List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Gee Brayshaw or Cerra for Kelly. That's a fackin' laugh. I'd be packing their bags for them if I was a Freo nuffie. Never have, never will see the value in Brayshaw's number 2 selection. He looks slow and makes bad decisions, isn't a big body and can't take a mark. Cerra is a little bit better, probably a future permanent fixture at Freo but not that good.

Can't say I've followed either particularly closely but they're both 19 and Freo elected to use picks 2 and 5 on them and re-sign them into the future. Shuey didn't even debut until he was nearly 20 and Yeo was decent at that age but no superstar. I don't see Freo putting them up for trade, and if they did Geelong would probably still ask for their first pick to go with it.

Gee Brayshaw or Cerra for Kelly. That's a fackin' laugh. I'd be packing their bags for them if I was a Freo nuffie. Never have, never will see the value in Brayshaw's number 2 selection. He looks slow and makes bad decisions, isn't a big body and can't take a mark. Cerra is a little bit better, probably a future permanent fixture at Freo but not that good.

I reckon Cerra will be a gun. Brayshaw is going to have to work really hard to be anything above average - which I suspect he has the work ethic for.

Naughton instead of Hogan would have been an interesting sliding door...

campaigner___

Club Legend
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Can't say I've followed either particularly closely but they're both 19 and Freo elected to use picks 2 and 5 on them and re-sign them into the future. Shuey didn't even debut until he was nearly 20 and Yeo was decent at that age but no superstar. I don't see Freo putting them up for trade, and if they did Geelong would probably still ask for their first pick to go with it.
Shuey was like pick 20 or something though, and I think Yeo was in the 30's... Just saying, you've got players like Naughton, Rayner, Butters, Sam Walsh who are all first and second year players winning games off their own boot and then you've got Brayshaw and Cerra who are lucky to keep their spots in their team right now. Coupled with Freo's recruiting of Hogan- which literally everyone in the AFL said is a liability, yet they sold the house for, they should be looking at offloading one for a ready made player who might actually be able to hit a target for them!

campaigner___

Club Legend
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I reckon Cerra will be a gun. Brayshaw is going to have to work really hard to be anything above average - which I suspect he has the work ethic for.

Naughton instead of Hogan would have been an interesting sliding door...
Yeah can't say I'm a fan of Hogan at all. He has a s**t attitude, s**t priorities and pretty much a flat-out s**t role model. He's having pretty much no impact to the team. Watching him on the weekend he was leading away from the ball carrier trying to get the easy ones out the back.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
So here is the outline for the U18 Carnival
1557807548288.png

I am not going to speculate about Coniglio or Kelly, it's a good time to see what we might get with what are essentially 3 good earlish picks with picks 12, 21 and 30. I can see that GWS have a prospect in Green who is tipped to go early but not seeing much on other academy prospects or F/S that would significantly disrupt the first 30 picks.

Last November, I was not overly happy with either Foley (we got the wrong Luke Rohan) or Skinny X but we will back in the system and assume they are two developing outside mids. I am not see enough yet from Brayshaw or Ainsworth to believe we have great prospects coming up so I am wanting to get right into re-stocking with some quality inside/balanced midfielders.

With the carnival and possible colts games, here are some names to consider that I think will be around the 10 to 25 mark.

SA - Stephens and Mead
WA - Sharp and Robertson (nephew of D Glass)
Tas - O'Neill
VC - Serong, Stephens and Rantall

I caught up with Monocle at the Claremont v EF game and Sharp played wing. Some have him as a defender, some as outside midfielder. I saw enough of a 17 year old playing against the Tigers seniors to believe he will move this year to midfield and I would call him a balanced midfielder. He will also be a possible wing and or Whitfield type attacking HBF.

Anyway, there are names that I will be hoping we look at. I think the asking price for either Kelly or Cogs will be 2 first rounders, assuming we can land the deals.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats

Should have taken Naughton with one of the picks. But Freo have never been interested in talls with their early picks

Oh except that gun Logue

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
So here is the outline for the U18 Carnival
View attachment 673660
I am not going to speculate about Coniglio or Kelly, it's a good time to see what we might get with what are essentially 3 good earlish picks with picks 12, 21 and 30. I can see that GWS have a prospect in Green who is tipped to go early but not seeing much on other academy prospects or F/S that would significantly disrupt the first 30 picks.

Last November, I was not overly happy with either Foley (we got the wrong Luke Rohan) or Skinny X but we will back in the system and assume they are two developing outside mids. I am not see enough yet from Brayshaw or Ainsworth to believe we have great prospects coming up so I am wanting to get right into re-stocking with some quality inside/balanced midfielders.

With the carnival and possible colts games, here are some names to consider that I think will be around the 10 to 25 mark.

SA - Stephens and Mead
WA - Sharp and Robertson (nephew of D Glass)
Tas - O'Neill
VC - Serong, Stephens and Rantall

I caught up with Monocle at the Claremont v EF game and Sharp played wing. Some have him as a defender, some as outside midfielder. I saw enough of a 17 year old playing against the Tigers seniors to believe he will move this year to midfield and I would call him a balanced midfielder. He will also be a possible wing and or Whitfield type attacking HBF.

Anyway, there are names that I will be hoping we look at. I think the asking price for either Kelly or Cogs will be 2 first rounders, assuming we can land the deals.

If we are giving up 2 first rounders, Congilio is the one id go for.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
i Think Waterman as a third tall will be able to kick 40 goals a season. Has the the tools to be a very hard match up. Endurance to work over tall opponent and has the the size/strength and overhead capability to dominate a small opponent. Just needs a run at it as forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
WAFL is a different ball game because he's already a very good player at that level. I remember LeCras as a small going back to West Perth before he was established in the Eagles side and kicking 7. Players with a couple of AFL pre-seasons under their belt should be going back to the WAFL and having an impact. I was a big fan of Waterman early last year as a HF and he was handy vs St Kilda getting up the ground and taking 7 marks. Hopefully he can find a role in the side where he has an impact without having a lot of ball channeled through him.

The point I was saying put him in the Lecras pocket if you want to get goals because playing high hf he can contribute for the team up and down the ground but with less goals ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wild Kelly

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Mcinnes surely we could retire. Any others that come to mind for retirement? Id like to retire Masten. Pay him out rest of this season and do it however he might get a trade to a GC or Freo even.
I think its unlikely he will get many more games with us.
Every f****** thread.........give it a rest. He's not playing, he's down and you continue to put the boot in.

mattyc75

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2010
over here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
So lets say we manage to free up a rookie spot before the midseason draft, who do we go for?
I like mitch hibberd or corey gregson.both would fill a need
Otherwise i think oliver eastland or ajang ajang if your looking for a developing ruckman

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back