List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry. I'm dumb. Where are we at with draft picks? Off the senior list is Thompson, Hrovat, Wright and Watson but Bonar and Zurhaar go on. So does that leave us with just 2 live picks?
1993: 2 live picks
1997: 2 live picks
2003: 2 live picks
2010: 2 live picks
2018: 2 live picks

1925: Don Watson
2003: Ash Watson
2016: Dec Watson
2019: *** Watson ???

So we take Walker as a DFA and that's the extra spot. And we go to the draft with #26 and #27 but pass on #47 and #50 even though we traded in #50 from Melbourne?

I honestly really don't get a lot of the draft stuff at the end of the year so don't hold this against me. I swear, I'm asking honest questions. But assuming I'm on track here, then getting Walker as a DFA looks really irresponsible. Nothing against Walker - I reckon he would be handy depth as a rookie pick. But missing the finals 3 years on the trot, finishing 13th and investing only two picks in any national draft doesn't add up.

View attachment 773980

All reasonable thoughts but nothing to worry about.

- I’m assuming they are looking to trade up in the draft for sure -package up whichever picks to get higher in the draft. Another club may need pics for academy or father sons or just extra picks in that range.
- teams usually go ‘best available’ if Walker is better than their options at 50 - bingo
- If the 50 got the other trade done - deal , they are always looking steps ahead

Walker may not happen and it could be Murray!

It’s all just about filling needs and best available option within the rules - of which they are getting more complicated!

I'm really surprised we don't delist Ben Jacobs and move him to the rookie list.
I'd be surprised if he wouldn't accept that considering his situation. Without knowing anything I doubt he plays again.

People are being a bit narrow minded with B-Mac.

He missed opportunities due to Thommo & Tazz doing so well, then Majak got in and finally got going, then when Maj got injured he got his shot this year under an absolutely idiotic game plan that made the entire backline look bad, before succumbing to pneumonia resulting in a long layoff. Then when he got back, Durdin had grabbed the spot.

As for whether he "want to be an afl FOOTBALLER", the bloke has done non club related off season training every year mate. There's nothing wrong with his application or his ability. He just needs to sharpen up his smarts (experience) and get a chance for a game in the seniors.

From 4/9/2018:

View attachment 773843

From 28/11/2018:

View attachment 773844

From 12/2/2019:

View attachment 773845

From 15/3/2019:

View attachment 773846

Heaps of fun

Put something on the table.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, but I will say and no doubt you're the same. I hope Ben can turn it around. Ben needs to listen to his coaches.

On Majak , the hammy wasn't serious , they figured he'd done more than expected and deserved a rest.

Will add though he is nervous about whether he can get back to where he was. Understandable of course.

I saw him and Rhyce going off together for what I assume was lunch last week when I was down at the ARDEN PRECINCT for a swim.

Had a chat with a Lions mate. Josh not the worlds greatest trainer apparently.

When I was looking at the Lions board re him there were a couple of times he was on video and I thought he looked "fat" in his footy jumper. Nor=t by normal person standards but by AFL defender standards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry. I'm dumb. Where are we at with draft picks? Off the senior list is Thompson, Hrovat, Wright and Watson but Bonar and Zurhaar go on. So does that leave us with just 2 live picks?
We ran with 39/5 instead of 40/4 last year so we have 3 spots + Zurhaar and our 4th pick is 50 so well placed for live trading.

Surely we won’t list Walker till after the draft so we can see what magic we can conjure with our picks in regards to who we pick up, or how we shuffle them around, all of our picks have currency in the form of points value. After the draft we reassess, either rookie Walker if we are in fact interested, or we try before we buy all pre season and list him late given we have a list spot available or heaven forbid receive a long term injury before Xmas.

So Fagan couldn't get him going but Shaw can?
I think most players would (should) put more effort in after being delisted. Shaw would make it very clear what was expected and if he doesn't buy in he will be on the scrap heap after 1 year on the rookie list.
Will be interesting which way we will go with only 3 senior spots, 1 rookie and some cat b rookies to fill.
Shaw and Rawlings will have some hard decisions to make in September 2020!

Need a hug, big guy?

Sure, if you fancy a punctured lung.

Just pointing out what an actual contribution looks like. There's others around here, study them.

You never know, if you actually start making a few of them yourself, then one day you might end up with the credibility required to be a critic.

I think most players would (should) put more effort in after being delisted. Shaw would make it very clear what was expected and if he doesn't buy in he will be on the scrap heap after 1 year on the rookie list.
Will be interesting which way we will go with only 3 senior spots, 1 rookie and some cat b rookies to fill.
Shaw and Rawlings will have some hard decisions to make in September 2020!
This will be the bloke's third club.

Sure, if you fancy a punctured lung.

Just pointing out what an actual contribution looks like. There's others around here, study them.

You never know, if you actually start making a few of them yourself, then one day you might end up with the credibility required to be a critic.
You sound very deeply lonely.

This will be the bloke's third club.

You, Mr north man and Mr Taswegian should all together and reacharound it out.

I mean, I like a bit of objectivity but you 3 have me wanting to take the nuggets out of the oven and go all Sylvia Plath after most of your posts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back