suggest we have about 1.5 million in cap space heading into the 2020 season, so you'd assume there will be some serious frontloading of contracts. We can do it all again and talk about our war chest and targets we won't land for the next 9-12 months or so.
Hopefully we've learnt our lesson and stay away from for top players from GWS. Gill won't let it happen.

Gotta target a tier below that player from a proper club to have a chance.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you should give up this football thing. It doesn't give you any joy.

IMO, ruckman aren't worth that much. It's certainly an asset to have a two-way running, mobile ruckman, but they're rarely game-defining.

I'd be putting my chips elsewhere.
Should have used orange font.

We are going to be linked everywhere and to everyone next season, just as with Geelong with the real possibility of a number of their vets retiring.

I think you should give up this football thing. It doesn't give you any joy.
Nor the rest of us.

I wonder if he has the slightest inkling how boring his relentless misery is for those he interacts with.

Last edited:

1. Morrison
2. Patton
3. Mitchell
4. Impey
5. Worpel
6. Impey
7. McEvoy
8. Lewis
9. Bugoyne
10. O'Meara
11. Nash
12. Frawley
13. Glass
14. Scrimshaw
15. Hardwick
16. Smith
17. Howe
18. Ceglar
19. Gunston
20. Wingard
21. Scully
22. Breust
23. O'Brien
24. Stratton
25. Frost
26. Shiels
28. Puopolo
29. Jiath (Cat B)
31. Henderson
33. Walker
34. Koschitzke
36. Moore
37. Ross
40. Jones (Rookie)
41. Hanrahan
43. Reeves (Rookie)
44. Greaves (Rookie)
45. Golds (Rookie)
46. Cousins

Small error (sorry to be THAT guy) you’ve got Impey down as 4 and 6. Other than that, and the obvious inclusion of Sicily, this looks fairly bang on.

Do you actually ever post anything positive?

The fact you liked every post of another poster who bagged out a Hawthorn player in another thread also tells me a lot.

Everyone was telling that poster to pull his head in, except you.

Either you are not satisfied following a club that has been winning Premierships at an astonishing rate for over half a century, or you are just a whinging Flog.

Which one is it?

Also spare me the old “How dare I criticise a Hawthorn player” and upset the rose coloured brigade, because you seemed to agree with another Flog poster who was ******* disgustingly bagging out a Hawthorn Premiership player.

Do you actually ever post anything positive?

The fact you liked every post of another poster who bagged out a Hawthorn player in another thread also tells me a lot.

Everyone was telling that poster to pull his head in, except you.

Either you are not satisfied following a club that has been winning Premierships at an astonishing rate for over half a century, or you are just a whinging Flog.

Which one is it?

Also spare me the old “How dare I criticise a Hawthorn player” and upset the rose coloured brigade, because you seemed to agree with another Flog poster who was ******* disgustingly bagging out a Hawthorn Premiership player.
It’s getting very old now.

Impeyx2!

1. Morrison
2. Patton
3. Mitchell
4. Impey
5. Worpel
6. Impey
7. McEvoy
8. Lewis
9. Bugoyne
10. O'Meara
11. Nash
12. Frawley
13. Glass
14. Scrimshaw
15. Hardwick
16. Smith
17. Howe
18. Ceglar
19. Gunston
20. Wingard
21. Scully
22. Breust
23. O'Brien
24. Stratton
25. Frost
26. Shiels
28. Puopolo
29. Jiath (Cat B)
31. Henderson
33. Walker
34. Koschitzke
36. Moore
37. Ross
40. Jones (Rookie)
41. Hanrahan
43. Reeves (Rookie)
44. Greaves (Rookie)
45. Golds (Rookie)
46. Cousins

We're desperately short KPD depth, adding Frost but losing Brand, Mohr, Mirra & Schoenmakers. Really hope we grab a DFA KPD or someone from the VFL. Would also like to see us grab a similarly mature small forward now that Minchington has been cut, given Poppy's recent struggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back