List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

...something, something 'two little boys'.

Speaking of Rolf, anyone else aware of the original deleted verse from Tie me kangaroo down, sport?

Let me Abos go loose, Lou
Let me Abos go loose
They're of no further use, Lou
So let me Abos go loose.

Not pedophilia but it was probably a canary in the coalmine as to his character.

That song was written in 1957. Blackfellas were considered "flora and fauna^" It says more about the character of Australia at the time than him as an individual.

I read an article by one of Bowie and/or Jimmy Page's 14 year old (at the time) LA groupies once, reminiscing about what a great time she had in the 70s. Its full on. His bodyguard comes round and picks the kid up, maybe from school. the way the article is written it seems the parents don't really have any say in it. If that was my daughter Led Zep would have put out a few less records and Bowie wouldn't have made Ashes to Ashes. There are plenty of guns in LA.

Even Oz - that famous Australian magazine has a positive story about rooting a 14 year old in it. Sleazy campaigners.

^ No they weren't but to quote Marcia Langton:

"I thought at the time, and so did many others, that he meant this in a metaphorical way. I had no idea that this would grow into the urban myth that it is today."

However, she added: "We were not classified under the 'flora and fauna act' but we were treated as animals."

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
For discarded dwarves?

Gnomes too.

They've even approached the ABC to check on this bloke's contract status:

05aae47597614f8eb2138efb32052ff0_content_medium.png

Aug 24, 2006
THE BIG V
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Roo4Life Member
Hartley from the scum has just left. Worth a look? AFL site says he has "attracted interest elsewhere, set to join third club".

A better option than some of the other defenders on the market.
198cm and 102 kg
much better option than Walker.
would take him in a heart beat.
didnt get a look in at the bombers coz there were players in the team that he couldnt displace - hurley etc
we have a spot for him at North straight away

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
198cm and 102 kg
didnt get a look in at the bombers coz there were players in the team that he couldnt displace - hurley etc
we have a spot for him at North VFL straight away

Efa & agree

Aug 24, 2006
THE BIG V
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Roo4Life Member

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
198cm and 102 kg
we have a spot for him at North straight away
Article on SEN says that he rejected a contract, looking for more opportunities. You'd assume he has an agreement to be picked up elsewhere.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
I loathe and love BF, it’s quite the bind...
“I sense great vulnerability. A man-child crying out for love. An innocent orphan in the post-modern world.”

“I see a parasite. A sexually depraved miscreant who is seeking only to gratify his basest and most immediate urges.”

“His struggle is man's struggle. He lifts my spirit.”

“He is a loathsome, offensive brute. Yet I can’t look away.”

“He transcends time and space.”

“He sickens me.”

“I love it.”

“Me too.”

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
“I sense great vulnerability. A man-child crying out for love. An innocent orphan in the post-modern world.”

“I see a parasite. A sexually depraved miscreant who is seeking only to gratify his basest and most immediate urges.”

“His struggle is man's struggle. He lifts my spirit.”

“He is a loathsome, offensive brute. Yet I can’t look away.”

“He transcends time and space.”

“He sickens me.”

“I love it.”

“Me too.”

More or less

osaka mick

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2006
Gold Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton, 76s, Canucks
Has Hawthorn ever developed a decent KPD of their own in the last 15 years, besides Sicily?
Sicily is the most overrated player in the league by FAR. How he is even in AA consideration is a joke every year. When you have Bruce and Co calling for him every week is a joke.

Sicily is the most overrated player in the league by FAR. How he is even in AA consideration is a joke every year. When you have Bruce and Co calling for him every week is a joke.
Not the most overrated, but he always seems to be fairly weak one on one against the better large forwards. Plays the Daw/Hansen role well.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not the most overrated, but he always seems to be fairly weak one on one against the better large forwards. Plays the Daw/Hansen role well.

Well he’s being touted as the second coming of Bruce Doull so yeh overrated as *

Back