List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

Remove this Banner Ad

As said before there would be no chance North would trade him or he would even entertain it.

Brown is on record as stating "I am a North Melbourne person", and he is a man who is sincere about his convictions.

There's about as much chance of seeing him in another jumper, as there was of seeing Archer or Stevens in another jumper.

I have generally accepted your pot-stirring clickbait posts, safe in the knowledge that you are in the tiny minority for most of your "opinions".

But the above is offensive and bullshit.

A new low 👏

Is this some racial thing because I used the word tribe? Replace it with family then if I offended you.

Ferbs will pull me up on it if it's racial in any way. You can go about your day now. Thanks for being offended at absolutely nothing.

Trading Ben Brown?

If you have a good key forward you leave that spot alone. Be happy you found one without needing a top 5 pick to get them in the first place. Walk away from any deal.

The fact it's a player with great involvement with the club and is hands down the most marketable bloke on the list? Slam dunk. Not even the #1 pick would coax me into a trading discussion.

As for the players we cashed in that supposedly prove the point of shipping out mature players..

Peter Bell vs Dylan Smith, Daniel Motlop, Jess Sinclair & Rick Olarenshaw .

You could argue Peter Bell's career as a player and beyond at Freo trumped all of that group combined even acknowledging that Jess was a very good player for us. But it wasn't a strategic trade, Peter walked.

Wayne Carey vs Daniel Wells & Kris Shore. We did well but again it wasn't a strategic trade.

Mick Martyn - delisted.

Schwass vs Shannon Grant & Paul McMahon. The only win here. Grant alone justified the trade. Remember Schwass was a very good player on a premiership depth list though so a rare time where we could afford to lose someone with currency.

Pickett - wow we got Leigh Brown and Joel Perry. Choppy went on and got a Norm Smith. What a win for us..

McKernan - Corey won a B&F, we got Mark Porter and a pick upgrade that became Ash Watson and Rod Crowe. Wow, what a win for us..

is anything going to happen ?

This trade period has been a lot of people trying to trade their Skodas to pick up a Merc, but there's only Lada's available
Except for * who apparently have an Aston Martin. Ultra high value, irreplaceable, but rarely seen outside the showroom.

A flurry of activity is expected in the last two days of the Telstra AFL Trade Period with plenty of negotiations yet to be resolved
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-10-15/trade-winds-patience-of-the-saints-pays-off-taylormade-swan

In what would amount to a blockbuster trade, 26-year-old Brown would join Essendon, North would receive picks No. 5 (from Essendon) and No. 9 (from Sydney's expected trade of Papley to Carlton) and the Swans would get 25-year-old Daniher.
The carrot for the Kangaroos would be the rare chance to enliven their list with three top-10 picks, given they already have pick No. 8.
But relax, Roos fans – it ain't happening. News Corp reported that Brown is happy at Arden Street and wouldn't entertain a trade.

Ffs even the afl website

The Suns want more than a future 2nd round pick for Martin.

Now, I don't think he's worth a top 10 pick, but if GC were to bundle pick 15 & Martin for pick 8 then.........................:think:

Trading Ben Brown?

If you have a good key forward you leave that spot alone. Be happy you found one without needing a top 5 pick to get them in the first place. Walk away from any deal.

The fact it's a player with great involvement with the club and is hands down the most marketable bloke on the list? Slam dunk. Not even the #1 pick would coax me into a trading discussion.

As for the players we cashed in that supposedly prove the point of shipping out mature players..

You could argue Peter Bell's career as a player and beyond at Freo trumped all of that group combined even acknowledging that Jess was a very good player for us. But it wasn't a strategic trade, Peter walked.

Wayne Carey vs Daniel Wells & Kris Shore. We did well but again it wasn't a strategic trade.

Mick Martyn - delisted.

Schwass vs Shannon Grant & Paul McMahon. The only win here. Grant alone justified the trade. Remember Schwass was a very good player on a premiership depth list though so a rare time where we could afford to lose someone with currency.

Pickett - wow we got Leigh Brown and Joel Perry. Choppy went on and got a Norm Smith. What a win for us..

McKernan - Corey won a B&F, we got Mark Porter and a pick upgrade that became Ash Watson and Rod Crowe. Wow, what a win for us..

Most of the the last few pages are utter insanity.

But there's also no use citing our drafting history from the early to mid 00's. It's essentially irrelevant.

Not only is the draft entirely different, but North arguably wasted more picks and had the worst 5 years of drafting and trading than any club in the last 20 years.

We went from being a slam dunk premiership chance with the amount of amunition we had to a mediocre mid table side that would set us back for 20 years and we are still actually still recovering from.

If we had the same picks as we had access to in that period, with the quality of senior players we had at the time now, we would be entering a dynasty.

Between 1999 and 2005 we had 20 x top 30 picks! and still had the likes of Simpson, Grant, Harvey, King, Archer etc on the list.......

We took the following picks to the draft in the period:

Then amazingly traded the following:

15,17,47 + Mooney = Leigh Colbert
13 = Leigh Brown
10, 26 = Nathan Thompson
18 = Jon Hay
13, 29 = Daniel McConnell + 18

The above destroyed the club for 20 years, without a doubt...

