No Oppo Supporters 2019 Trade and FA period - Incoming Targets news discussion - read the rules in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. He is entitled to freedom of speech. Just put him on ignore as I have done and it achieves the same result.
He’s lost his freedom of speech.

When you PM others to tell them that you hope their family get cancer, that you’ll piss on their graves and “I’ll kill you”, you lose the right to be here.

Funnily enough for all the flak I receive being negative towards to the club I was actually positive in regards to the Wingard trade and I do rate Ryan Burton as a player. Maybe I just see a higher ceiling in Chad Wingard compared to most Hawthorn fans on here.

My initial reaction when Burton’s name was raised as a trade option was negative, but after a few hours to mull it over I got my head around trading out Burton and remembered just how bloody good Chad is. From that point on I was sold.

He’s lost his freedom of speech.

When you PM others to tell them that you hope their family get cancer, that you’ll piss on their graves and “I’ll kill you”, you lose the right to be here.

Freedom of speech is not without limitations in the law and it appears that this individual has transgressed those limitations as no reasonable person would condone those appalling and tasteless threats. He seems to have really plumbed the depths of decency.

My initial reaction when Burton’s name was raised as a trade option was negative, but after a few hours to mull it over I got my head around trading out Burton and remembered just how bloody good Chad is. From that point on I was sold.

Yeah actually that may have been my initial reaction also, but then when I thought about it for a few hours I realised that port aren't going to trade a contracted Chad unless we give up something substantial.

From my source:

- We made a play for Pick 2 off the suns, but they weren't interested. I wasn't told what we offered to get it done.
- Port came to us late to take Robbie Gray. We baulked at his contract demands. Unsure whether it was length or $$$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From my source:

- We made a play for Pick 2 off the suns, but they weren't interested. I wasn't told what we offered to get it done.
We must rate someone high in the draft, if this is true.

From my source:

- Port came to us late to take Robbie Gray. We baulked at his contract demands. Unsure whether it was length or $$$
Port have salary issues. They can’t pay Boak what he is owed either.

From my source:

Surprising if that was the sole reason we baulked at him, given we have cap space in an absolute abundance and won't be able to pay the 95% of the cap with some significant front ending of contracts.

Surprising if that was the sole reason we baulked at him, given we have cap space in an absolute abundance and won't be able to pay the 95% of the cap with some significant front ending of contracts.

I'd happily front end contracts for Sicily/Worpel/Lewis then look to splash some cash later. I actually think we're in a fairly good position (albeit with a lot of question marks) for the core of our list.

You must have been under the rocks is you missed the obsession with Noah Anderson on these boards 🤪
I wouldn't assume it's Noah just because that is who this board wants, could just as easily be Rowell or someone else

Well with Rowell going at one it couldn’t really be him and virtually no one has Anderson making it past 2. If we were going for pick 1 then yeah it was Rowell.
I just mean we have a habit on this board of assuming the players we are interested in are the ones the club is interested in, then when it doesn't happy we get shitty about it.

Club should look at quickly becomes club is looking at quickly becomes club has.

Look at how many talked about next years best 22 including Cogs and Finn, people still talk like we are certain to get Finn and that he will be a walk up starter.

Could happen or the club could go a different way. Club could have been after Anderson or Rowell or someone else, probably those 2 but who knows

He will be 32 at the start of next season, he would have wanted multiple years and we wouldn’t have offered it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back