List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are contracted. Settle down. They deserve nothing more than to be paid on time and in full.

Goldy may be a North player but shinboner? He's been the softest big player since McCann and has been paid more than anyone but Carey.

How would that excite the fans knowing we once again took loyalty to players over the best chance at number 5?

Imbecilic at best. Lets see what the compensation is before making an informed decision about what is best for the club, not Todd, not anyone else.

I understand your perspective but it’s not mine that’s all.

My opinion of Goldie is that he has been a hard working servant of the club for a long time and personally I love having him in the team - that makes him a shinboner to me! Money does not come into my equation- good for him!

Not sure if this has been posted:

best 22 made up of players currently out of contract looks like.

FB: Adam Tomlinson, David Astbury, Caleb Marchbank
HB: Bachar Houli, Jake Carlisle, Shane Edwards
C: Ed Langdon, Stephen Coniglio, Jack Billings
HF: Josh Dunkley, Jamie Elliott, Jack Martin
FF: Gary Ablett, Daniel McStay, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
Fol: Nic Naitanui, Tim Kelly, Tom Liberatore
I/C: Stephen Hill, Tom Phillips, Darcy Parish, Alex Keath

"Best" if you exclude certain North players.

I know there are those suspicious of rumour pages but I've mentioned before that this one is by far the most accurate I've found. Hopefully on the money with this one.
571bc73daaef790f0836f22ee052ce55.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Scott Thompson and Sam Wright might be finished? High-level insider connections there.

Scott Thompson and Sam Wright might be finished? High-level insider connections there.

My understanding is that Thomo was ready to retire this year and the club talked him into another year.

Not sure it’s a secret he’s ready to retire.

Sammy has been cruelled by injuries so no surprise there if true. In Sammy’s case I’m sure the club would prefer he found his peak form and potential again rather than retire him though.

My understanding is that Thomo was ready to retire this year and the club talked him into another year.

Sammy has been cruelled by injuries so no surprise there if true. In Sammy’s case I’m sure the club would prefer he found his peak form and potential again rather than retire him though.

Wright is finished as we have mcdonald to take his spot, is EVW is fully fit then he is a great addition to our backline. He was the most improved and in form player last year until his injury. I think EVW is like a Wood type player who is very injury prone but as he matures physically his injury curse will move on.

Thompson is very durable player who is hardly injured, his presence is required until EVW overcomes his injury prone nature, so another year is warranted. When/if Daw can return to full fitness, he would take the CHB place, Tarrant at fullback. I think we got the cattle for a flag tilt in 2020 if the following happens.
- Anderson, Ziebell, Cunnington maintain career best form.
- Ahern cements his midfield spot.
- Campbell take main ruck duty as he is far more suited to us north.
- Brown need to be on his current form.
- Polec, Pittard maintain their current role and form.
- Nature progression from LDU, Zurhaar and Thomas.
- Higgin plays permanent forward.
- Wood is injury free.
- Most importantly, we adopt the richmond 2019 plan as our normal style.

That is completely at odds with what's come out of Thompson's mouth in interviews.

Keath or Astbury on the cheap should be looked at.
Need decent young kpb

True - but that’s what I’ve heard.

I take it with a grain of salt myself but I’ve had it said to me,

I hope he plays as long as possible myself. I never wish for my favourites to retire.

If Thommo wants to play on he can do it elsewhere. With Taz, Maj, Durdin and McKay we are pretty set.

If Thommo wants to play on he can do it elsewhere. With Taz, Maj, Durdin and McKay we are pretty set.

If they are better than him - no problem!

You don’t get gifted games because you are young. You need to demand a spot.

I was expecting that would have happened about this time with EVW and McKay myself but life has gotten in the way.

Hopefully by end of year we have Durdin and Mckay demanding spots.

But if they don’t cut it then .....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they are better than him - no problem!

You don’t get gifted games because you are young. You need to demand a spot.

I was expecting that would have happened about this time with EVW and McKay myself but life has gotten in the way.

Hopefully by end of year we have Durdin and Mckay demanding spots.

But if they don’t cut it then .....

McKay and Durdin need to be given an extended go. Both have nothing to prove in VFL, especially McKay. I'd hate to lose them just because we stuck with Thommo a year too long.

McKay and Durdin need to be given an extended go. Both have nothing to prove in VFL, especially McKay. I'd hate to lose them just because we stuck with Thommo a year too long.

Couldn’t agree more - Durdins time ‘should’ be now

As soon as Mckays fitness and hopefully in turn form is back to AFL lvl - he needs game time

I would hate to be a selector

True - but that’s what I’ve heard.

I take it with a grain of salt myself but I’ve had it said to me,

I hope he plays as long as possible myself. I never wish for my favourites to retire.
I have said elsewhere an ex-player I spoke to suggested it was his last year.

Couldn’t agree more - Durdins time ‘should’ be now

As soon as Mckays fitness and hopefully in turn form is back to AFL lvl - he needs game time

I would hate to be a selector

it's a though one - Thomo has done nothing wrong and he hasn't slowed. Also i don't think too many have noted that his kicking out of defence or inside 50 is elite, he pulls kicks perfectly and nails everything.

Thommo might need to be retained again.
Maj- No certaintly
EVW- Coming back from ACL
Durdin-Haven't seen enouh to suggest he can hold his own.
Mckay-Same as durdin.

Thommo can take a third tall and help out at worst case.

Wright needs to show something before the end of the year otherwise he might need to look elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back