List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

Remove this Banner Ad

If Larks won the Frosty with 41, then I can't see Tristan kicking close to 65.

Xerri needs to extract the digit in 2020 to the point where he's pressing for a debut.

There's more than 20 blokes coming out of contract next year and the heat for spots is going to rise.

Sarcasm Tef :)

The Suns want more than a future 2nd round pick for Martin.

Now, I don't think he's worth a top 10 pick, but if GC were to bundle pick 15 & Martin for pick 8 then.........................:think:
How about 2020 first and 2019 third for Martin and pick 15 this year?

Might be able to snare cool hand Luke Jackson with 15.

Not even football itself captures the attention quite like the annual AFL trade period.

Officially spanning eight weekdays, silly season is incrementally sillier every year.

Fans are constantly trying to extract information and pre-empt back room deals that underpin trades. It fuels speculation and rumour. Innuendo is rife; any slither of information treated like gold.

I think Tom Morris misspelled "Journalists"

One of the other reasons that this time of the year is a maelstrom of media activity is that the journos are finally not even remotely required to write about the game itself.

Match reporting and tactical analysis is not a strength - or even an acknowledged skill set of these people. In fact, I imagine they find that part of the ‘game’ particularly unimportant.

This is their time to shine, because finally their pathological inadequacies about not being 250 game former champions can finally be shunted aside as they busy themselves in rubbish bins.

Third-World-Skeptical-Kid.jpg

"So you're telling me, if Dusty came to North we would have won the flag"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine wanting to trade your star forward because you don't agree with his social beliefs.

He could roll with Balkan skinheads and as long as he kicks 60 sausage rolls a year, I do not care.

Brown is another knee injury away from being worthless, take the deal and run.

If my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a bike. If you had more than three brain cells to rub together, you wouldn't post nonsense.

Papley is the only player left that I am genuinely interested in for this trade period (other than the likes of Hill, who obviously isn't coming to North). Not sure what the hold up is with the Papley to Carlton deal, so I wonder if there is an opportunity to make a late play for him.

Agree with others that we should look to trade our 2020 1st pick, in particular to a club like Sydney which has academy players next year as the 2020 pick is effectively worth 20% more to them.

What about our 2020 1st pick to Sydney for Papley and pick 44? Sydney seem to want more, but I think that is very reasonable value for Papley and if time is running out they might become more reasonable. Could come down to whether Sydney are genuine in wanting to help Papley get home, or if they would rather keep him and will only let him go for overs.

We would then have picks 8, 27, 44, 47 and 73, but only have 3 list spots available, so could then do a further trade like:

Send picks 47 & 73 to West Coast (which currently has picks 46 & 91 as it's first two picks) for their 2020 2nd pick. Would get us a pick back in 2020 and we go to the draft with picks 8, 27 & 44.

Alternatively, send picks 27 & 44 to Gold Coast for pick 20 and their 2020 4th rounder. We would then go to the draft with picks 8, 20 & 47, with the pick 20 to give us a much greater chance to get Gould or Jackson. But not sure that Gold Coast would go for this. It gives them a 3rd rounder which they currently don't have, but they have brought in a few players already and might not have the list spots available.

Probably accurate.

The comment is like arguing that a free kick at the 15 minute mark of the first wast thedefining moment of a game.

Dusty comes.
Maybe Kelly comes too.

Our list then looks completely different.
We probably play finals in the last couple of years.
We'd still have Brad.
No LDU.

I mean it sets in place an entirely different set of circumstances.

In a world of nothing comments to fill airways this is complete nothingness.

If we're going to play in fantasy worlds, 'if North hit all their targets they'd be on track for a likely 3peat.'

I mean it's just as made up nonsense as what Dal is saying.

Is it?

Picks 5 & 9 2012-2016.
  • Setterfield, Brodie
  • Parish, Weideman
  • De Goey, Cockatoo (pick 10 as pick 9-Moore was a father-son)
  • K.Kolodjashnij, Salem
  • Stringer, Vlastuin
Yeh-nah. I wouldn’t swap Brown for any of those pairings.

De Goey and Vlastin would make me take notice but I still wouldn’t swap Brown for either as (putting aside his own inarguable quality) it would leave us exposed in a key position.

Well you'd probably be the only recruiter in Australia.

De Goey on his own is worth more than Brown and Vlaustin was unlucky not to be an AA this year. They are 23 and 25 yrs old.

I agree with all the others, but as a matter of being impartial, every club, including North would do De Goey & Vlaustin for Brown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back