List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

Remove this Banner Ad

How's his tackling? I was a big fan in his draft year, but obviously size is the big knock on him. Could he be plugged in as a pressure small forward?

His tackling and all round pressure is excellent and, as Hodge said when he first went up there “We (Hawks) played the Lions in Launceston and Ben Keays comes to me prior to the first bounce and starts a fight. He has a bit of see you in the NT about him and I like that!” He also played a big role in their NEAFL premiership winning side throughout the year.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
His tackling and all round pressure is excellent and, as Hodge said when he first went up there “We (Hawks) played the Lions in Launceston and Ben Keays comes to me prior to the first bounce and starts a fight. He has a bit of see you in the NT about him and I like that!” He also played a big role in their NEAFL premiership winning side throughout the year.

That's enough for me to give him a rookie spot.

You can't have too much campaigner.

Mar 25, 2002
37° 70' 12"
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I haven't seen enough of Bonar in recent times to make any conclusions as to where he will play in round 1, or how many senior games he will play next year, but as with every other player on our list, I certainly hope he's going well enough to play every AFL game next year.

100% This! All of this innuendo about how many games he plays, who he pushes out yada yada. Last time I checked we missed finals, again. If any player on our list is free of injury, gets his body right and bangs down the door - and goes past everyone else he is competing against for that position - then he should play! Bonar has had two years of development and physical maturity, has a rare talent set and is fit. Round 1 should be his aim, not some fantasy.

Surely we aren’t paying him that money? I would think he would be on a base wage of $120,000 plus whatever he gets per game.
He was on around $400K at GWS and we got him cheap as a salary cap dump so yes we are paying him around $400K AFAIK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we aren’t paying him that money? I would think he would be on a base wage of $120,000 plus whatever he gets per game.
GWS have a set policy of extending their 1st-rounders on good money. Part of their player retention stuff. Sometimes it doesn't work out and they have to move a player on and give the money to someone else. So he will have made the standard 2nd-year wage this year and have a contract on good money for the next 2, which is what GWS wanted to get out from under. The $400k is a guess since salaries aren't public, but it's probably a good one. Cap space is an asset and we're using some of ours to take a punt.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
He’s a goer. Lacks the polish of some of Brissie’s more recent acquisitions but runs all day and can do a job. Doubt we’ll pick him up but (as he’s one of my close mate’s son) I do hope he gets another crack at it. GC could do worse than grabbing him.
I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times... no need for this detail TT, it's assumed.

Been hearing snippets on the wireless today linking us with Kaiden Brand ( piss & poo fc)

Now I know he has the perfect physical dimensions required for our backline right now, but should we be considering a bloke who couldn’t get a game in an already crap backline?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Been hearing snippets on the wireless today linking us with Kaiden Brand ( piss & poo fc)

Now I know he has the perfect physical dimensions required for our backline right now, but should we be considering a bloke who couldn’t get a game in an already crap backline?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Always gets bags kicked on him, even when he played in the two’s. Hard pass.

I sat next to him at the 94 Qualfying final v Hawthorn at Waverley, chatted to him throughout the whole game and had no idea who he was, until the end of the game when my Mum told me who he was as we tried remembering where the car was.

This reminded me of a Barry Davis story my brother told me from very much back in the day. The Arden St days, that is. My brother was having a kick in that little park near the pub with one of our cousins, would have been around '74 so they were both about 9 or so. The old man and my uncle were in Ma Flynns having a quiet beer or six while the boys were passing time trying to teach themselves how to kick on their wrong foot. Along comes Barry Davis carrying his sports bag heading home. He stopped and said g'day boys and then spent about 10 or 15 minutes showing them how to work on their kicking. He said to keep working at it boys then picked up his bag and headed off. They were pretty impressed and a bit awestruck.

Surely we are not contemplating delisted free agents? We currently have 3 spots on the list with 2 second round picks plus 2 third round picks that can be potentially live traded up to a single higher pick from a club who needs to fill a few list spots and/or have blown a few later pick points on an academy/father-son selections.

Hopefully Tom McKenzie gets another contract as others with insights to his ability as a junior are bullish about him and he's been injured most of the year. Plus it sounds like last year's draft was better than this year's one in terms of quality. He doesn't sound like a Max Warren or Will Fordham.

We need more Cam Zurhaars and Nick Larkeys and not resort to dredging up Lance Picioanes and Kasey Greens.

Surely we are not contemplating delisted free agents? We currently have 3 spots on the list with 2 second round picks plus 2 third round picks that can be potentially live traded up to a single higher pick from a club who needs to fill a few list spots and/or have blown a few later pick points on an academy/father-son selections.

Hopefully Tom McKenzie gets another contract as others with insights to his ability as a junior are bullish about him and he's been injured most of the year. Plus it sounds like last year's draft was better than this year's one in terms of quality. He doesn't sound like a Max Warren or Will Fordham.

We need more Cam Zurhaars and Nick Larkeys and not resort to dredging up Lance Picioanes and Kasey Greens.
All good points, but it doesn't hurt to discuss the merit of some unlucky DFA's on the minuscule chance we pick one up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back