We traded Carey, McKernan, Schwass, Martyn, Pickett and Bell.

I can't believe the angst over trading Brown...

Vegan, lefty, one trick pony, PC flopper... For two top 10 picks, absolute cracking deal for us which will finally see us vacate Terry's vortex.

Anyway strong username to post quality correlation.

Brown is another knee injury away from being worthless, take the deal and run.
Pity we can't trade you to another team board.

I'd be happy with an end of last round pick and a packet of twisties - but don't think we'd even get that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of the the last few pages are utter insanity.

But there's also no use citing our drafting history from the early to mid 00's. It's essentially irrelevant.

Not only is the draft entirely different, North arguably wasted more picks and had the worst 5 years of drafting than any club in the last 20 years.

If we had the same picks as we had access to with the quality of senior players we had at the time now, we would be entering a dynasty.

Between 1999 and 2005 we had 20 x top 30 picks!......

We took the following picks to the draft in the period:

Then amazingly traded the following:

15,17,47 + Mooney = Leigh Colbert
13 = Leigh Brown
10, 26 = Nathan Thompson
18 = Jon Hay
13, 29 = Daniel McConnell + 18

The above destroyed the club for 20 years, without a doubt...

That's the inverse of my point. I was replying to the notion that we had both initiated and then done exceedingly well out of trading those players.

Don't start me on Colbert et al. Called it there and then at the time that it was stupidity and as mentioned before had spoken to Cam Mooney at the B&F who didn't even want to leave. We shredded a premiership culture and deserved to end up with fool's gold.

Please don't cite who our Colbert pick 47 or McConnell pick 13 became..

A flurry of activity is expected in the last two days of the Telstra AFL Trade Period with plenty of negotiations yet to be resolved
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-10-15/trade-winds-patience-of-the-saints-pays-off-taylormade-swan

In what would amount to a blockbuster trade, 26-year-old Brown would join Essendon, North would receive picks No. 5 (from Essendon) and No. 9 (from Sydney's expected trade of Papley to Carlton) and the Swans would get 25-year-old Daniher.
The carrot for the Kangaroos would be the rare chance to enliven their list with three top-10 picks, given they already have pick No. 8.
But relax, Roos fans – it ain't happening. News Corp reported that Brown is happy at Arden Street and wouldn't entertain a trade.

Ffs even the afl website

No joke. I just had a mate call and ask if it was true we were trading Brown to Essendon.

Journalism hey....

The Suns want more than a future 2nd round pick for Martin.

Now, I don't think he's worth a top 10 pick, but if GC were to bundle pick 15 & Martin for pick 8 then.........................:think:

It would mean we would have Martin but miss out on Stephens Gould Ash as they would all be gone by 15?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trading Ben Brown?

Mick Martyn - delisted.

I personally think draft picks can be overrated at time, but comparing trades for picks from 20 years ago is irrelevant.
The amount of change there has been across all facets of identifying young talent is light years away from what it was 20 years ago.
Draft combines, more recruiters, more resources, footage of potential draftees, draftee interviews, underage develop has improved dramatically to help identify draftees potential. This is just scratching the surface of the amount improvement there has been in identifying top talent.
If you compare the success rate of top 10 picks picked now compared to 20 years ago, the success rate would be heavily weighted to now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Could see Xerri booting 65 goals a year. Make it happen Denis.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's not unrealistic. Assuming we'll play in a grand final he just has to add 2.6 goals pr game to bridge the gap with his current 0 goals per year average.

It's not unrealistic. Assuming we'll play in a grand final he just has to add 2.6 goals pr game to bridge the gap with his current 0 goals per year average.

If Larks won the Frosty with 41, then I can't see Tristan kicking close to 65.

Xerri needs to extract the digit in 2020 to the point where he's pressing for a debut.

There's more than 20 blokes coming out of contract next year and the heat for spots is going to rise.

No joke. I just had a mate call and ask if it was true we were trading Brown to Essendon.

Journalism hey....
Yeah, maybe I should post in the grumpy thread but I swear growing up they weren’t this rubbish

I personally think draft picks can be overrated at time, but comparing trades for picks from 20 years ago is irrelevant.
The amount of change there has been across all facets of identifying young talent is light years away from what it was 20 years ago.
Draft combines, more recruiters, more resources, footage of potential draftees, draftee interviews, underage develop has improved dramatically to help identify draftees potential. This is just scratching the surface of the amount improvement there has been in identifying top talent.
If you compare the success rate of top 10 picks picked now compared to 20 years ago, the success rate would be heavily weighted to now.

Is it?

Picks 5 & 9 2012-2016.
  • Setterfield, Brodie
  • Parish, Weideman
  • De Goey, Cockatoo (pick 10 as pick 9-Moore was a father-son)
  • K.Kolodjashnij, Salem
  • Stringer, Vlastuin
Yeh-nah. I wouldn’t swap Brown for any of those pairings.

De Goey and Vlastin would make me take notice but I still wouldn’t swap Brown for either as (putting aside his own inarguable quality) it would leave us exposed in a key position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back