List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JeanLucGoddard

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep, but I will say and no doubt you're the same. I hope Ben can turn it around. Ben needs to listen to his coaches.

On Majak , the hammy wasn't serious , they figured he'd done more than expected and deserved a rest.

Will add though he is nervous about whether he can get back to where he was. Understandable of course.
I saw him and Rhyce going off together for what I assume was lunch last week when I was down at the ARDEN PRECINCT for a swim.

ferball

Premium Platinum
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Had a chat with a Lions mate. Josh not the worlds greatest trainer apparently.
When I was looking at the Lions board re him there were a couple of times he was on video and I thought he looked "fat" in his footy jumper. Nor=t by normal person standards but by AFL defender standards.

RobZombie

Premium Platinum
May 18, 2012
Back In Town
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Jays, Leafs
Sorry. I'm dumb. Where are we at with draft picks? Off the senior list is Thompson, Hrovat, Wright and Watson but Bonar and Zurhaar go on. So does that leave us with just 2 live picks?
We ran with 39/5 instead of 40/4 last year so we have 3 spots + Zurhaar and our 4th pick is 50 so well placed for live trading.

May 27, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Surely we won’t list Walker till after the draft so we can see what magic we can conjure with our picks in regards to who we pick up, or how we shuffle them around, all of our picks have currency in the form of points value. After the draft we reassess, either rookie Walker if we are in fact interested, or we try before we buy all pre season and list him late given we have a list spot available or heaven forbid receive a long term injury before Xmas.

MagicDaw

Senior List
Sep 28, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So Fagan couldn't get him going but Shaw can?
I think most players would (should) put more effort in after being delisted. Shaw would make it very clear what was expected and if he doesn't buy in he will be on the scrap heap after 1 year on the rookie list.
Will be interesting which way we will go with only 3 senior spots, 1 rookie and some cat b rookies to fill.
Shaw and Rawlings will have some hard decisions to make in September 2020!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
Apr 24, 2013
inside your head
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
Need a hug, big guy?
Sure, if you fancy a punctured lung.

Just pointing out what an actual contribution looks like. There's others around here, study them.

You never know, if you actually start making a few of them yourself, then one day you might end up with the credibility required to be a critic.

Rusty Buckets

Debutant
Oct 11, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think most players would (should) put more effort in after being delisted. Shaw would make it very clear what was expected and if he doesn't buy in he will be on the scrap heap after 1 year on the rookie list.
Will be interesting which way we will go with only 3 senior spots, 1 rookie and some cat b rookies to fill.
Shaw and Rawlings will have some hard decisions to make in September 2020!
This will be the bloke's third club.

Heaps of fun

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sure, if you fancy a punctured lung.

Just pointing out what an actual contribution looks like. There's others around here, study them.

You never know, if you actually start making a few of them yourself, then one day you might end up with the credibility required to be a critic.
You sound very deeply lonely.

King Corey

Jun 9, 2001
Windy Hill Safe Injecting Room
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
This will be the bloke's third club.
You, Mr north man and Mr Taswegian should all together and reacharound it out.

I mean, I like a bit of objectivity but you 3 have me wanting to take the nuggets out of the oven and go all Sylvia Plath after most of your posts.

Horace

Premium Gold
Dec 2, 2001
Mitcham
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Fitzroy
I will preface this by saying I have no idea how clubs work out how many to have on the Senior list and how many on the Rookie list, but by my reckoning we have 35 on the Senior List and after the delisting of Tom McKenzie, 4 on the Rookie List. Obviously Zurhaar has to upgraded, making it 36 and 3. Surely that gives us 4 picks in the National draft or if we sign Walker as a DFA, 3 picks in that draft. That is 26, 27 and 47 and only 50 would be wasted unless we are able to do some pick swaps to convert 47 and 50 into something a little higher.

However wasting 50 is surely not such a problem if we think that having a reasonable DFA instead of pick 50, better suits our list requirements. Effectively pick 50 becomes a DFA selection. Or am I completely barking up the wrong tree?

Passmore

Norm Smith Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I will preface this by saying I have no idea how clubs work out how many to have on the Senior list and how many on the Rookie list, but by my reckoning we have 35 on the Senior List and after the delisting of Tom McKenzie, 4 on the Rookie List. Obviously Zurhaar has to upgraded, making it 36 and 3. Surely that gives us 4 picks in the National draft or if we sign Walker as a DFA, 3 picks in that draft. That is 26, 27 and 47 and only 50 would be wasted unless we are able to do some pick swaps to convert 47 and 50 into something a little higher.

However wasting 50 is surely not such a problem if we think that having a reasonable DFA instead of pick 50, better suits our list requirements. Effectively pick 50 becomes a DFA selection. Or am I completely barking up the wrong tree?
Have you counted Bonar in that?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Groin guru

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bring in Walker, try McKay as a part time ruck in the vfl. Xerri perma forward.
Using Larkey/Durdin/Daw/McKay as a ruck chop out is better than playing 2 rucks imo. Gives us added flexibility with matchups etc. especially if all four are playing.

It'd also allow us to play Campbell instead of Goldstein which is a bonus.

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
Apr 24, 2013
inside your head
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
Using Larkey/Durdin/Daw/McKay as a ruck chop out is better than playing 2 rucks imo. Gives us added flexibility with matchups etc. especially if all four are playing.
It's not even a luxury, it's a requirement. At least until we get our outside run issues sorted.

It'd also allow us to play Campbell instead of Goldstein which is a bonus.
:D

JeanLucGoddard

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You, Mr north man and Mr Taswegian should all together and reacharound it out.

I mean, I like a bit of objectivity but you 3 have me wanting to take the nuggets out of the oven and go all Sylvia Plath after most of your posts.
I almost got bashed by a lesbian at a house party after cracking a joke about Sylvia Plath's death being a simple housework accident.

Top Bottom