List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

Remove this Banner Ad

So we've moved on picks for not much gain I hear some say.

we're a bit hamstrung this season with player spots on our list. We'll use three picks I'd suggest, plus anyone heard that EVW has had a serious set back? So that could mean a further spot if he's on the LTI list.

We've basically moved 47/50 for nothing. Or we could have kept 47 and used that, but if we feel 30 is going to get us someone worth the effort, I'll back us in.

You only have so many list spots in the first place. Additionally our draft positions over a 2 year period are still solid.

Worst case scenario, we do no more trades, and we have 3 top 30 picks this year and 2 round 1 picks next year. That's still a lot of quality dice rolls.
Best case scenario we keep on trading, especially live trading, and manage to enhance our position in the drafts thanks to a glut of decently placed (and point allocated) picks.

Yep SSP list selections are considered rookies.

Previously-listed footballers who spent a season or more out of the game no longer have to go through a nerve-racking draft experience to find an AFL home again as a Category A rookie.

They can instead sign with a club in the pre-season supplemental selection period (SSP) between December 1 and March 15, after all the drafts are over.

Campbell wasn't out of the AFL for a year but was a SSP. Not sure if there is a differance or that makes Campbell a rookie or not.

we're a bit hamstrung this season with player spots on our list. We'll use three picks I'd suggest, plus anyone heard that EVW has had a serious set back? So that could mean a further spot if he's on the LTI list.

We've basically moved 47/50 for nothing. Or we could have kept 47 and used that, but if we feel 30 is going to get us someone worth the effort, I'll back us in.
You only have so many list spots in the first place. Additionally our draft positions over a 2 year period are still solid.

Worst case scenario, we do no more trades, and we have 3 top 30 picks this year and 2 round 1 picks next year. That's still a lot of quality dice rolls.
Best case scenario we keep on trading, especially live trading, and manage to enhance our position in the drafts thanks to a glut of decently placed (and point allocated) picks.
For us it was a neutral shuffling of picks trade between years essentially next years second rounder for this years but for hawks they gained big cos they match a Finn bid with later picks and now have a future second rounder on top of that

If that is the case then maybe getting Josh Walker might be worth a thought...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m pretty sure people are aware of this
I think the plan is to do a deal now before the draft to move up

Would be handy having a list manager right now to assist with this :think:
Still expect us to find a way to get our 4 picks inside 47 into 3 overall better picks

Without a list manager? Come on.

FFS!

I'd like to know how many kids have debuted over the last decade and played ~50 games without serious injury setbacks.

Another set back?

FFS!

I'd like to know how many kids have debuted over the last decade and played ~50 games without serious injury setbacks.

Yeah agree, we've had a s**t run on that front. EVW has to be the unluckiest footballer we've had in a while though. I believe he requires surgery. No further details at this stage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back