List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

Big update on Brad Hill negotiations. Fremantle doesn't just want the Saints' pick six from this year - they want their 2020 first-round selection as well. Story on @aflcomau soon
Saints won't get all their deals done.

Saints are clocking up a hell of a bill this trade season. Not like they have the young talent coming through to support the mixed bag of players they're bringing in either. They should be banking picks like us, not spending multiple firsts for a winger.
They have a mid-range to good players, without too many elite players. A lot relies on Billings/Marshall.

Saints won't get all their deals done.
I thought it would be that because they were going to focus down on hill that other deals would fall by the wayside.

But honestly if thats the only deal freo will accept then they should tell them to * off and focus down on the others.

Thndr

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2015
Mick Martin school of bad looks.
AFL Club
North Melbourne

giphy (7).gif

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
That seems excessive

It is but this is the club that got pick 2 and a later pick for Lachie Weller.

Saints have bitten off more than they can chew and as I said yesterday, three clubs know now they've committed to four players, nobody will be bending.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Big possibility regarding Howard. I must have been watching a different Durdin to others on here last season. Very promising i thought.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Definitely not alone there. I liked what i saw against GWS 2 years ago. Besides the WC this year i thought Durdin looked very good. Can't rate those under siege games though. If it were up to a few in here Tarrant would have been delisted when Dixon kicked a bag on him.

Durdin will make it.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Saints trying to go down the GCS route. Bring in the comps b graders and hope for the best.

They're trying to do the moneyball approach. Problem is they didn't get the proper play book, they accidently got the chinese ebay version that says it's shipping from sydney but you know full well it's coming from overseas.

jclei

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2010
Forward 50
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Feels like clubs are making more of a stand against their in contract players requesting trades this year. I think Freo are doing the right thing and I would hope our club would do the same. Hill has 2 years left to run on his contract yet the Saints have offered him 900k a year to move clubs. You cant do that and expect to pay for them cheaply. Hill is arguably the best winger in the game at the moment.

Essendon doing the same with Daniher and Fantastia. Port looking to do the same with Howard, Sydney with Papley.

Since FA, players in contract think they are all of a sudden all FA's as well. I hope the clubs stand tough on this

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Are the delisted ie Murray part of this trade period or does that happen later on... assuming later on as be more delistings once teams have traded and drafted?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Feels like clubs are making more of a stand against their in contract players requesting trades this year. I think Freo are doing the right thing and I would hope our club would do the same. Hill has 2 years left to run on his contract yet the Saints have offered him 900k a year to move clubs. You cant do that and expect to pay for them cheaply. Hill is arguably the best winger in the game at the moment.

Essendon doing the same with Daniher and Fantastia. Port looking to do the same with Howard, Sydney with Papley.

Since FA, players in contract think they are all of a sudden all FA's as well. I hope the clubs stand tough on this
I think Tim Kelly has shown the “why would you keep them when they say they don’t want to play for you” argument to be less persuasive than people saying it think it is.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Hard hitting by Sam

Geelong and WC managed to get a deal done pretty quick.

There’s too many self indulgent flogs around who have to be seen to be winning deals rather than getting s**t done.

Then you have St Kilda signing players left right and centre and having seemingly given how they are going to get it done no thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 7, 2011
Wentz Wagon
AFL Club
North Melbourne

It's about time clubs took a stand against contracted players trying to strongarm their way out. In most leagues around the world, offering contracts to other teams' contracted players is called tampering, and you get fined and/or lose draft picks if caught doing it. In AFL it gets lauded and celebrated. Papley, Hill, Daniher, Kelly, Bruce etc all have signed contracts, and then changed their mind and expect to be traded. What's even worse is they expect to be able to demand where they will be traded to. It makes the AFL more of a laughing stock than it otherwise already is, and the sooner a few clubs stand up to this crap the better, for the good of the competition.

jclei

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2010
Forward 50
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think Tim Kelly has shown the “why would you keep them when they say they don’t want to play for you” argument to be less persuasive than people saying it think it is.
Exactly. I find it really hard to believe that these guys absolutely hate it at their current club and could never walk in the door again. It appears perhaps that might be the case at Adelaide but not anywhere else. These guys are all being lured by huge long term offers to change clubs while in contract.

Clubs need to take a stand. Geelong did the right thing last year and it worked out pretty well for them. Hopefully other clubs took notice

Back