List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had Zac Williams at half forward and Greene stuck inside 50 when the game was getting away from them.
Completely went away from what worked in the prelim final in terms of changing it up but their gameplan was destined to fail before the opening bounce.
It was just never going to work. You need to attack to win grand finals.
Hope Rhyce saw that. He was basically a GWS official yesterday.

Amazing he didn't have Greene and his campaigneriness on ball all day...

Reckon he played a few with more than a niggle too...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

lol at people pretending they wouldn't jump at the chance to still land Kelly.

I'd jump at the chance to land anyone that would significantly improve us.

I no longer harbour a romantic idea that he holds us in any regard above that of an opposition club. As such he's just another player.

I was very much originally for getting him - the combination of him and Dusty would have been fantastic.

However 2 years have passed on and Dusty has shown us why he is elite - Josh has not. Josh is a good player - not elite.

There are no elite level midfield players gettable by us - I think its a matter of us having to grow our own and to get the best young mids you need early (or some luck) in your selections.

This will play out in 2020 with LDU, Ahern, TT, Bailey and Jy - and note these 5 weren't here when we spoke to Kelly the first time around.
Perfect response

Second this.

Bloke was meant to love us growing up and then spurned MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to stay at that plastic franchise.

There are other targets.

Any romantic element of him playing at North because his old man did is dead. Josh killed it when he said no. He's just another player now.

I am glad we got Jasper

Davis and Whitfield shouldn’t have played.
Bit to fall out of this I reckon
My oath they shouldn't have

Whitfield couldn't kick on his right foot and Davis couldn't get out of a jog

Doesn't change the fact that Cameron couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag

Hope Rhyce saw that. He was basically a GWS official yesterday.

I think he learned alot from the last 2 weeks of games if he was watching closely.

The Pies v GWS game was extremely telling of both sides, and GWS yesterday basically exposed themselves for the world to see.

Doesn't change the fact that Cameron couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag

Has some nous as a tactical coach, deplorable as a gameday coach and can't turn a tide as its occurring often and an even worse coach to be inspired by, dull and dimwitted.

I'll give Hardwick this, he knows what to say to his boys to keep them in it and motivated and what the right message is each week.

Something that we've seen already that Rhyce has, he knows what feels right to say to get his boys motivated.

I think he learned alot from the last 2 weeks of games if he was watching closely.

The Pies v GWS game was extremely telling of both sides, and GWS yesterday basically exposed themselves for the world to see.

Has some nous as a tactical coach, deplorable as a gameday coach and can't turn a tide as its occurring often and an even worse coach to be inspired by, dull and dimwitted.

I'll give Hardwick this, he knows what to say to his boys to keep them in it and motivated and what the right message is each week.

Something that we've seen already that Rhyce has, he knows what feels right to say to get his boys motivated.
Far too often we see these blowout finals be close for the first 20 minutes before the dam wall breaks and it becomes a procession.
And the losing coach just allows it to happen praying that his plan A holds up.
A good coach gets his team back into the game.
Cameron reminds me so much of the Scott brothers in terms of lack of variety.

I have to confess to being a little confused by the turn our beloved thread has taken. It seems to me that now we're arguing that Leon Cameron is a terrible coach and the reason they've got to 2 prelims and a grand final in the last 4 years is entirely down to the star players he's been given to coach, but then we also seem to be saying that none of those players would make our side any better. Just seems a little contradictory to me.
My opinion, for what it's worth, is that half a dozen of their side would be in our top 2 players if they came to us. You'd take Josh Kelly in a heartbeat surely.
Did I even see somebody suggest that Whitfield is a spud?

I love trade period, the opportunity it presents and intrigue mixed with all the silly rumours, peoples ridiculous trade ideas etc etc.

But, the idiots that host the primary show to communicate all of it are people I cannot listen to nor respect.

Looks like i'm in luck this year after work with the only guy I don't despise. The morning is a total cluster that doesn't finish until 6PM!! Horrible stuff. I can cope with Mitch Cleary - alone.

Phew!

The 2019 Trade Radio lineup:
7am – 9am: Barrett & Lloyd
9am – 12pm: McClure & Dal Santo
12pm – 1pm: Barrett & Cleary
1pm – 3pm: Russell & Cooney
3pm – 6pm: Cornes & Wallace
6pm – 7pm: Cleary
Wow, new blood, the Coondog has got a gig :think:

Sit down kelly and Taranto in a room with our coach - then wheel in a million in cash and say first one that agrees gets the deal.

Then we’ll see if they’re that loyal

Kelly has already proven it’s not purely about money. It’s about GF’s and he got to play in one yesterday albeit a disappointing result for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love trade period, the opportunity it presents and intrigue mixed with all the silly rumours, peoples ridiculous trade ideas etc etc.

But, the idiots that host the primary show to communicate all of it are people I cannot listen to nor respect.

Looks like i'm in luck this year after work with the only guy I don't despise. The morning is a total cluster that doesn't finish until 6PM!! Horrible stuff. I can cope with Mitch Cleary - alone.

Phew!

The 2019 Trade Radio lineup:
7am – 9am: Barrett & Lloyd
9am – 12pm: McClure & Dal Santo
12pm – 1pm: Barrett & Cleary
1pm – 3pm: Russell & Cooney
3pm – 6pm: Cornes & Wallace
6pm – 7pm: Cleary

That is half a day of hot air that Greta will have a stern look at...

I have to confess to being a little confused by the turn our beloved thread has taken. It seems to me that now we're arguing that Leon Cameron is a terrible coach and the reason they've got to 2 prelims and a grand final in the last 4 years is entirely down to the star players he's been given to coach, but then we also seem to be saying that none of those players would make our side any better. Just seems a little contradictory to me.
My opinion, for what it's worth, is that half a dozen of their side would be in our top 2 players if they came to us. You'd take Josh Kelly in a heartbeat surely.

They had 4 that missed the Prelim (Greene, Whitfield, Ward and Coniglio) that are IMO the equal of any player currently on our list.

If he is a FA and says clearly and early that he wants to play for us then yes of course we would want him - as has been said repeatedly on here he would make us better. That would be the case with any good FA.

But it would be on a normal contract - 4-5 years at money that reflects his standing in the game as a good player - $750k per year.

As for us chasing him like 3 years ago and offering ridiculous sums and being prepared to trade 2 first rounders for him - forget it - that horse has bolted.

Last edited:
I actually think CEY is a great fit for them. Something to admire about Brisbane, they are still chasing quality players.
They probably thought that they were getting beaten up on the inside too easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back