Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Does that mean we would have no rookie selections?
And yeah means we have no rookie spots
As our 4 rookies will be Campbell, Hosie, Murphy and Hayden

Plus 4 National draft picks to take our senior list to 40

Makes getting Josh Walker hard unless we take him and forgo pick 47

(Log in to remove this ad.)

trooroo4life

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
If we finish in the same position next year that 2nd rd pick would be 25-26, so why have we moved that and 2 other picks for pick 30?.... i have to be missing something surely, doesn’t sound right.

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If we finish in the same position next year that 2nd rd pick would be 25-26, so why have we moved that and 2 other picks for pick 30?.... i have to be missing something surely, doesn’t sound right.
rate this draft stronger i guess, same reason we got overs for our pick 8, next years draft is viewed as weaker with all the players attached to academies

the trade is a very nothing trade and essentially we gave up next years second rounder for this years second rounder. instead of 26,27,47,50 we now have 26,27,30 and 47, so our last pick upgraded 20 spots at the cost of next years second rounder

tiltraise

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Next years pool contains many players that are tied to clubs via fs/acad thus our 2nd rounder will get pushed back perhaps as much as 10 spots.

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would still like to see us package 2 of our picks for 1 higher pick (which we can now do on the night) and then go 39 senior list with 5 rookies and take a rookie with rookie pick 7

Like pick 27 and 30 for Richmond’s pick 19 (on points we would be paying slight overs so maybe a future third our way)

Go 19,26 and 47 plus rookie pick 7
Vs what we have now 26,27,30, 47

Or maybe easier 27 and 47 for pick 19
Giving us 19,26,30 plus rookie pick 7

Last edited:

Tas

Premium Gold
Dec 23, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
There can be only one...
Perhaps the club feels the available talent around 30 this year is good enough to have a crack, unless we finish really low next year then it shouldn't cost us too much in terms of points difference.

I don't think you can say the club feels the talent is shit next year when we traded out pick 8 for a speculative first round pick given the talent in the top 10 is decent this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gorman2Geister

Daniltchenko, you beauty!
Aug 16, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Carlisle Utd, Heart of Midlothian
Would it be possible for the legendary giantroo or one of the other well connected tweeters to clarify the Tom Campbell and number of list spots/potential draft picks situation with Heath or Rob et al.?
Finnegan's response about not ever using Pick 50 at the draft makes no sense if we have 4 primary spots available and by essentially upgrading 50 (+73) to 30 now we aren't going to use 47 as in both instances we have 3 picks prior to them. It's very confusing and is no doubt keeping tiltraise up at night leading to the various midnight pick swap musings.

:think::think::think:

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
Apr 24, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
Would still like to see us package 2 of our picks for 1 higher pick (which we can now do on the night) and then go 39 senior list with 5 rookies and take a rookie with rookie pick 7

Like pick 27 and 30 for Richmond’s pick 19 (on points we would be paying slight overs so maybe a future third our way)

Go 19,26 and 47 plus rookie pick 7
Vs what we have now 26,27,30, 47

Or maybe easier 27 and 47 for pick 19
Giving us 19,26,30 plus rookie pick 7

...........and he's off!

The acurate one

Club Legend
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So we've moved on picks for not much gain I hear some say.

we're a bit hamstrung this season with player spots on our list. We'll use three picks I'd suggest, plus anyone heard that EVW has had a serious set back? So that could mean a further spot if he's on the LTI list.

We've basically moved 47/50 for nothing. Or we could have kept 47 and used that, but if we feel 30 is going to get us someone worth the effort, I'll back us in.

Devington

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You only have so many list spots in the first place. Additionally our draft positions over a 2 year period are still solid.

Worst case scenario, we do no more trades, and we have 3 top 30 picks this year and 2 round 1 picks next year. That's still a lot of quality dice rolls.
Best case scenario we keep on trading, especially live trading, and manage to enhance our position in the drafts thanks to a glut of decently placed (and point allocated) picks.

GS WARRIORS

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Golden State, SF 49ers
Yep SSP list selections are considered rookies.

Previously-listed footballers who spent a season or more out of the game no longer have to go through a nerve-racking draft experience to find an AFL home again as a Category A rookie.

They can instead sign with a club in the pre-season supplemental selection period (SSP) between December 1 and March 15, after all the drafts are over.

Campbell wasn't out of the AFL for a year but was a SSP. Not sure if there is a differance or that makes Campbell a rookie or not.

Top Bottom