List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not so fun fact: I was once in a band that opened for Rolf Harris for a few shows. And yes, we were a youth band.....

The boy from bassendean tried to do the boy in bassendean

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
...something, something 'two little boys'.

Speaking of Rolf, anyone else aware of the original deleted verse from Tie me kangaroo down, sport?

Let me Abos go loose, Lou
Let me Abos go loose
They're of no further use, Lou
So let me Abos go loose.

Not pedophilia but it was probably a canary in the coalmine as to his character.

Jul 27, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Speaking of Rolf, anyone else aware of the original deleted verse from Tie me kangaroo down, sport?

Let me Abos go loose
So let me Abos go loose.

Not pedophilia but it was probably a canary in the coalmine as to his character.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
So... did he try to show you his "extra leg"?
No. In all seriousness, when the allegations became known, there were plenty of emails and calls amongst those of us who played those shows to see if anything happened. Thankfully it appears there wasn't anything.

big_e

Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
My wife grew up diagonally across from his parents and her neighbours knew him quite well. The neighbour's dad and Rolf were childhood friends. They still believe he is innocent. Just baffling, really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No. In all seriousness, when the allegations became known, there were plenty of emails and calls amongst those of us who played those shows to see if anything happened. Thankfully it appears there wasn't anything.
And for the record, I would not consider my own comment to be funny, even though I intended it to be somewhat lighthearted. I guess that many people would have expressed a great degree of concern for anybody they knew who had even a passing relationship, and rightly so...

big_e

Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
And for the record, I would not consider my own comment to be funny, even though I intended it to be somewhat lighthearted. I guess that many people would have expressed a great degree of concern for anybody they knew who had even a passing relationship, and rightly so...
No worries. It's kinda weird thinking about it, obviously back then (early 90s) no-one had any idea, and frankly I don't think I even knew people did such things.

Anyway, just another vignette from the life and times of The Big E....

No worries. It's kinda weird thinking about it, obviously back then (early 90s) no-one had any idea, and frankly I don't think I even knew people did such things.

Anyway, just another vignette from the life and times of The Big E....

Huh? Are you talking to me?

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Let me Abos go loose
So let me Abos go loose.

Yep we used to sing that at school. Probably went to air a few times on his TV show as well.

Times have changed.

Mar 25, 2002
37° 70' 12"
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I will preface this by saying I have no idea how clubs work out how many to have on the Senior list and how many on the Rookie list, but by my reckoning we have 35 on the Senior List and after the delisting of Tom McKenzie, 4 on the Rookie List. Obviously Zurhaar has to upgraded, making it 36 and 3. Surely that gives us 4 picks in the National draft or if we sign Walker as a DFA, 3 picks in that draft. That is 26, 27 and 47 and only 50 would be wasted unless we are able to do some pick swaps to convert 47 and 50 into something a little higher.

However wasting 50 is surely not such a problem if we think that having a reasonable DFA instead of pick 50, better suits our list requirements. Effectively pick 50 becomes a DFA selection. Or am I completely barking up the wrong tree?

Apologies for interrupting this conversation with inane trade talk but IF we don't intend on using 50 this year, why wouldn't we swap it for a similar pic next year rather than lose it altogether?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back