List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Brown for picks 5 and 9?

I'd take it if Ben was happy to make the move.

If he was against it, then no point unsetlling the club culture etc.

But if Ben was up for it (longer / better contract) then 5 and 9 would be delicious.

What good is a gun full forward in a team which is struggling to make the eight?
You're fired.

Not sure if it's the drugs talking but some of you take Brown's output (and it is proper output) for granted.

I'll give you a tip Tas - he gets a lot of frees because opposing defenders panic.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Plus-
Takes the best Defender
Offers spillage for front and centre

Daniher has played 11 games in 2 years, don’t the scum already have his replacement?
Too busy drafting outside flankers and getting ‘trade wins’ from the master Dodo bird, who hasn’t won * a final in 15 years.

Not sure if it's the drugs talking but some of you take Brown's output (and it is proper output) for granted.

I'll give you a tip Tas - he gets a lot of frees because opposing defenders panic.

Larkey would get those frees too or Xerri or Daw or McKay.

They may also be a threat in a contested situation.

So none of them were traded in their prime just for draft picks just out of the blue?

And what's wrong with Ben being a vegan and a lefty?

They were all premiership players who were sold off to the highest bidder, be it picks or players. Carey netted us Wells, Schwass - Grant. Bell 2 R1 picks which we ****ed up by picking the only 2 duds out of a Superdraft.

Plenty. For context, I was responding to the assertion that Brown is North and Brown represents all of us.

Which he isn't and he does not.

Regardless of opinion of his ability. Brown is our most marketable player, I can't see an essendon fans wishful thinking dream ever actualising for two top ten's, that aren't 1 and 2

Plenty. For context, I was responding to the assertion that Brown is North and Brown represents all of us.

Which he isn't and he does not.

He does when he pulls on the jumper and runs out onto the field.

Regardless of what you think of him if all our players worked as hard as he does we'd already have no. 5 and maybe 6 in the bag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He does when he pulls on the jumper and runs out onto the field.

Regardless of what you think of him if all our players worked as hard as he does we'd already have no. 5 and maybe 6 in the bag.
Ignore is your friend for this numpty.

BBB is one of the reasons my girls come along to the games.
The love watching him. Running around, taking marks and scoring his goals with the big run-up. Would be lots harder to get them to the games if he wasn't playing.
As said before there would be no chance North would trade him or he would even entertain it.
That said the only way I can see him ever leave is if Tassie gets its own team (not us!) and he plays his last few years for the Tassie team to help them out.

Pickett>was being umpired out of the game and wanted to get back to the tribe.

Didn't even have to look that up.
I have generally accepted your pot-stirring clickbait posts, safe in the knowledge that you are in the tiny minority for most of your "opinions".

But the above is offensive and bullshit.

A new low 👏

Carey, McKernan, Martyn, Picket and Bell all played in the 99 premiership. Perhaps you could remind us how many more premierships we've won since they were "traded." And then explain again why trading your A graders for two lottery tickets improves the team.

I quite enjoy your posting.

You are blaming our last 20 years on trading players away?

Firstly, you have to acknowledge that we aren't going to win a flag with Bown, Taz, Cunners, Higgo and Ziebs.

Once you come to that realisation, the only way another flag is going to happen in our lifetime with the disadvantages we face is by having multiple top 10 selections. It's not a perfect plan, it's just a plan that gets us out of mid table mediocrity that we've been stuck in for 20 years.

It's pure insanity to think we are going to improve by adding 1x#9 & 1x#27 every year. We have the lowest spend, do you have any concept as to how difficult it is to identify, develop, have the right picks to actually select the players?

Sitting on our asses doing nothing, whilst rebuilding with the 5th oldest and experienced team is pure ******* insanity.

If you accept that, then you accept why some of us (I'm not alone) would happily pull the trigger on that trade, why? Because it can not be any worse than the last 20 years.

Sometimes posts are so bad that it forever taints ones opinion of a poster...

There isn't angst because what you are suggesting simply isn't done. Nobody looks to trade out their best players for draft picks which can be a crap-shoot.

He is Vegan. One of Brown's strengths is that at 200cm he is still able to run more km than almost every other player in the competition. There is strong evidence that a vegan diet contributes greatly to this ability: https://blog.mapmyrun.com/why-are-so-many-ultrarunners-vegan/

He kicks with his right foot.

One trick pony being his ability to kick 60 goals a season consistantly

PC flopper, what does that even mean?

And the punch line, you want to give away one of the best 5 big men in the comp based on a theory from Terry Wallace?!? F#&k me that's rich.

What's rich is doing the same thing over and over for 20 years and praying for a miracle.

Mate, sometimes in life you have to to take a chance - this could be our Thompson/Hay moment.

And please don't bring me Beau Dowler or whoever they drafted, it's a mindset thing.

You back in the kids to succeed. I know my club loses its best players every year and remains at the top of the tree unearthing gem after gem, some of whom our fans can't stand and don't rate.

Jumper > Player

Have faith in Xerri or Daw or McKay in combination with Larkey and Wood to do the job, you can be upset and disagree with my sentiment but don't ever feel that I want anything but number 5 and I'd do just about anything to get it- including trading an above average Brown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back