List Mgmt. 2019 Trade, Draft, Free Agency UltraThread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PremiershipTigers

The Yellow and Black Dynasty Awaits
Apr 20, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
It will end up being at their detriment IMO - especially if they don’t win it this year.
Guys pushing through looking for a payday they feel they deserve will have to accept lesser deals to stay. That opens the door for the other vic clubs to start poaching. Or the interstate clubs for players of their state, as freo did with conca.

If they win more flags than it’s all worth it though. A great balancing act, is list management!
Richmond has far more room than people would believe, and Conca was always going to leave. He wasn't getting a game with us by then end of the season and probably wouldn't have this season - even with all the injuries.

Obeanie1

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
No doubt we wanted a mid with the first pick and I melted for not taking Higgins (I thought he projected as a mid :rolleyes:) but whether we took Allen or Brander first was going to appear equally reachy. I think a few people expected us to take Allen and people were generally open to that as there was a silly assumption that he was going to be the BBIMWBLF

So whether we took Allen first or Brander, wouldn’t have made any real difference. I still don’t really get why we took two KPFs with our first two picks given we were never going to have the space to develop them (we still had Waterman to squeeze in somewhere and had traded in Vardy).

It’s hindsight 101 of course but if it’s all looking more and more likely that we will ultimately pay a lot for Kelly
Maybe Brander will become the BBIMWBLF!

Similar height to Cripps but a more smooth mover. Menagola and Bontempelli size!

Coasters7

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Couldn't agree more. We could've had Kelly on our list in both 2018 and 2019 for far less than what we will have to pay him now. This is unfortunate for Kelly as well - could've been a 2 time premiership player at the end of 2019.
Do we win the 2018 flag if we pick up Kelly though? Butterfly affect and all that.. Sheed wouldn’t have played a game all year, Hutch most likely not in the side either while Gaff and Kelly are both in. Pretty happy with the way it’s turned out regardless.. and now we’ve got the opportunity to add a top 5 Brownlow medalist to a premiership side (and currently 2nd in the flag defence).

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
So my 2nd confirmation in a week...

A very close lifetime indigenous friend of mine a week ago spoke to Tims Mum. Said hes buying a house soon in Geelong.

Then yesterday Tims 1st cousin came to my Nans funeral as did the Ballantyne family. Again Tim is buying a house in Geelong.

Time to move on from Tim Kelly...

And last years prelim final i attended with the Kellys and Bynders (Patrick Bynder) who designed our indigenous jersey...My Brother in law is family of Bynders/Coles. Thanks to him i got my ticket from the family.

sey666

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast

A very close lifetime indigenous friend of mine a week ago spoke to Tims Mum. Said hes buying a house soon in Geelong.

Then yesterday Tims 1st cousin came to my Nans funeral as did the Ballantyne family. Again Tim is buying a house in Geelong.

And last years prelim final i attended with the Kellys and Bynders (Patrick Bynder) who designed our indigenous jersey...My Brother in law is family of Bynders/Coles. Thanks to him i got my ticket from the family.
Very disappointing that Blaine didn’t come.

squashface

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

My uncle’s best mate’s son’s dogsitter served TK once at IGA and says that he’s buying a house in Perth.

Who to believe

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
And if it changes well i guess Eagles or Freo would have to up contract offers. But as of right now he is staying in Geelong.

Nicholas Reid is a jet. Have been talking to people lately about him. Most of them have said he hadnt really put in the hard yards but now hes doing that. Lets get him. Think we have another TK with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dewcefault

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
If Tim decides to stay in Geelong then that's fantastic for him and the Cats.
Seems like a good bloke and with his family situation I hope he can earn enough to set his kids up for the future.
Hopefully both for our sake and Tim's Geelong are offering to pay him 20-30% more than what we could offer him (if he decides to stay).

Tugga27

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

plays tall 1

All Australian
Aug 4, 2004
Lilliput
AFL Club
West Coast
You say that yet the fact is he sat in the WAFL for 4 years.

He wouldn't be there if he didn't have problems he needed to fix.
I remember you were opposed to us drafting Kelly. You were the bloke that gave us the theory that you can’t draft elite midfielders in the second round 😂

You’ve been clearly proven wrong. That’s ok, we all get it wrong from time to time. But spare us your bullsh#t revisionism, offered in a desperate attempt to justify the opinion you held last year.

BOND 007

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2008
Near the beach
From vague memories hunter clark, O’Brien and Stephenson where the midfield types linked all before our first pick. There was small rumblings on Higgins and reaching for Allen whom a lot where unhappy with the idea of Allen at 13.

I reckon as soon as brander was still on the table at 13 like wise with Allen at 21 it was an instantaneous selection
It sure was

Top Bottom