List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Remember the good old days of being linked to Taranto at pick 13 for like a week before the draft.. before GWS jumped at 2. The guy is a genuine bull.. I enjoyed that week
Don’t forget the 24 hour period where all the mocks had us taking Jaidyn Stephenson at 13.

ghostbat12

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
He actually said in an interview he was staying in Geelong over the bye.

So that would be pretty convincing for Cats fans.

He will be very well paid no matter where he goes. Lucky for him it didnt happen last season. $650k per year is now up around $850k.

Oh absolutely. My other take from other post is that it isn’t necessarily all about the missus wanting to come back.

Money doesn’t bother me. We either can or can’t fit him in. If we are still looking at him, it means we can fit him in. However wce can look after him post retirement. That has value. And if outside companies come in and offer things if he signs for wce, then that will help. Obviously nisbett can’t offer that himself. Has to be outside and independent

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Oh absolutely. My other take from other post is that it isn’t necessarily all about the missus wanting to come back.

Money doesn’t bother me. We either can or can’t fit him in. If we are still looking at him, it means we can fit him in. However wce can look after him post retirement. That has value. And if outside companies come in and offer things if he signs for wce, then that will help. Obviously nisbett can’t offer that himself. Has to be outside and independent

If Tim flew over for a day just to see his little bro get added to the South Freo development U15's that says a fair bit.

Think he would have also had a chat with a club or two.

IMO Cats will need to pay $200k pa more than the WA clubs to get he to even think about staying. Just under half of that will be tax. Will he, Caitlin and the kids be happy to stay in Geelong for an extra $100k per year?

IMO the $$ offered between clubs won't be $200k apart. Maybe $100k before tax, $50k after tax.

Then he need to weigh up where he will live post retirement and what 'trailing' marketing $$ he could earn in Perth v Geelong.

Remember the good old days of being linked to Taranto at pick 13 for like a week before the draft.. before GWS jumped at 2. The guy is a genuine bull.. I enjoyed that week

Only bettered by those couple hours on draft day when late mail suggested Stephenson's heart condition would scare everyone off and he'd fall to us.

He's already played 38 games, including a grand final, and kicked 59 goals. In a season and a half.

We took Brander, who's played 2 games and is yet to kick goal.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
genuinely believe geelong are wasting their time. hes def home bound come end of the season. who to is the next question
I guess at that this point they're going to do their best to make sure we pay through the nose (both through a trade and in how much money we pay Kelly). Anything that weakens our salary cap position helps them in a small way.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
You could tell from his first season that he was going to be a star. Got the whole package.

random260

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I haven't seen that game yet, but saw game before vs metro and thought the exact same about Robertson. He's an inside accumulator but no real weapons.
I like Rivers, but prefer Garcia who's quick, tough and generally a good user. He's the one you notice making an impact.

31 possession from Robertson vs Vic Metro.

Now 32 possession from Robertson vs SA

His weapon is his leadership. I don't think leadership can be taught and is often met with composure and maturity. But I agree from what I can see hes not really a high impact player so hopefully he can slide. I do want to see his combine scores.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Tom Browne seems to think Hawks , Carlton , WCE still in talks with Coniglio .
Staying at the Giants is the most likely but at least we're still a silly chance .
If we’re in talks then we must have room somewhere. Obviously not going to be asking the question if we don’t have enough to offer him. Interesting what happens with Kelly given we’re now apparently going after both, do we have enough for that? And if we do but only get one of them what will we use the remainder on?

Ridge Renegade

Debutant
Nov 5, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I normally put minimal credence into the words of Tom Browne, but I love that we're still in the fight for Cogs. T Kelly is gonna look dead sexy in blue & gold. Get em both, use whatever cap space and '19 & '20 picks it takes. A Yeo, Cogs, Shuey, Kelly, Gaff midfield would get this campaigner wet....

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Why would we do an official media release around the fact that we have tabled an offer for Nick Nat on the club website? Hopefully this is just a grab from an interview.

I'd say for the following reasons:
  • it places the club on the front foot in any negotiations as it has now been cast publicly as a supportive entity with a goodwill approach
  • it now places pressure on Naitanui to not delay in signing or he risks coming off negatively with the public
  • the club must be confident that Nic will agree to the offer that has been tabled
  • pretty much any news for the club concerning Nic gets a media release
  • it acts as a shot across the bow to recruiting targets and other clubs (the club is freeing up a significant amount of salary cap space and is letting it be known that they will be at the table this year when it comes to player dealings)

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Blaine Johnson has quit Baldivis Brumbies and has gone back to Souths. Played his 1st game in ressies on the weekend. He is a medium sized lead up fwd. We dont really have one of them since Lecras retired.
Jake Waterman they try and use like that he is everywhere and not fitting in properly.

One to watch lol. Can kick a snag. A bit maturer now. 23 yrs old, was delisted 4 years ago. Maybe chuck the Balla to Baldivis out now. Will ask this weekend.

Last edited:

sey666

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Blaine Johnson has quit Baldivis Brumbies and has gone back to Souths. Played his 1st game in ressies on the weekend. He is a medium sized lead up fwd. We dont really have one of them since Lecras retired.
Jake Waterman they try and use like that he is everywhere and not fitting in properly.

One to watch lol. Can kick a snag. A bit maturer now. 23 yrs old, was delisted 4 years ago. Maybe chuck the Balla to Baldivis out now. Will ask this weekend.

AEWZ.gif

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Holy s**t, i just opened this thread in a while and it is lit. Im all for dropping Waterman so we can get a country player playing reserves footy. It ill be a big FU to those bloody Vics ehy.

Also lets draft Mitch Brown to replace Petruccelle. Yeah i know he's a bit mature these days but i know he can kick a couple as a small forward.

Holy ****, i just opened this thread in a while and it is lit. Im all for dropping Waterman so we can get a country player playing reserves footy. It ill be a big FU to those bloody Vics ehy.

Also lets draft Mitch Brown to replace Petruccelle. Yeah i know he's a bit mature these days but i know he can kick a couple as a small forward.

Stuff Cogs or Kelly. When you get the opportunity to recruit a mature ager who is playing good solid footy in a reserves team in the Peel Football and Netball League, you have to do it.

Sure, Jake Waterman kicked more goals in two minutes than the Blaine Train did in his entire AFL career, but this is THE Peel Football and Netball League Reserves we’re talking about.

Last edited:

Wild Kelly

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Tom Browne seems to think Hawks , Carlton , WCE still in talks with Coniglio .
Staying at the Giants is the most likely but at least we're still a silly chance .
I thought that no one could possibly give me the shits more than that McClure prick then this Tom Browne idiot rose from some compost heap. What a pompous little s**t he is! Where do they find these idiots!!

hungrytiger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
HoneyBadger35 Blaine is the leading goal kicker in Peel comp in League ya flog.

And hes just come back to Souths. 1st game was in ressies. Just a heads up 2017 he was South Freos leading goal scorer too. 59 goals not too shabby for a mid sized fwd.That was 2 yrs after he was delisted by the blues.
He is 23 now and mature agers are all the rage..
South Freo seem to be getting a few through.
You really are a tosser.
Heard of a bloke named Tim Kelly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back