Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If his surname wasn’t Crocker would he be on the main list or on the Rookie list as work in progress?

Yes.

His output this year has been good considering the guy just game off a massive surgery that sidelined him for the better part of a year and missed out on junior footy.

No, he wouldn't be delisted one year after we ******* drafted him, what are you, nuts?

Seriously!

Team Captain
Jul 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes.

His output this year has been good considering the guy just game off a massive surgery that sidelined him for the better part of a year and missed out on junior footy.

No, he wouldn't be delisted one year after we ******* drafted him, what are you, nuts?
Read the post.
I didn’t say we should delist him.
If he wasn’t a Crocker would he be using up a spot on the main list or be a Rookie.

Seriously!

Team Captain
Jul 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Isn't it obvious?

The list is barebones as s**t, and we were riddled with injury before the season even began.
Luckily in the last 2 years Rookies have been allowed to play without being elevated, otherwise The Bull would have spent the year killing VFL players whilst Crocker takes up a spot on the list.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Didn’t think you could, but doesn’t that make the selection even more questionable.?

No...In under 16’s he was projected to be a top 20 draft pick for his year. The only reason why he slid so far was because of his injuries.

His talent alone well and truly justified his selection.

Last edited:

Seriously!

Team Captain
Jul 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No, in under 16’s he was projected to be a top 20 draft pick for his year. The only reason why he slid so far was because of his injuries.

His talent alone well and truly justified his selection.
Agreed in under 16s.
The scouts didn’t rate him in the 2018 draft.
We picked him at #69, we could easily have taken him as a Rookie.

deano28

Club Legend
May 21, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
melbourne victory , aussie cricket
Nope, a respected player.
Doesn’t necessarily mean that the respected players opinion is correct . At the end of the day no draft pick is guaranteed success , it’s all open to interpretation and opinion of when & where they should or shouldn’t be selected .

The fact is that Crocker had not played in the last 2 years before being drafted but according to a couple of people that I speak to that are involved in the AFL junior pathways they believed that had he been able to play in that time and go to work on his strengths & weaknesses going on his under 16 performances at the championships he was projecting as a top 20 pick ( maybe their opinion is incorrect ) . Unfortunately that didn’t happen , maybe he gets drafted due to his name or maybe recruiters saw where his potential could take him and took a chance that they might find a diamond in the rough .

Just personal opinion here but he looks pretty decent from the VFL games that I’ve seen , yes there’s work to be done but why wouldn’t there be after no footy in 2 years .

Last edited:
I was starting to think that Seriously! was bringing some good stuff to the table in recent times, but this Crocker tirade is just bizarre. You're wrong on this one mate, absolutely 100% wrong.

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My biggest fear with Crocker is that he gets stuck in no man's land with zero weapon in his game and gets stuck in Jmac territory.

Seriously!

Team Captain
Jul 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was starting to think that Seriously! was bringing some good stuff to the table in recent times, but this Crocker tirade is just bizarre. You're wrong on this one mate, absolutely 100% wrong.
Great contribution mate, we’ll done.
Now back in your box.

Seriously!

Team Captain
Jul 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Doesn’t necessarily mean that the respected players opinion is correct . At the end of the day no draft pick is guaranteed success , it’s all open to interpretation and opinion of when & where they should or shouldn’t be selected .

The fact is that Crocker had not played in the last 2 years before being drafted but according to a couple of people that I speak to that are involved in the AFL junior pathways they believed that had he been able to play in that time and go to work on his strengths & weaknesses going on his under 16 performances at the championships he was projecting as a top 20 pick ( maybe their opinion is incorrect ) . Unfortunately that didn’t happen , maybe he gets drafted due to his name or maybe recruiters saw where his potential could take him and took a chance that they might find a diamond in the rough .

Just personal opinion here but he looks pretty decent from the VFL games that I’ve seen , yes there’s work to be done but why wouldn’t there be after no footy in 2 years .
I seriously hope he makes it, no reason not to.
Let’s just not put on a pedestal yet that he can fall off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back