List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We shouldn’t be looking anywhere bar key position this off season trade wise and probably draft wise unless we finish bottom two.

Langdon to North was pretty much a done deal a couple of years ago, until he saw our offer, which was less than the money he was earning at Freo

So if he returns to melb, we’re probably last in the queue this time

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We shouldn’t be looking anywhere bar key position this off season trade wise and probably draft wise unless we finish bottom two.
Yep and free agents if possible
Should be trying to keep picks unless it’s a young elite player we are chasing

Astbury, Tomlinson, Elliot are the 3 free agents we should be gunning for along with coniglio of course but he would be near impossible to get without handing out a godfather offer

Add talent keep our picks

Last edited:
Long way down the pecking order... has only played a couple of games this year and has failed to fire a shot.

He'd want to start making an impact quick.
We aren't delisting the bloke before the end of this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After Mountford, Hibberd, Wagner and Williams were all delisted after showing some good form at AFL level, I think the standard for being on our list is now slightly above having a decent showing in an intra-club match.

When did Hibberd ever show good AFL level form? Or Wagner really, albeit he was played out of position imo.

Was never sold on Hibberd or Wagner but boy am I still salty on Mountford.

Yeah, especially since he walked straight into the side at .... ummm, remind me where he is now?

Yeah, especially since he walked straight into the side at .... ummm, remind me where he is now?

He's doing well in WA, he'll get another go.

There's also the opportunity cost, if you badly manage a player with potential, you can absolutely cook them for good.

I'm not saying he is a world beater, but geez having a 'box to box' running mid would have been massive sans Jacobs and Anderson.

He's doing well in WA, he'll get another go.

There's also the opportunity cost, if you badly manage a player with potential, you can absolutely cook them for good.

I'm not saying he is a world beater, but geez having a 'box to box' running mid would have been massive sans Jacobs and Anderson.

If we'd known Jacobs would disappear into the netherworld, sure, keeping him would have been wise, but we didn't.

When did Hibberd ever show good AFL level form? Or Wagner really, albeit he was played out of position imo.

The last game Hibberd played for us wasn't too bad. If a second round pick had a 22 possession game at half back with 86% efficiency and 7 marks at 20 years old for Carlton, they would have received a three year extension on the spot.

Wagner tried his guts out, but I guess never put it together for a full game. I agree that he definitely wasn't a forward, but I'm not sure what his position actually was though. He was obviously a mid as a junior and I think he also shut down Ballantyne down back one game from memory, which I guess could count as his good AFL level form.

Hibberd's best is decent VFL level. Thats it. Too slow for AFL level and poorly skilled beyond 20 meters. He was never a Bont clone. Mountford's probably a 18-22 type at his very best, but for a middling team. Wouldn't get a game at a competitive club.

Both Hibberd and Mountford could’ve been quite handy depth players. But the one I most wanted to see more of was Josh Williams. Was a tall kid and still hadn’t filled out into his body. Didn’t find enough of the footy, but that gradually improved throughout 2018 IIRC. Would’ve liked to see him get another year.

Anyone know where he is this year?

Also wanted to see him succeed because he was the Wells compensation pick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back