List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm intrigued by the GWS and StKilda pick swaps. Could it be good for us? If Melbourne, Adelaide or Sydney nominate Green and GWS match it with the points attached to pick 6, it means that pick 6 gets burnt and we effectively move up one selection in terms of live players. On the other hand, if none of those clubs nominate Green it means that GWS can use pick 6 on another player. If Green then slipped to us and we bid on him, will GWS have enough points to match having used up pick 6? If not, it means we could land Green or it means that GWS may be looking to stockpile some points by the end of the trade period by trading out some talent as insurance to snare Green. Do we consider offering up 27 for Bonar? or another talented kid on their list?

I'm intrigued by the GWS and StKilda pick swaps. Could it be good for us? If Melbourne, Adelaide or Sydney nominate Green and GWS match it with the points attached to pick 6, it means that pick 6 gets burnt and we effectively move up one selection in terms of live players. On the other hand, if none of those clubs nominate Green it means that GWS can use pick 6 on another player. If Green then slipped to us and we bid on him, will GWS have enough points to match having used up pick 6? If not, it means we could land Green or it means that GWS may be looking to stockpile some points by the end of the trade period by trading out some talent as insurance to snare Green. Do we consider offering up 27 for Bonar? or another talented kid on their list?
Have a crack at young Taylor the CHB, his finals series was brilliant for a 20 yr old..

Have a crack at young Taylor the CHB, his finals series was brilliant for a 20 yr old..

You'd think he'd be one they'd want to keep tho. They have plenty of good midfielders they can spare but not so many young, gun KPDs.

Still ... worth a crack.

They have now swapped pick 6 for 12 and 18. Smart trading.

It is hard to say, a lot depends on how the talent in the top 6 of the draft fares vs the back end of the first round. For a club like ours, it is probably more ideal to try and find an elite talent early on than to get multiple players who slide due to obvious deficiencies in some areas. Partly because we haven't been great talent developers and partly because we have an excessive number of later part of the first round talent and not a lot of early part of the first round with a shortage of star power.

I think Saints are also missing star power and haven't been great developers either, I think they are rolling the dice on the path they are going on and am not convinced it will work out for them in the long-term but my care factor about the Saints is near zero.

Why? Papely's not worth 8.

Go through the last 10 drafts. Look at those picked 6-12. Tell me who you would take over Papley. Then work out the percentage.

A quick glance tells me to get someone better than Papley with 8 is at around 25% chance.

Go through the last 10 drafts. Look at those picked 6-12. Tell me who you would take over Papley. Then work out the percentage.

A quick glance tells me to get someone better than Papley with 8 is at around 25% chance.

What if we upgrade 8?

It's all a crapshoot anyway.. if you look at the last 10 drafts and players picked 13-20 theres probably just as many winners and losers as there is in the 6-12 bracket.
The benefit of trading out picks for established players though is you know what you are getting, but taking that route denies the opportunity to score the next Dusty for free, if the footy gods decide thats what your draftee shall be.
It's all a matter of risk/reward and I think as a club we should start to take those risks, lord knows we aren't getting a superstar traded in.

Yes, but there is no credibility given to start with from those without the ability to critically think.
Yoko you’re like our very own Oracle.. respect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we’re getting De Goey and Gresham?..

And a little vineyard in the South of France/ North of Spain. Although at great personal cost (being away from my state of birth , my dickhead mattress, my bank balance, the cows reactions to daylight savings, my aunt Bo, my wife's business plans) and that facial expression she gets. I am willing to trade myself.

Would we want to look at either Cutler or Taylor??? Not seen much of either but appears lack of defensive qualities prevents them making the Bris 22

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Potentially Carlisle too

And talk of that Blake Acres too

Are the delisted ie Murray part of this trade period or does that happen later on... assuming later on as be more delistings once teams have traded and drafted?

Can we burn this account too.
There aren’t any s**t campaigners left to name that we should go after ffs

Hahaha just realized he’s blocked me. Wonder what I said
Tony Sheahan?? Wonder how much money De Goey's manager has given him to say that so he can get some movement or a bigger contract from Collingwood....
De Goeys manager would have given him an 8 ball to get him through a weekend bender just to jump on radio and say that. Nothing surer.

Spoke to one of their recruiting staff and they’re not interested because of some things that have happened in the past.
Ha you triggered my memory!! How did I not piece this together.

The timing of his exit from Victoria and his return to Victoria is so coincidental.
Almost as if would have been a breach for him to stay and now he’s able to return.

It's all a crapshoot anyway.. if you look at the last 10 drafts and players picked 13-20 theres probably just as many winners and losers as there is in the 6-12 bracket.
The benefit of trading out picks for established players though is you know what you are getting, but taking that route denies the opportunity to score the next Dusty for free, if the footy gods decide thats what your draftee shall be.
It's all a matter of risk/reward and I think as a club we should start to take those risks, lord knows we aren't getting a superstar traded in.

Not if you get Papley for 8. Which you go on to say anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back