No Oppo Supporters 2019 Trade and FA period - Incoming Targets news discussion - read the rules in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the other mob would only take our 4 best players, was it still a disaster to say no? That's a weird call PhatHQ without knowing what we tried.

If you lose 3-4 of your best players and a couple high draft picks, how are you set for long term success by bringing in ONE draft pick - regardless how good the player?

Tom Mitchell 26
Jarman Impey 24
James Worpell 20
James Sicily 24
Mitchell Lewis 21
Jon Patton 26
Jaeger Omeara 25
Connor Nash 21
Blake Hardwick 22
Chad Wingard 26
Tim Obrien 25
Changkuoth Jiath 20

Jack Scrimshaw 21
Jackson Ross 20
Ollie Hanrahan 21

Not exactly falling off a cliff in a year or so I wouldn't think...??????
Reckon that's 15 I'd be confident we'll be building our next contender around, and there's some older cream that could still make a tasty contribution...

Those are all players I reckon can WIN their position in an AFL battle.
Pretty exciting in my eyes.
Hard to understand how others don't think so.

Question marks still surround those blokes for one reason or another, but hopefully most of them can come through and be capable best 22 players in a quality side.

Shame we missed out on Robbie Gray if the rumors are true. Could've been our next Stewie Dew and allowed Wingard to play full-time midfield.
It's interesting that they we're flogging him around so readily. Salary cap issues have been mooted.

I’m not too keen to get caught up in this whole argument however I couldn’t let this part slide. Hawthorn does not have issues with player development. We have easily one of the best player development systems in the competition alongside Richmond. This is one of our greatest strengths and is a huge reason why we have avoided the “cliff”. Our ability to develop players picked outside of the top 40 into genuine AFL talents is remarkable.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe our player development on the whole is easily one of the strongest aspects of the club. We are one of the best clubs in the league in terms of player development.

What I was trying to say is that we will still need to continue to develop our younger and new players, as we need more out of them if we are going to contend again. It is still an issue that we have to check off in that regard.

Jumped on to see I had 5 pages to read in this thread and then....why did I even bother

i have always Suspected there are few very clever troll accounts on here. As time goes on, I am more convinced than ever

anyway, Richie Douglas ..hmm.. I thought they got rid of the orange boy with the introduction of sport drinks

Judd2Sewell said:
We have a lot of issues to address both in terms of coaching, game-plan and player development if we are going to get back to being a contending team. That's not being pessimistic, that's just a fact.

That is most certainly not fact, it's your opinion. Vastly different creatures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah I'm just no good at this. Was trying to reply to a quote.. obviously poorly.
I just tried fixing it for you, but you deleted it... Shall I undelete the new, improved version?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richard Douglas as depth I can live with - we’re obviously looking for at least one experienced body since we were also mentioned with Masten. Robbie Gray at his age is much more useful to the likes of the Cats or Pies than us.

This thread is a train wreck...

giphy.gif

It's interesting that they we're flogging him around so readily. Salary cap issues have been mooted.
Port seems like a heavily mismanaged club in general. I suspect Adelaide imploding has meant the SA media have gone easy on them, as its quite ridiculous Hinkley is still coaching.

Then why aren't we reigning premiers? There are obviously multiple things we need to work on, otherwise we wouldn't have finished outside of the top 8.
I'm not suggesting there aren't things to work on, there clearly are. More pointing out that your opinions on the state of the club are not fact, as you claimed.

Yeah the majority is always right. Scary way of thinking this.

The majority isn't always right, but when the majority of people independently come to the same conclusion you've got to ask yourself- "Which is more likely: I am legitimately smarter and more informed than all these people; or I may be misinterpreting the situation".

People these days have this weird notion that "unique thinking" or "unconventional approaches" are a good thing. On the weight of averages the "conventional approaches" are conventional because that's been found systematically to be optimal.

Freethinker bullshit just leads to misinformed dickheads claiming that everyone needs to respect their outrageous viewpoint because it's their "opinion".

And yes, I may have just been dealing with antivaxxers and have an axe to grind (or a vax to grind some might say) but my rant stands.

Faux Freedom of Speech = I don’t want anyone to challenge my way of thinking

Journalists are getting raided and people talk about FOS with respect to being able to bag a monumentally successful football club and coach on a social media site

He he

If you care about FOS ask for a Constitutional amendment because we have zilch here

Anyway, drafts and stuff

Finn and Stephens would make me cry tears of joy.

I love telling idiot campaigners that they don't actually have a right to free speech in Australia and watch their heads explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back