List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/a...s-in-2020-ng-1e97f9fa7261bf8c439f96b7f1dc844f

LOL

“From about $250,000 to somewhere north or south of a million bucks.”

So from a rookie salary to not a rookie salary. Excellent journalism. 5 stars.

"That could mean if Geelong does trade the midfield gun, it could receive multiple first round picks in return."

Or it could mean that they could not.

Sigh, I miss when journalists actually reported on something other than hypotheticals about other people's opinions on hypotheticals.

3 draft picks used to get a out of contract Kelly surely Geelong will need to give ,
Wce their 2nd Rd Pick plus a player possibly Narkle back
or
the Geelong’s 1st rd Pick back ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just heard on radio cats have offered him 1 year deal at $800k with option for 2nd

I wasn't in the country during the trade period so I'm not fully aware of what went down at the trade desk, but what were we offering vs what were they asking? Was it feasible to get him?

We offered our two second rounders and this years second.

Cats wanted this years first and our two second rounders from last draft.

It mattered naught what we offer them last yeas as the Cats had no intention of ever trading him.

Good thinking and I like that idea :thumbsu: , you can also add Geelong Falcons, Cooper Stephens into the mix as well at that point in the draft.

He is a not getting as much love on draft boards as he should , due to the fact that he has missed the championships as a result of a leg fracture in April.
He is the Falcons Captain and keep an eye on his form in the TAC Cup, in the final stretches of the season as his injury was a 6-8 week out.
Good Colac boy, Luke Hodge and Aaron Finch territory. Good leaders

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/cats-get-creative-in-effort-to-keep-kelly-20190612-p51x31.html

Sounds like all the idea we had at trying to keep Judd. One being Judd lives in Melbourne but flys to Perth for home games lol

'Savy Geelong list managers' f#@*ing LOL'D my arse off.

Ok if he doesnt go for five years or one year lets offer him 1 + 1.

Duh! How f#@*ing savy do you need to be to work that one out.

Cats need to offer $200k per year just as an incentive to live away from home, Perth. So that $800k offer is what the WA club will pay.

Pony up $1m a year min for five years with an option for Kelly to be granted a trade to his preferred club for an agreed trade value and Geelong might get their man.

Who wrote that article? The script writers of GOT season 8?

'Savy Geelong list managers' f#@*ing LOL'D my arse off.

Ok if he doesnt go for five years or one year lets offer him 1 + 1.

Duh! How f#@*ing savy do you need to be to work that one out.

Cats need to offer $200k per year just as an incentive to live away from home, Perth. So that $800k offer is what the WA club will pay.

Pony up $1m a year min for five years with an option for Kelly to be granted a trade to his preferred club for an agreed trade value and Geelong might get their man.

Who wrote that article? The script writers of GOT season 8?
That article basically confirms Kelly is gone. If he doesn't want to be there long term he won't want to be there for another 12 months either.

I can't remember the last time a list manager came out and openly discussed the terms and $ of an offer for a current player. Clearly Wells is starting trade negotiations in the media and is desperately trying to stick to getting 2 first rounders. Good luck considering he is uncontacted.

That article basically confirms Kelly is gone. If he doesn't want to be there long term he won't want to be there for another 12 months either.

I can't remember the last time a list manager came out and openly discussed the terms and $ of an offer for a current player. Clearly Wells is starting trade negotiations in the media and is desperately trying to stick to getting 2 first rounders. Good luck considering he is uncontacted.

Astute post👏

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's coming home I reckon, now that another of his kids has been diagnosed with autism. But I definitely think he's willing to go to Freo if that is a means to come home. They'll have the better first round pick, but we'd have the substantially better second rounder.

Do freo have the cap space to lure him though?
They gave handsome contracts to Hogan ($1m per year Source) & Lobb (at least $700k unless he took a paycut from his GWS contract Source) last year. Fyfe would be on $1m+ as well. If $800k pa is the going rate for TK, Freo will be stretched unless they are seriously underpaying a large chunk of their list.

Who wouldve thought that kelly could be harder to fit into the salary cap than coniglio!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Congrats to Kelly, who would have thought being passed over in drafts would create a situation where he is paid higher than he otherwise would ever had dreamed!

Drafted Yeo, Vardy, Cripps and Redden and created a Premiership team, so changing track and throwing the everything at an elite player won't be happening.

We missed the boat in not chasing a competent (with pace) but not elite mid in the trade period last year.

Congrats to Kelly, who would have thought being passed over in drafts would create a situation where he is paid higher than he otherwise would ever had dreamed!

Drafted Yeo, Vardy, Cripps and Redden and created a Premiership team, so changing track and throwing the everything at an elite player won't be happening.

We missed the boat in not chasing a competent (with pace) but not elite mid in the trade period last year.
Huh? Drafted those players?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Do freo have the cap space to lure him though?
They gave handsome contracts to Hogan ($1m per year Source) & Lobb (at least $700k unless he took a paycut from his GWS contract Source) last year. Fyfe would be on $1m+ as well. If $800k pa is the going rate for TK, Freo will be stretched unless they are seriously underpaying a large chunk of their list.
In addition, you would think that Walters, Pearce and Hamling, who are all better players than Hogan and Lobb, would be chasing substantial increases over the next couple of years.

West Coast and Fremantle continue to make clear how interested they are in a player leading the AFL Coaches Association award from stars like Patrick Cripps and Patrick Dangerfield.

“To a certain extent Tim has to make up his mind what he wants to do and that will be predicated by what offers come forward,” van der Wielen said.

“It won’t just be about money, it will be about family first and we will see what happens.”

“I can’t tell you if he is staying at Geelong or coming home but we really don’t know. It will come down to what is on offer and what it means for Tim’s family.”

Lucky we have the mantra: Friends , Family, Flags. Freo cannot offer any of that.

If he wants say 800-850 i am sure we can get that somewhere.

West Coast's play can't and shouldn't be about money. The sell is being in Perth. Not being in Perth and being a millionaire and upsetting the apple cart on the way in.

Any form of 1+1+1 deal doesn't offer real security. I find it hard to believe that Geelong will offer some kind of magic 5 year deal that he can get out of at any stage that commits to paying him every season if he does a serious injury in 2020 pre season. The 1+1 thing is also a bit of a gag because it said in the article Geelong would still ask for two first round picks etc. It's not really a get out clause, it's just a contracted player being able to request a trade.

WC (and Freo) should offer a longer term deal for around what Geelong or offering or below. Security and location trumps a bit more per season short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back