List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think the club is probably just covering their bases. They'd know Coniglio is still kind of a long shot but you've gotta put yourself in the hunt, and if he was to say he wants to come here we'd probably get a deal done.

If we get one I very much doubt we get the other but it's completely understandable that we'd be going after both.

Interesting read quoting Treloar.

The draw of playing for a big club withbig crowds.

That is one of the main differences to weight up. Money and success GWS can provide but noguarantees of a flag.

But playing big games at big stadiums in front of big crowds. That is something GWS will only get in finals playing interstate.

Hawks are on the slide and have a fair way to go before they bottom out IMO. Cats as well will fall in the next three years.

So its GWS or the Eagles if that is what Cogs is looking for.

The family factor and who he supported as a kid are just bonuses if he chooses us.

Interesting read quoting Treloar.

The draw of playing for a big club withbig crowds.

That is one of the main differences to weight up. Money and success GWS can provide but noguarantees of a flag.

But playing big games at big stadiums in front of big crowds. That is something GWS will only get in finals playing interstate.

Hawks are on the slide and have a fair way to go before they bottom out IMO. Cats as well will fall in the next three years.

So its GWS or the Eagles if that is what Cogs is looking for.

The family factor and who he supported as a kid are just bonuses if he chooses us.
I think you are down playing Cogs and JOM’s friendship. I heard they follow each other on Instasnaptwitface. Surely he will be drawn to Dingley!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you are down playing Cogs and JOM’s friendship. I heard they follow each other on Instasnaptwitface. Surely he will be drawn to Dingley!

Thats great. GWS match how do the Hawks trade in yet another elite level talent?

Would need to pay $1m over 6 or 7 years or some such stupid money.

Then they can go on long bromanse holidays the first week of September until they retire.

Why would Gaff go to the Tigers? He stayed here despite a massive offer from North because he thinks WCE are closer to winning a flag. Now he's going to go to Richmond who have gone backwards.....fold the club.

Anything to that ****ty fb page rumour that Rawlings is off to North?
Pretty much a done deal I would think for Rawlings to Norf. Clarkson will be senior coach, Longmire as senior assistant, moving club to Hobart so that AFL will relax the no soft cap limit, then we will see Coniglio sign with them and a number or great free agents due to a new COLA and a rewrite of the GST allocation so that the tin rattlers can pay their staff.

Why would Gaff go to the Tigers? He stayed here despite a massive offer from North because he thinks WCE are closer to winning a flag. Now he's going to go to Richmond who have gone backwards.....fold the club.
I think it's extremely unlikely but not out of the realms of possibility either.

We don't really know the specifics of his current deal with us even though it's been strongly hinted that it's a long term deal. We may have offered him the deal with a promise that if he wants to get traded at some point down the track we will facilitate that too. Maybe he thought he'd give it another chance to win a flag with the boys and then reevaluate. Maybe family issues have cropped up again. He probably signed on slight unders so maybe another club is still trying to shake him loose with a big deal.

We've seen players ask to get traded out and then ask to be traded back to their original clubs too so a change of mind wouldn't bowl me over in surprise.

Link ?

If true that would be a massive blow.

From the north board

North Melbourne attempting to lure Brady Rawlings to Arden St as new football manager
Jay Clark, Herald Sun
35 minutes ago
Subscriber only

North Melbourne has zeroed in on favourite son and West Coast list chief Brady Rawlings to become the Roos’ new football manager.

The Kangaroos parted ways with footy boss Cameron Joyce this week and have made the highly-respected and popular Rawlings a priority target.
If North’s poaching raid is successful, Rawlings would serve as right-hand man to the new senior coach.

The Roos are keen to land former club great and Sydney premiership coach John Longmire as Brad Scott’s replacement.
Rawlings played 245 games for North Melbourne and joined the Eagles first as an assistant coach in 2013, and then as list manager three years later.

similars

He played a key backroom role in West Coast’s stunning premiership last year and remains heavily involved in the Eagles’ bid to lure Tim Kelly back home to Perth.

27d643221b75efbeca95698546cf71c4
Brady Rawlings is in North Melbourne’s sights.
West Coast is fighting to keep Rawlings and do not want to lose him midway through the season as he prepares for another busy trade period.

The Eagles were disappointed to lose assistant coach Sam Mitchell to the Hawks last year and do not want to be raided again.

It is clear the Kangaroos are keen to bring back former greats of the club in key football positions as part of its next chapter.

The club also has an interest in Fremantle footy manager Peter Bell.

Longmire’s manager Liam Pickering this week confirmed North Melbourne had spoken to him about Longmire’s future.

North is yet to make contact with highly-respected Richmond list manager Blair Hartley.

Journos don’t usually bother making s**t up about off field staff other than head coaches so I’d say this is on the money that they’ve approached him at the very least

Whether it’s actually a done deal effective immediately who knows

The position is GM so an upwards promotion and clubs generally don’t stand in the way in those circumstances

Suspect we’ll be looking for a new list manager sooner than we’d hoped. Bit of a shame to lose him but these things happen I guess and with the soft cap as it is we can’t really just up his contract despite having the cash to do just that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back