List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a true match winner wen he plays, has shown more then T.Lynch imo
I respectfully disagree.

He's not proven to be a Buddy, JJK, Reiwoldt or even Ben Brown level talent and given the silver service on offer it's inadequate.

Even bloody Taberner can have the odd dominant game. It doesn't make him a top level performer.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
I respectfully disagree.

He's not proven to be a Buddy, JJK, Reiwoldt or even Ben Brown level talent and given the silver service on offer it's inadequate.

Even bloody Taberner can have the odd dominant game. It doesn't make him a top level performer.
Hmm.

year younger than brown and averages 2.57 goals per game to Browns 2.18 goals per game.

Statistically speaking Cameron has Brown covered in most areas.

heck, Brown isn't even an AA, while Cameron got one in just his second season.

He's more dominant than Ben Brown.

Hmm.

year younger than brown and averages 2.57 goals per game to Browns 2.18 goals per game.

Bitch pls.

If Ben Brown was in front of that gws midfield over the journey he would have slaughtered it.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
On the lead perhaps, i've never found him to be a good contested mark for his size.

Williams is where it's at for pack grabs.
Saw him taking a few solid clunks for EP last year.

also.

No. 8 – JARROD BRANDER
Victoria (Bendigo Pioneers)
Forward/defender
Born:
11/2/1999
Height: 195cm
Weight: 90kg
TAC CUP STATS
Disposals: 10.3
Kicks: 6
Handballs: 4.3
Handball efficiency: 70%
Kicking efficiency: 38%
Marks: 4.7
Tackles: 0.3
Goals: 1
One elite attribute: Overhead marking. Versatile tall with excellent close-out speed and a great set of hands – can be useful in a number of roles.
Best-case comparison: Michael Hurley
WHAT HE’S GOT
Versatility:
Brander’s got the size and speed to play on the gun tall forwards of the competition and he’s got the agility to match up on smaller players, too. Can kick goals himself if needed.
Overhead marking: Brander won’t get pushed around because he’s very strong through the upper body. He doesn’t have massive hops, but he times his leap at the footy well and grabs the ball with firm hands.
Intercepting: He’s too good defensively to be a loose man in the backline, but he’ll still see plenty of intercept possessions by judging the play in advance and peeling off his man.

1. Jarrod Brander (VIC)
Position: Key forward
Height, weight: 195cm, 83kg
Recruited from: Bendigo Pioneers
Projected draft range: Top five
Profile: Brander is regarded as one of 2017's premier key forward prospects. He possesses a combination of speed, agility and strong hands overhead. From his four TAC Cup games in 2016, Brander averaged a very promising 2.5 goals and 6.5 marks per match.

Brander is a good overhead mark who has the ability to have a commanding influence on a game. We saw that most prominently when he played for the Allies against Vic Metro, steering his side to a surprise win with three goals. That day at Simonds Stadium he played with presence, leapt at the ball confidently, and was agile around the ground.
He's also able to play as an intercept marking defender, and has shown the ability to read the play well and get into the right spots to cut off forward forays and get the ball going his team's way.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone else really happy that he “hates” us.

Good times 😎
Hmm debatable.

Like I said previously, he's more of a downhill skier/cream on top sort. Him in our back 6 would just thrive and take our defence to another level.

garlic munchers

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2006
Downbeat Optimist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardinals
Hmm debatable.

Like I said previously, he's more of a downhill skier/cream on top sort. Him in our back 6 would just thrive and take our defence to another level.

Can’t see Wilson hitting it off with Barass, McGovern, Hurn, Sheppard and we are apparently all about “team”.

Plus he revels in everthing Rockingham/Freo.

But hey I might be proved wrong when an Eagles player does a spread like Willo & his missus did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Hmm.

Cameron has a platnum rated midfield supplying him ball.

Brown has a working class midfield with two stars.

Ant surprise Cameron is slightly ahead statistically?

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Can’t see Wilson hitting it off with Barass, McGovern, Hurn, Sheppard and we are apparently all about “team”.

Plus he revels in everthing Rockingham/Freo.

But hey I might be proved wrong when an Eagles player does a spread like Willo & his missus did.

That photo and his comments about the Ealees sums up Wilson.

D!ckhead bogan. Do not want. Perfect for Freo.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
He reminds me of the kind of guy you see at a bus stop in Rockingham/Armadale/Midland pacing up and down, smoking, muttering to himself and occasionally spitting. Every now and then he'll punch the back of the bus shelter, swear a bit and start complaining about having to catch the bus because he lost his license for doing burnouts.

He reminds me of the kind of guy you see at a bus stop in Rockingham/Armadale/Midland pacing up and down, smoking, muttering to himself and occasionally spitting. Every now and then he'll punch the back of the bus shelter, swear a bit and start complaining about having to catch the bus because he lost his license for doing burnouts.

Hey I've met that guy on several occasions! Usually around public transport.

Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
I asked the Ports board about him late last year, and they were pretty happy with his development - the consensus was he was playing some good SANFL footy as a linebreaking halfback.
If he wants to come home now he'd be cheap as chips I guess... but do we really want anyone that Port fans were mildly happy with?

I really wanted him in his draft year. If he were available now or at year's end, I would still be very interested. Hard for anyone now though to break into our team as we have built up a super strong squad.

Stop leading me on naughty boy.

unnamed.gif

Bluengold91

Senior List
Aug 14, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
I respectfully disagree.

Respect your opinion, tbh no one had reached buddy levels. N Riewoldt n Jk are a lot older n could easily argue at same points in there careers Cameron has actually shown more. As for be. Brown I don’t even think he is close to Cameron in goals kick

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Respect your opinion, tbh no one had reached buddy levels. N Riewoldt n Jk are a lot older n could easily argue at same points in there careers Cameron has actually shown more. As for be. Brown I don’t even think he is close to Cameron in goals kick

Would take Nick Riewoldt every day of the week over Buddy. The same way i would take Dunstall every day of the week over Ablett Snr. You can't build success around players like buddy or ablett senior. They can be the best player of their generation but they don't guarantee team success. (Riewoldt didn't either however i'm much more inclined to blame Ross Lyon for that than Roo)

You build sides around players who are consistent and can play to a team structure. Guys like Ablett or Buddy are unbelievable and you'd want them in your side but in so many ways just like jetta or lecras for us. They are the cream on top.

Bluengold91

Senior List
Aug 14, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Would take Nick Riewoldt every day of the week over Buddy. The same way i would take Dunstall every day of the week over Ablett Snr. You can't build success around players like buddy or ablett senior. They can be the best player of their generation but they don't guarantee team success. (Riewoldt didn't either however i'm much more inclined to blame Ross Lyon for that than Roo)

You build sides around players who are consistent and can play to a team structure. Guys like Ablett or Buddy are unbelievable and you'd want them in your side but in so many ways just like jetta or lecras for us. They are the cream on top.

Buddy n Ablett senior the cream on the top 😂 buddy was a massive part of 2 of hawthorns premierships, Ablett snr was the best player in a team that made 4 or 5 gfs, I’d take a bloke that kicks 9 in a GF over a bloke that takes an uncontested mark, n with no match awareness stroll into an open goal n doesn’t even get a foot to the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back