List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So hang on

We created a fake trade rumour and posted it on a fake Twitter account

And within a page of it being posted we all started believing the fake trade rumour that we created?

This is by far the funniest thing I've seen in one of these threads

So hang on

We created a fake trade rumour and posted it on a fake Twitter account

And within a page of it being posted we all started believing the fake trade rumour that we created?

This is by far the funniest thing I've seen in one of these threads

Yeah, this thread has become trade rumour Inception.

Give someone like murray another chance, how well did marley do is how well murray will do. Also Murray hasn't done anything nearly as bad, he didn't go to jail for violent attack and he can play a very important half back role. We need to evolve the defenders from merely stoppers to counter attackers and applier of pressure on top of the 1-v-1 skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would not be surprised if we do very little in trades this year. Wood to go and that will be about it.

I think Shaw will be happy to work with what we have, anyone traded in will be a player that has to fight to be best 22.

With a fairly even (weak?) draft there doesn't seem to be any real incentive to pay overs for upgrading picks.

With his habit of playing the younger players, I think next year will be a learning the 'Shaw Way'. With 2021 being the dawn of the new era. Although making finals next year should be the goal, I think it might take more time than we want.

Surely there’s a chance he stays seeing as he’s contracted
Honestly still see him best 22 as the third tall

For sure there is a chance as he's contracted and while not everyone agrees that puts us in the box seat. His management have been informed Mas is on the trade table and will clear him IF we get a good offer.

I am assuming we'll get an offer that we feel is fair.

Would not be surprised if we do very little in trades this year. Wood to go and that will be about it.

I think Shaw will be happy to work with what we have, anyone traded in will be a player that has to fight to be best 22.

With a fairly even (weak?) draft there doesn't seem to be any real incentive to pay overs for upgrading picks.

With his habit of playing the younger players, I think next year will be a learning the 'Shaw Way'. With 2021 being the dawn of the new era. Although making finals next year should be the goal, I think it might take more time than we want.

What further evidence does he need?

Re-watch the Geelong in Geelong game.

We need a cleanout, not a retool.

Just another wasted year going nowhere.

If these blokes are still on the list at the end of Trade period, we are not serious about improving: Atley, Turner, MacMillan, Dumont and Tyson.

Trading Wood and keeping these list cloggers is imbecilic. I'd even add Ziebell to that list.

Make a stand Shaw, create your own team.

If these blokes are still on the list at the end of Trade period, we are not serious about improving: Atley, Turner, MacMillan, Dumont and Tyson.

Trading Wood and keeping these list cloggers is imbecilic. I'd even add Ziebell to that list.

I think if we replace a handful we would improve considerably. Certainly a small forward and another midfielder with a bit of dash (Crouch) could change the dynamic of the team, and do wonders to on field performance. We also will get some organic improvement from the glut of good kids we have running around. Jy, LDU, TT, CZ, Souv, Scott, WW (hopefully, looks like a good prospect but could still not make it) make up a pretty good nucleus of players that will be involved in any September action in the future.

I don't think getting rid of 7 or 8 will improve us, it will send us backwards for years hoping their replacements carve out a career - which is speculative at best. Sure I would love the club to be bold, trading our 1st next year for a papley is something I'd like to see, backing the club to improve our ladder position and getting a player who suits our needs perfectly. But moving on bulk players is not a strategy that seems to have worked in too many instances.

I agree with you re Wood. We seem in the minority but I'm unsure why you pick the talented versatile matchwinner with the big tank - who can still get better - as the fall guy. Yeh I get he has currency but there's a reason for that.

I agree with you re Wood. We seem in the minority but I'm unsure why you pick the talented versatile matchwinner with the big tank - who can still get better - as the fall guy. Yeh I get he has currency but there's a reason for that.

100%.

It's almost as if we prefer to lock in a lower 'ceiling' than back in the enigmatic player who scares opposition and whom can get you many different ways.

Personally I'd be keeping Wood and going with this:

2020 R1(5-8) + 25 + 43 for GWS's 13 + 15.

If however, Wood does go to Freo for 24 on top of the above, who do you get with 24? Garcia?Pickett? Or would you then try to do 15 + Wood + 2020 R2 for 5 (Saints/Hill) + 2020 R3

Potentially netting us:
7>Ash/Flanders
13>Jackson
15>Gould
24> Garcia/Pickett?

Or
5> Flanders
7>Ash
13> Gould/Jackson

That I feel would be best possible return.

Pykie thoughts mate?

100%.

It's almost as if we prefer to lock in a lower 'ceiling' than back in the enigmatic player who scares opposition and whom can get you many different ways.

Personally I'd be keeping Wood and going with this:

2020 R1(5-8) + 25 + 43 for GWS's 13 + 15.

If however, Wood does go to Freo for 24 on top of the above, who do you get with 24? Garcia?Pickett? Or would you then try to do 15 + Wood + 2020 R2 for 5 (Saints/Hill) + 2020 R3

Potentially netting us:
7>Ash/Flanders
13>Jackson
15>Gould
24> Garcia/Pickett?

Or
5> Flanders
7>Ash
13> Gould/Jackson

That I feel would be best possible return.

Pykie thoughts mate?

Crikey.

I agree with everything there.

What am I becoming?

maxresdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back