List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Jay Clarke and Jon Ralph are using SuperCoach points to justify stories.
And they expect us to pay for these articles.

“If he leaves North Melbourne as an unrestricted free agent suitors are aware his price would be steep, but consider the past 18 months of his career.
Last year he finished the year with 100 SuperCoach points or more in 12 of the Kangaroos’ last 14 games.
This year in 11 rounds he has six 100 SuperCoach point games and three 90-plus point games.”

You have to remember who their target audience is though.

Whether you like it or not, stuff like Supercoach and Dream team is synonymous with the average/casual footy fan and their judgement of players. Recruiters, who are the ones that matter, aren't going to go by that.

“If he leaves North Melbourne as an unrestricted free agent suitors are aware his price would be steep, but consider the past 18 months of his career.
Last year he finished the year with 100 SuperCoach points or more in 12 of the Kangaroos’ last 14 games.
This year in 11 rounds he has six 100 SuperCoach point games and three 90-plus point games.”

You expected something better from these clowns mate?

I say st kilda is desperate, they are willing to fork out 850k for goldstein, i say let him go. We bring in campbell for a few seasons and because with goldstein, the second ruck is playing for scraps as goldstein does 95% of the ruck. With campbell in, he can only ruck for say 70% this then allows someone like a larkey then he can ruck for a significantly greater length of time. Atm, someone like a larkey is surplus as he is not doing enough to be another key forward and his output as a ruck is negligible. Tom Campbell is also much more physical and stronger than goldstein so he brings a different dimension than goldstein. While goldstein is the superior ruckman, his asset is not necessarily benefiting us as much because we don't have a superstar midfield like GWS but a blue collar one. We would benefit greatly with a mumford type brute and campbell lean towards the mumford type.

[QUOTE="someone like a larkey is surplus as he is not doing enough to be another key forward and his output as a ruck is negligible..

Are you doing bongs on the couch?[/QUOTE]
Yeah bizarre comment. I’ve been at the ground the last two games and thought he was very good. He is getting to a lot of contests and offering another big target. It’s no surprise Brown’s form improvement has coincided with Larkey in the team.

I know there are those suspicious of rumour pages but I've mentioned before that this one is by far the most accurate I've found. Hopefully on the money with this one.
571bc73daaef790f0836f22ee052ce55.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I know there are those suspicious of rumour pages but I've mentioned before that this one is by far the most accurate I've found. Hopefully on the money with this one.
571bc73daaef790f0836f22ee052ce55.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I’ve always stated the leadership value of keeping these guys around a young group will have more benefit than trading them out! I cant see any changes other than macmillan, ST, mcdonald and wright.. will also depend on what the last 11 games look like too!

I wonder how many supercoach points Ralph will wheel out this week?

1559957121143.png

We pulled the biggest lever we could from an off field sense in response to the on field lack of performance.

A lot more about our onfield performance should now rest on the shoulders of our senior players.

If we go from the last couple of weeks back to the depths of Round 1 or Good Friday, I'd suggest our view how we manage players may shift a bit.

Very epitome of, they have their destiny in their hands.

As a paid member - I would be pumped if the club announced that Ben, Jack, Rob, Todd and Shaun plus maybe Brown we’re all locked in for 2020. They all have 3 years or more in them.

If we can get another win before the bye - come out strong and start finding out who else on the list wants onboard!

What a statement that would be to settle the team - raise the stakes and excite the fans.

Then if a club wants to raid the talent - let them try and cut some crazy deals.

I know some on here would freak but uncertainty is not great and that list of players deserves 100% respect from the club.

I’m not suggesting any crazy long deals or silly stuff but while we are high on Shinboner spirit - lets lock in those that live it!

As a paid member - I would be pumped if the club announced that Ben, Jack, Rob, Todd and Shaun plus maybe Brown we’re all locked in for 2020.

Ben, Jack, Rob, Shaun and Brown are "all locked in for 2020" mate.

Todd's the only one waiting on an extension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben, Jack, Rob, Shaun and Brown are "all locked in for 2020" mate.

Todd's the only one waiting on an extension.

Locked on paper but I mean - ‘take them off the table’

Contracts don’t feel to strong these days😱

I can see a presser extending Todd for two years and the entire group all present talking about 2020.

The media would turn on us like demons !

[QUOTE="someone like a larkey is surplus as he is not doing enough to be another key forward and his output as a ruck is negligible..

Are you doing bongs on the couch?[/QUOTE]

Put my words - he's doing Salvia bongs. You could mark your money on that!

Just a thought. Would the form of Campbell as a ruckman in the VFL have the club less worried about another club coming at Goldy with a big free agency offer? From what I have seen and read Campbell would be leading the B & F in the VFL team by a fair way and looks like he would be okay as an AFL level ruckman.

Just a thought. Would the form of Campbell as a ruckman in the VFL have the club less worried about another club coming at Goldy with a big free agency offer? From what I have seen and read Campbell would be leading the B & F in the VFL team by a fair way and looks like he would be okay as an AFL level ruckman.
Goldy is having a great season and we wouldn’t want him to go, but if he does then the club wouldn’t be worried at all as he only has a couple of quality seasons left before the decline comes (and it comes quickly).

Ruckman are easier to replace than a gun mid like Ben10, gee Richmond won a flag with Nankervis, WCE won with Lycett and the Bulldogs won with Jordan Roughhead..

All solid ruckman but none are AA quality, in fact, the two best ruckman of the last decade Goldy & Gawn have played in very few finals let alone a GF, which proves you don’t need the best ruckman in the league in the middle you need the best on-ball brigade.

I hope Goldy finishes as a NMFC great, but power to him if he takes the ‘superannuation’ contract instead.

Locked on paper but I mean - ‘take them off the table’

Contracts don’t feel to strong these days😱

I can see a presser extending Todd for two years and the entire group all present talking about 2020.

The media would turn on us like demons !

Surely the default position must be that they are North players until the club or the player state otherwise?

Surely the default position must be that they are North players until the club or the player state otherwise?

It is I’m sure.

That’s what I don’t like;). The media will nang on, trade radio will bang on, the player managers bang on etc

I just really really really hate 90%+ of the AFL butcher media baying for our demise and trying to pressure the club into actions that don’t necessarily. serve the club.

Sometimes I just wish the club would control the narrative a bit

Futile emotions I realise!

As a paid member - I would be pumped if the club announced that Ben, Jack, Rob, Todd and Shaun plus maybe Brown we’re all locked in for 2020. They all have 3 years or more in them.

If we can get another win before the bye - come out strong and start finding out who else on the list wants onboard!

What a statement that would be to settle the team - raise the stakes and excite the fans.

Then if a club wants to raid the talent - let them try and cut some crazy deals.

I know some on here would freak but uncertainty is not great and that list of players deserves 100% respect from the club.

I’m not suggesting any crazy long deals or silly stuff but while we are high on Shinboner spirit - lets lock in those that live it!

They are contracted. Settle down. They deserve nothing more than to be paid on time and in full.

Goldy may be a North player but shinboner? He's been the softest big player since McCann and has been paid more than anyone but Carey.

How would that excite the fans knowing we once again took loyalty to players over the best chance at number 5?

Imbecilic at best. Lets see what the compensation is before making an informed decision about what is best for the club, not Todd, not anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back