King_Tredrea

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2007
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dubs, Bills, Chelsea FC
All the Dougal noise atm is odd (and there’s a bit of it about) including that the Crows are after him. In terms of North it would cost your pick 7 at a minimum I would think. Really not sure how a deal would get done.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
All the Dougal noise atm is odd (and there’s a bit of it about) including that the Crows are after him. In terms of North it would cost your pick 7 at a minimum I would think. Really not sure how a deal would get done.

Yeah, it came out a week or so ago, pretty much out of nowhere mate. Not sure why he’d want to go to Adelaide - I get he’s a Wagga boy but a Vic move makes more sense then crossing town as that makes it look like the motive is to just leave Port. As far as his value, I’m not sure we’ll be able to negotiate it here. Last year we had many Port supporters vigilant Polec was going to cost two first rounders.

King_Tredrea

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2007
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dubs, Bills, Chelsea FC
Yeah, it came out a week or so ago, pretty much out of nowhere mate. Not sure why he’d want to go to Adelaide - I get he’s a Wagga boy but a Vic move makes more sense then crossing town as that makes it look like the motive is to just leave Port. As far as his value, I’m not sure we’ll be able to negotiate it here. Last year we had many Port supporters vigilant Polec was going to cost two first rounders.

It’s a tough one. I just don’t see how we could let him go for anything less than a top 10 pick, and even then it would be reluctantly letting him go cause he REALLY wants out. 23, contracted for 3 more years, and just about our only legitimately versatile and athletic KPP.

I don’t mind Frosty, he is getting the best out his footy despite considerable deficiencies in his game. Love his closing speed but he is an absolute liability with ball in hand.

Would much rather we went after Keath or Howard or continue to pump games into Durdin/McKay. All three of those scenarios work out better than targeting Frost imo

Imagen right we got Frosty to handball to Paul Ahern coming out of halfback.

When you pay a bloke a million bucks a year, that's what it costs.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I always knew Mick Nolan was a man ahead of his time! We've been putting up with this fit ruckman nonsense for too long. Conditioning gurus have killed the game.
Yeah, but North's no smoking policy really put a full stop on the careers of blokes like Mick, and Blighty.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
A good yardstick is an opposing teams board when a player is raised.

Most of the Melbourne board are dead against trading Frost with most wanting what we'd consider fairly ridiculous value.

8th in the league in intercepts in 2019 is a decent stat.

Most of the Melbourne board are dead against trading Frost with most wanting what we'd consider fairly ridiculous value.

I would have Frost in a heartbeat. Especially when he'd come into a system that is going to be built around defence with cool and experienced heads like Taz, Marley and Pittard around him.

Quintero

All Australian
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
River Plate

He did have plenty of opportunities given how much ball was coming down.

Pick 58 would be about right. He is a tall Atley.

I would have Frost in a heartbeat. Especially when he'd come into a system that is going to be built around defence with cool and experienced heads like Taz, Marley and Pittard around him.
Yeah cool as a cucumber.

The headless chooks brigade.

Quintero

All Australian
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
River Plate
How long is Larkey contracted for? If it’s another 3 years, and Larkey decided he wanted out of Arden St, what would you think was decent compensation for letting him walk?

10+ year CHF versus a tweener who you dropped?

I would say he is worth similar to Mason Wood, ie: a pick in the 20s.

Quintero

All Australian
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
River Plate
Get keen to roll into round 1 with Frost, Williams, Pittard, Daw and McDonald moving the ball out of defence. Precision footskills and elite decision making right there!

Surely this is a piss take.

There isn't one decent decision maker amongst that lot and none of them have elite footskills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back