List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Good player no doubt

But they're not exactly operating the fountain of youth over there

They'll have an extra if they land the other King next year.

Battle is OOC next year.

1) He goes down in price straight away if he stays and he might be worth nothing in 2 years time. If I was him I would torch Freo's arse and walk to the PSD at the end of the 2021 season with a monster price on my head.

Contracted, can’t walk into the pre season draft

2) Pick 12 IS his value.

FREE AGENTS STILL AVAILABLE

Sam Jacobs - Adelaide Crows(restricted)
Jack Newnes - St Kilda (restricted)
Ben Reid - Collingwood
Sam Murray - Collingwood
Paul Puopolo - Hawthorn
Nathan Brown - St Kilda
Daniel Menzel - Sydney Swans
Chris Masten - West Coast Eagles

Sam Jacobs - Adelaide Crows (restricted) - should we have a look?
Jack Newnes - St Kilda (restricted) A no
Ben Reid - Collingwood - no
Sam Murray - Collingwood - maybe
Paul Puopolo - Hawthorn - no
Nathan Brown - St Kilda - no
Daniel Menzel - Sydney Swans - no
Chris Masten - West Coast Eagles - no

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints just pulled it off with 6, which is worse than the 4 that the Crows had. 8 is close enough to 6.
It really isn’t. Chance of a bid coming before 8 is high. Before 4 is almost zero. 6 is dicey. I reckon they’re cutting it a bit fine but it might have been the only deal available to them.

IIRC Masten was the Eagles' supporters whipping boy for years. I'm not sure he's much better than Tyson in terms of inside mid depth, Hall for outside mid depth, or the young blokes we have to fit into the team. Not for me.

Murray was nothing more than a pace merchant that couldn't hit the side of a barn by foot at Collingwood. Not for me. Let's draft a half back and let Ahern continue to develop off the back flank.

I feel that we have no need to be looking at these types of third-rate players. Leave them for the likes of Gold Coast while we continue to develop our very bright youth stocks with additions from the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back