List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Status
Not open for further replies.

RanaNaved

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
People think Cog will go to the Hawks because he's mates with O'Meara? And Patton? FFS, like these two grown men can't live without each other.

They've been separated for a couple of years now and both seem to be coping well with the long distance relationship.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Oh nah, don’t say that to Geelong fans- Krueger is better!

Also, I have concerns Rotham isn’t signed up. I have seen enough. All this kicking around the back, his SC scores will go through roof.

And cant wait until the inevitable where one of you campaigners start “asking” that he should be “tried” in midfield!

Rotham is Hurns full time replacement come retirement, covers backline injuries / form until then. 4 cm taller, quicker and also has very good foot skills. Very impressed with his first two games.

We will move on Nelson, Mutimer and even Schofield before Rotham. Jetta is 29 also and we are becoming smarter in managing his work load and soft tissue injuries before they happen. We should aim to get 15 games out of Jetta and keep him super fresh for September.

Last edited:

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
People think Cog will go to the Hawks because he's mates with O'Meara? And Patton? FFS, like these two grown men can't live without each other.

They've been separated for a couple of years now and both seem to be coping well with the long distance relationship.
Nah, more because Hawthorn are campaigners and will hoover up anyone they like.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Would like to hear more on O'Neil's game.

Will pop over the the Beagles thread.
If venables looks like shuey then O'Neill plays like shuey . Has pace exiting stoppages , fierce tackler , good low flat kicks on both sides and has a very competitive campaigner streak in him .

Definitely something to work with . Our other draftees

Foley seems like dalzeil reincarnate. Outside mid who runs all day .

Cameron is a little pocket rocket who tackles hard and has some tricks and great delivery to our forwards

Williams is a Drew Petrie type forward/ ruck with a great leap and good overhead .
Not very agile and poor below the knees when the ball hits the deck .

Edwards - wow this kid looks like a gem. Tall , athletic with very sticky hands . Knows when to mark and spoil already . Needs more size but as a project tall in the rookie draft .👍👍👍

To think we have barrass oallen brander waterman rotham edwards and williams

We could really go into the next draft/trade and target elite mids and a elite ball using HBF .

Out nelson mutimer jetta (retired) schofield ( retired) masten ( retired/FA )

Last edited:

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
Surprised people were calling for rotham to be delisted . He was always going to be a 4+ year project player .
Very skinny but athletic tall back with a high ceiling .

He has progressed on an upwards curve since being drafted .
2017 Started in the reserves because of his slight frame but worked his way into the seniors by years end .
2018 He then stayed in the seniors all year had some wins but losses also as a key back .
2019 after a strong preseason he played well in the preseason has debuted and shown he is capable of playing AFL standard football.
He has only just turned 21 and has some great attributes . I can see him replacing hurn/sheppard in the 3rd tall role
I liked the pick when we got him,just thought with his limited success in.the wafl and our need to make 3 main list changes each year he was a prime candidate. Apart from mutimer none really jump out at me.
If Schofield stays another year move him to the rookie list perhaps.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
With the emergence of Rotham it would take more than in 2018 for Schofield to get a game. He's 193cm vs. 196, so not much different. I think he has pushed ahead in selection. Love Schofield but can see even less opportunity and a farewell at the end of the year.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
A bit unlucky for Schofield. He hasn’t played a bad game at all from recent memory.

Would be a great backline leader at a younger club struggling for KPDs
Yep and he is a great leader for the Beagles atm . Guys like rotham and edwards who will play mostly wafl this year will learn a lot . And if one of gov or barrass miss you know you have a 175 game veteran to come in . I dont think rotham can hold down a key post at afl level yet .

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
If venables looks like shuey then O'Neill plays like shuey . Has pace exiting stoppages , fierce tackler , good low flat kicks on both sides and has a very competitive campaigner streak in him .

Definitely something to work with . Our other draftees

Foley seems like dalzeil reincarnate. Outside mid who runs all day .

Cameron is a little pocket rocket who tackles hard and has some tricks and great delivery to our forwards

Williams is a Drew Petrie type forward/ ruck with a great leap and good overhead .
Not very agile and poor below the knees when the ball hits the deck .

Edwards - wow this kid looks like a gem. Tall , athletic with very sticky hands . Knows when to mark and spoil already . Needs more size but as a project tall in the rookie draft .👍👍👍

To think we have barrass oallen brander waterman rotham edwards and williams

We could really go into the next draft/trade and target elite mids and a elite ball using HBF .

Out nelson mutimer jetta (retired) schofield ( retired) masten ( retired/FA )

Thanks for the write up muchly appreciated.

We are building some quality depth from the looks of it.

It will be very interesting to see how Venners, Nelson, Waterman and others apply themselves as they wait for an opportunity.

Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles

Just a media beat up.
Same media that regularly refer to O'Meara "returning home to Victoria".

Pulsedriver

All Australian
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
With the emergence of Rotham it would take more than in 2018 for Schofield to get a game. He's 193cm vs. 196, so not much different. I think he has pushed ahead in selection. Love Schofield but can see even less opportunity and a farewell at the end of the year.

Keep Schofield for another year. Can't make a premiership push without depth, and WC need medium defenders more than anything else. Keeping Schofield for another year buys WC time to bring in and develop replacements.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Need some more players with #soccerbackground now that Butts has retired.

Had a few basketball and baseball background types already

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
It goes against the grain with how most on this board see it I think, but I reckon Venners might not turn into near as good a player as what we are all hoping. I get that he is young and has some nice traits, but since going back to the WAFL, he doesn't seem to be able to find the ball any easier than he did in the AFL. He also hardly ever kicks it- 70% HB to 30% kick is about standard for him.
Not writing him off this early and I know he has also had disrupted pre-seasons, but Im not confident at all on him turning into a B grade mid or better at AFL level.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
It goes against the grain with how most on this board see it I think, but I reckon Venners might not turn into near as good a player as what we are all hoping. I get that he is young and has some nice traits, but since going back to the WAFL, he doesn't seem to be able to find the ball any easier than he did in the AFL. He also hardly ever kicks it- 70% HB to 30% kick is about standard for him.
Not writing him off this early and I know he has also had disrupted pre-seasons, but Im not confident at all on him turning into a B grade mid or better at AFL level.

Those %s didn't quite sound right to me so I checked. Last year he kicked it 52% of the time playing AFL. I didn't look at any WAFL stats and wouldn't trust them as much as AFL anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back