List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Mid Season Draft is Monday.
8 young fellas are heading to Melb 2moro for AFL medicals.
As it stands WCE n Freo dont have picks but its been highlighted that retirements or players going on long term injury lists can make spots become available.

So what is WCE doing Campaigners?

The Freo Ryan Murphy retired from WAFL footy 4-5 years ago. There's another Ryan Murphy playing for Claremont so it could be him.

The article is about ex-AFL players though?

Unless they got their players mixed up which is possible

So Mid Season Draft is Monday.
8 young fellas are heading to Melb 2moro for AFL medicals.
As it stands WCE n Freo dont have picks but its been highlighted that retirements or players going on long term injury lists can make spots become available.

So what is WCE doing Campaigners?

Short of someone suffering a long term injury this weekend or McInnes deciding to retire, for which there’s been no chatter, you’d have to think we’re not getting involved.

Interesting that Waterman has nominated. basically 4 years out of any serious footy and only has a handful of games under his belt this year. Kinda feel like we might have persuaded him to nominate.

Interesting that Waterman has nominated. basically 4 years out of any serious footy and only has a handful of games under his belt this year. Kinda feel like we might have persuaded him to nominate.
Could it be that previously listed players within say the last 2-3 years are automatically included?

what we should of done was this last season... trade our 2 picks in the early 20's with a team who had picks in the 7-14 range, and also offer our first rounder for this season for their second rounder for this season.. that would of got us kelly... or we should of stocked up more picks for this year to offer geelong... feel like we didnt really plan it well

Isn’t there like 100 pages of posts giving minute-by-minute coverage of how we tried and failed to do exactly that with 20 and 22?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Harry Edwards foot injury they could potentially be an 8-10 week injury I wonder if we plan to put him on the LTI and we are looking at bringing in Alec Waterman?
I like the idea about Replacing Harry but not believing Alec is anywhere near ready. For his sake, I think he needs another season at Claremont and away from the spotlight.

I would not be averse to picking up Marlion Pickett for an injured Harry.

As for Harry, I have seen enough to be happy with this pick. We need patience and he may well be a KPD in 3 years time.

With Harry Edwards foot injury they could potentially be an 8-10 week injury I wonder if we plan to put him on the LTI and we are looking at bringing in Alec Waterman?

Is Waterman likely to play this season and add depth?

Would rather go Pickett as a 27 yr old inside mid / half back option and pretty much seal the Tim Kelly trade. Win in 2019 and win in 2020.

Pickett on his own deserves a crack. Don't be surprised if Geelong are thinking along the exact same lines.

Perfect way to bolster our midfield / half back stocks, have a good look at him for half a season and then put the cherry on the cake getting Kelly to us and not Freo.

If we sit on our hands and Wells gazumps us (again) and Kelly then stays I will be seriously, seriously pissed off.

Is Waterman likely to play this season and add depth?

Would rather go Pickett as a 27 yr old inside mid / half back option and pretty much seal the Tim Kelly trade. Win in 2019 and win in 2020.

Pickett on his own deserves a crack. Don't be surprised if Geelong are thinking along the exact same lines.

Perfect way to bolster our midfield / half back stocks, have a good look at him for half a season and then put the cherry on the cake getting Kelly to us and not Freo.

If we sit on our hands and Wells gazumps us (again) and Kelly then stays I will be seriously, seriously pissed off.

Good point with Pickett. With Jetta not getting any younger and Watson always injured he would be perfect to come straight in and play.

WC have said that if any players get picked they will still spend time at their original club this year and with Waterman i was thinking they might pick him up and try get his body right for next year while letting him play at Claremont.

Good point with Pickett. With Jetta not getting any younger and Watson always injured he would be perfect to come straight in and play.

WC have said that if any players get picked they will still spend time at their original club this year and with Waterman i was thinking they might pick him up and try get his body right for next year while letting him play at Claremont.

Pickett would be a suitable experienced backup for any of the small / medium defender positions and also any midfield rotation. He could basically cover 8/9 players should one get injured.

The bonus is he could well almost guarantee Kelly comes our way if he elects to come back to Perth. Believe there is a Tim Kelly column / article in the Geelong advertiser pumping up Pickett big time. Cats very well may pull the trigger on Pickett and hope that turns Kelly into staying.

Low risk, low cost high reward and great insurance.

Isn't that exactly what the mid season rookie draft is all about?

Pickett would be a suitable experienced backup for any of the small / medium defender positions and also any midfield rotation. He could basically cover 8/9 players should one get injured.

The bonus is he could well almost guarantee Kelly comes our way if he elects to come back to Perth. Believe there is a Tim Kelly column / article in the Geelong advertiser pumping up Pickett big time. Cats very well may pull the trigger on Pickett and hope that turns Kelly into staying.

I’d like to get Pickett but not holding my breath..
Do you know why he hasn’t played much this year ??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As it stands Geelong have a full list and no players likely to be mothballed for the year that they can put on the LTI list, so like us they’re very unlikely to participate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back