List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we don't sell our soul if we decide to go down the rebuild route. We've built a great sense of loyalty at our club with many players hanging around for the length of their careers.

If Goldstein gets an offer significantly higher than what we think he's worth and he decides to take it because we won't match it that's another thing. But trading multiple players along the lines of Goldstein, Cunnington, Ziebell, Tarrant, Brown etc. would kill the fabric of our club.
I think both sides of the argument are getting blown out of proportion. Not sure anyone is suggesting we trade out multiple players.

We've lost a few players and treated others poorly. Our culture of loyalty isn't squeaky clean.

Plenty of clubs have lost very good players and continued to be successful. Hawks didn't lose much when Buddy left, like wise Geelong with Ablett and Crows with Danger.

Goldy is a very good player and at the moment we need him but will we need him next year or the year after? Only those inside the club know what the plan is with our rucks. One thing is definite, if a player retires you get nothing for him. Personally I wouldn't be letting Goldy go, but if he does it's not the death of the club.

Have Carlton traded their 2nd round pick as well? Why don't they have 19?

Adelaide traded in Carlton's 2nd rounder via GWS. Carlton traded it for Setterfield.

Top end talent can suck my chop!

I’m happy with our tough SHINBONERS coming through!

Good luck with your top end talent - we are pretty happy with our poor mans version! A leading VFL goal scorer and a couple of rising stars isn’t too shabby!

Curnow(fwd)Larkey
Dow (mid/Fwd) Thomas
O’Brien(mid)Ahern
Fisher(mid)LDU
Marchbank(def)Durdin
PetrevskiSeton(mid)Simpkin
Weitering(def)Murphy
McKay(fwd)McKay
Stocker( mid/def) Bailey
Walsh(mid)Zurhaar

(By the way I don’t know the Carlton list in detail so others may have better matches than I;))

And in case of an injury;
-Kyron
-Walker
- Crocker
- Hosie
- Taylor
- Wilkinson
- Xerri
- Watson

Give the lads a chance!

Adelaide must be pissing themselves laughing. I'm ****ed if I can work out how SOS survives.

Carlton fans with SOS are as deluded as Essendon fans were/are with Hird.

Every move Silvagni makes is 'another masterstroke'. Many are waking up now but every move he made was a dagger to their hearts yet they lapped it up.

Top end talent can suck my chop!

I’m happy with our tough SHINBONERS coming through!

Good luck with your top end talent - we are pretty happy with our poor mans version! A leading VFL goal scorer and a couple of rising stars isn’t too shabby!

Curnow(fwd)Larkey
Dow (mid/Fwd) Thomas
O’Brien(mid)Ahern
Fisher(mid)LDU
Marchbank(def)Durdin
PetrevskiSeton(mid)Simpkin
Weitering(def)Murphy
McKay(fwd)McKay
Stocker( mid/def) Bailey
Walsh(mid)Zurhaar

(By the way I don’t know the Carlton list in detail so others may have better matches than I;))

And in case of an injury;
-Kyron
-Walker
- Crocker
- Hosie
- Taylor
- Wilkinson
- Xerri
- Watson

Give the lads a chance!

You've convinced me that we're better than Carlton. Now if you can do the same thing with GWS I'll really be impressed!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've convinced me that we're better than Carlton. Now if you can do the same thing with GWS I'll really be impressed!

GWS has a full - proper list

Carlton basically has its ‘top end gizfest ‘

Exactly the reason we shouldn’t burn the house down for top end talent.

Lists are an ecosystem - treat with care

Use our top ten pick this year and next - a couple of our lesser known come through and job done.

Also - people that don’t value Tyson and Hall on the list keeping heat on out best 22 and teaching our next 22 how to be a pro are missing a trick - invaluable

Adelaide must be pissing themselves laughing. I'm ****ed if I can work out how SOS survives.

View attachment 687552

Putting aside the silver spoon off-field nature of the club, there's some decent crows fans and as a club they haven't had the greatest luck in the last few years. From a real life tragedy to getting rammed harder over the Tippett deal than Melbourne were for tanking to getting pillaged by free agency and expansion clubs.

If it can't be us can live with them being the ones to benefit from Carlton ballsing up.

Should we tempt the Bullies with McKay and 24 to try and snag pick 5?

They’re screaming out for KPP’s

That means we have to develop one all over again. It's typically a 3 year process. Bugger that up and we have no successor to Taz.

I certainly don’t agree with the media chatter about trading some of our top end talent, mostly the conversations with Brown and Cunnington in them, but I did have a laugh today on my lunch break when I read the herald sun. Under the name of Ben Brown the herald sun had a snippet that read “Would the demons give up their first round pick for a gun foward”. Well yes they bloody would, they would jump at the chance at that trade, who wouldn’t! It’s a steal. What I hate though is the herald sun severely under rating Brown and severely under rating his asking price (if he was in fact on the market), what a crock of s**t. Wonder what the asking price would have been had he been a player at another club 🤦🏻‍♂️

Adelaide traded in Carlton's 2nd rounder via GWS. Carlton traded it for Setterfield.
I looked at 19 and had no idea thats how Adelaide gained it.
Moreso I can’t believe it’s Carltons loss.

Reading that it reminds me of my days back in grade 3 when the whole class had finished the test and aced it and the kid who never listened and everyone disliked was too ******* stupid to know what to do. It’s so painful to watch that the entire classes joy in seeing the evident failure is evaporated by the sheer ineptness on show.

Is SoS for real or what?

I certainly don’t agree with the media chatter about trading some of our top end talent, mostly the conversations with Brown and Cunnington in them, but I did have a laugh today on my lunch break when I read the herald sun. Under the name of Ben Brown the herald sun had a snippet that read “Would the demons give up their first round pick for a gun foward”. Well yes they bloody would, they would jump at the chance at that trade, who wouldn’t! It’s a steal. What I hate though is the herald sun severely under rating Brown and severely under rating his asking price (if he was in fact on the market), what a crock of ****. Wonder what the asking price would have been had he been a player at another club 🤦🏻‍♂️
If North put Brown on the trade table, they're looking at a Shiel or Dangerfield sort of price (basically the equivalent of a first + second, with possible steak knives). I'd hope the dogs jump at that if it ever occurred.

Highly doubt that happens in the first place, if the club needs a rebuild, they need to keep guys like Brown who put bums on seats in the interim

If North put Brown on the trade table, they're looking at a Shiel or Dangerfield sort of price (basically the equivalent of a first + second, with possible steak knives). I'd hope the dogs jump at that if it ever occurred.

Highly doubt that happens in the first place, if the club needs a rebuild, they need to keep guys like Brown who put bums on seats in the interim
I’d be asking for naughton and your first born.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back