List Mgmt. 2019 Trade, Draft, Free Agency UltraThread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wild Kelly

Senior List
AFL Club
West Coast
Fraser McInnes is a meme.

He's been on our list since the 2011 draft and has played 14 games over 4 seasons out of 8.

Since he's been on the list we've brought in: Giles, Hickey, Vardy, Sinclair, Petrie, Allen, Brander, Brooksby. A mixture of rucks, ruck/forwards and forwards. When we knew we would be without Naitanui and Lycett for a year and Sinclair had already gone bit Frase played... *drum roll* 2 games.

Right now he would be probably be 5th choice key forward and 4th choice ruck. Seems like a ripper bloke and all the players love him but we are actually taking the piss. I usually have no interest in players outside of watching them play but I would love to sit down with him one day over a beer and here about his time at WC. If it was basketball he'd be one of those guys that is 12th on the roster and gets token minutes when the team is up by 35.
He's got more footy trophies in his cabinet than the Cockburners FC.

daddy_4_eyes

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
I'm fixated, and adamant on picking up marlion pickett now. FFS fraser, get off our list.
Draft order published on afl.com.au and eagles don't have a pick.
Cue Pickett tearing it up for a Vic club and us having to trade 2 first round picks to get him across in a year's time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yamumluvsbigcox

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
We have a good injury list with no season ending injuries and a premiership winning list almost . Why would we need mature agers ?

We have so many young guys we need to pump games into .

If i was going to use the preseason draft it would be for over agers that were unlucky to miss out the year before. Eg ainsworth

The Stid

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
Draft order published on afl.com.au and eagles don't have a pick.
Cue Pickett tearing it up for a Vic club and us having to trade 2 first round picks to get him across in a year's time.
I still don’t understand why we saw Smith as a better rookie option over Pickett.

Bleedblueandgold

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos, Matildas, Boomers, Opals
I still don’t understand why we saw Smith as a better rookie option over Pickett.
Agree with that. Don't think he'll ever make an impact for us at AFL level and he'll probably be delisted at the end of the year. Don't mind the Edwards selection though.

plays tall 1

All Australian
AFL Club
West Coast
Agree with that. Don't think he'll ever make an impact for us at AFL level and he'll probably be delisted at the end of the year. Don't mind the Edwards selection though.
It looks to me as if Smith and Foley were drafted to aim for Masten’s position. That’s not working out too flash so far but it’s early days for Foley.

AFL Club
West Coast
McInnes seems like the kind of guy a bottom team would pick up in a mid season draft. I suspect some good players will get a shot, but the majority will be role players at best.

Frase has proven to be above the WAFL level but not quite good enough for AFL. A bottom side that needed a key tall/ruck cover could do worse than him to be honest. Heck, even the bombers could use him given their ruck stocks. If Zac Clarke can get a game there, so would Fraser.

FatPizza

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
McInnes seems like the kind of guy a bottom team would pick up in a mid season draft. I suspect some good players will get a shot, but the majority will be role players at best.

Frase has proven to be above the WAFL level but not quite good enough for AFL. A bottom side that needed a key tall/ruck cover could do worse than him to be honest. Heck, even the bombers could use him given their ruck stocks. If Zac Clarke can get a game there, so would Fraser.
Frase is still on the senior list. He ain't going anywhere.

AFL Club
West Coast
Frase is still on the senior list. He ain't going anywhere.
I know that- but there’s plenty that want him to retire so we can get into the draft.

Which was my point, actually. We’d be losing depth for only a chance that player becomes more than depth. Unless a player had a career ending injury I don’t think it’s worth getting involved in.

AFL Club
West Coast
So here is the outline for the U18 Carnival
View attachment 673660
I am not going to speculate about Coniglio or Kelly, it's a good time to see what we might get with what are essentially 3 good earlish picks with picks 12, 21 and 30. I can see that GWS have a prospect in Green who is tipped to go early but not seeing much on other academy prospects or F/S that would significantly disrupt the first 30 picks.

Last November, I was not overly happy with either Foley (we got the wrong Luke Rohan) or Skinny X but we will back in the system and assume they are two developing outside mids. I am not see enough yet from Brayshaw or Ainsworth to believe we have great prospects coming up so I am wanting to get right into re-stocking with some quality inside/balanced midfielders.

With the carnival and possible colts games, here are some names to consider that I think will be around the 10 to 25 mark.

SA - Stephens and Mead
WA - Sharp and Robertson (nephew of D Glass)
Tas - O'Neill
VC - Serong, Stephens and Rantall

I caught up with Monocle at the Claremont v EF game and Sharp played wing. Some have him as a defender, some as outside midfielder. I saw enough of a 17 year old playing against the Tigers seniors to believe he will move this year to midfield and I would call him a balanced midfielder. He will also be a possible wing and or Whitfield type attacking HBF.

Anyway, there are names that I will be hoping we look at. I think the asking price for either Kelly or Cogs will be 2 first rounders, assuming we can land the deals.
Chad Warner looks good at one of those second rounders, got a bit of Sloane about him.

AFL Club
West Coast
It looks to me as if Smith and Foley were drafted to aim for Masten’s position. That’s not working out too flash so far but it’s early days for Foley.
That's what I thought. Smith is a running machine who doesn't stick tackles or have great game impact. Someone who can run all day, provide a link option from minute 1 to minute 120. Sort of like Masten.

Love him or hate him, Masten's career is approaching an age/time ending and if we want someone doing that specific role, then we had to plan for it. And (again, if we want like for like) then Smith or Foley may be the man.

If we want a different style of wingman, then Petrucelle on one wing, Gaff on the other is an option. Or Gaff/MAllen.

Coasters7

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Can players retire and then nominate for the mid season draft? Ie a McInness essentially leaving us for Richmond?
Was thinking something like this. Are we going to see clubs let a few players know early that they’re not required and they then go and “retire” before coming out of retirement at the conclusion of the season to potentially be picked up by someone else? I’m sure there’s rules about this somewhere but who knows being the AFL.

AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
Really like the Edwards selection. Certainly a lot of potential there to work with.

AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
We have a good injury list with no season ending injuries and a premiership winning list almost . Why would we need mature agers ?

We have so many young guys we need to pump games into .

If i was going to use the preseason draft it would be for over agers that were unlucky to miss out the year before. Eg ainsworth
You'd like us to draft Ainsworth again?

Top Bottom