Status
Not open for further replies.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why?

We need quality center square mids if this year is anything to go by.
Because he is Will Brodie, big inside mid but still only a kid, and we would need to cough up a lot to get him out from GC.

We do need quality inside and outside mids, but of Josh Kelly's ilk. Not going to solve our issues with Brodie when we have Anderson, Jacobs and Ahern to roll through there.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Because he is Will Brodie, big inside mid but still only a kid, and we would need to cough up a lot to get him out from GC.

We do need quality inside and outside mids, but of Josh Kelly's ilk. Not going to solve our issues with Brodie when we have Anderson, Jacobs and Ahern to roll through there.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wasn't referring specifically to Brodie, more inside midfielders in general.

We clearly need better ball winners going off of our clearance numbers

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I wasn't referring specifically to Brodie, more inside midfielders in general.

We clearly need better ball winners going off of our clearance numbers

I dunno if we need better ones, I reckon it's more a case of supporting Cunners & Higgo.

We're limited and therefore very easy to defensively negate.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I kind of disagree, we’ve got a lot of talent on the list it’s just not developed or ultilised for what ever reason.

Look I don't rate our development or coaching either but the list is a bit out of whack regardless imo.

Last year I thought we could do with 1-2 mature age state league KPPs a la Pederson or Mihocek types to provide cover. Advocated retaining Mountford who'd be handy now as a Jacobs replacement.

Fwiw I'd have also shifted Watson to the rookie list and retained Hartung for his run regardless of our signings.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Look I don't rate our development or coaching either but the list is a bit out of whack regardless imo.

Last year I thought we could do with 1-2 mature age state league KPPs a la Pederson or Mihocek types to provide cover. Advocated retaining Mountford who'd be handy now as a Jacobs replacement.

Fwiw I'd have also shifted Watson to the rookie list and retained Hartung for his run regardless of our signings.
I think chasing the golden goose has cooked the list..
It looks like we’ve topped up with players, without looking at what we’ve got and what we needed. We certainly need a key forward, but with Larkey and Xerri a year or two off. I wouldn’t hit the state, I would’ve gone for a mature forward looking for one last contract.

I agree with the Hartung stituation although Polec goes a long way to addressing losing him.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I think chasing the golden goose has cooked the list..
It looks like we’ve topped up with players, without looking at what we’ve got and what we needed. We certainly need a key forward, but with Larkey and Xerri a year or two off. I wouldn’t hit the state, I would’ve gone for a mature forward looking for one last contract.

I agree with the Hartung stituation although Polec goes a long way to addressing losing him.

Chasing a golden goose coach 10 years ago probably saw us narrow our focus a bit too much too..

Yeh I guess I favoured the odds of a serviceable tall from the state leagues rather than a quality older player falling apart on the AFL scene (we had one of them).

Agree that Polec is a Ferrari to Hartung's Datsun 280-Z but I think we could've done with both in our general play.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Chasing a golden goose coach 10 years ago probably saw us narrow our focus a bit too much too..

Yeh I guess I favoured the odds of a serviceable tall from the state leagues rather than a quality older player falling apart on the AFL scene (we had one of them).

Agree that Polec is a Ferrari to Hartung's Datsun 280-Z but I think we could've done with both in our general play.
I agree we could’ve done with both of Hartung and Polec but I think Hartung ship had sailed at AFL level.
From what I understand his position became unworkable at the club.

One player I would’ve looked at is Brandon Ellis he certainly wouldn’t cost the earth but would add more the Hartung. I also think getting Pittard for peanuts also changed the thinking.

But all this talk still leaves us a key forward short.

Aug 21, 2011
Basement of the J. Edgar Hoover Building
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester City, Melbourne Victory
One player I would’ve looked at is Brandon Ellis he certainly wouldn’t cost the earth but would add more the Hartung. I also think getting Pittard for peanuts also changed the thinking.

But all this talk still leaves us a key forward short.

BFNAAK and a Tigers supporting mate of mine is convinced his time at Tigerland is coming to a close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back