Quintero

All Australian
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
River Plate
Our number 1 out of contract target needs to be Jack Martin or Jack Billings

Brad Crouch free agent next year we should enquire about also to see if we can get a year early

Papley is good but the above should be prioritised

Depending on how McKay and Durdin finish off the year, I'd be looking at Alex Keath as a potential option. Good lockdown 2nd tall to allow Taz and hopefully Daw to create the defensive wall.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I reckon we should actually target a quality tweener type. Tazz could have another 5 years, B-Mac is waiting & Durdin could turn the corner still.

Then again, on current projections J-Croc will be too good for VFL in a year.

Aside from a ruckman & another quality run & carry type, there's no great current issues with our list.

Aside from those two matters, the draft is calling us.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes.

Cunnington & Ziebell still have 5 years, Jed/Tyson 7 years & LDU/Jy/TT will arrive in the next 12-24 months, and JK will join them.

Then there's still BJ, Ahern and Kyron.

I've never been confident that it will get done, even less so now with the type of contract that he signed.

Taranto to me would be the ideal replacement for Higgins. He has a point of different compared to many of our younger midfielders.

BJ and Tyson are still unknowns. BJ may be finished. Tyson it remains to be seen if he will establish himself as a best 22 player or just a depth player.

If the option was there to go after Taranto, we'd be silly not to throw big coin at him

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would prefer us to advise Managers we are after the top 1%ers of the league and have the money to make it happen, but if anyone's name is associated to us in the media, the deal is off, no exceptions, I would tell the media this too, we will not be entertaining the media with our trading and drafting strategy until it happens.

and then see who falls our way.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've never been confident that it will get done, even less so now with the type of contract that he signed.

Taranto to me would be the ideal replacement for Higgins. He has a point of different compared to many of our younger midfielders.

BJ and Tyson are still unknowns. BJ may be finished. Tyson it remains to be seen if he will establish himself as a best 22 player or just a depth player.

If the option was there to go after Taranto, we'd be silly not to throw big coin at him
Happy to give up 2 1st rounders for him?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Happy to give up 2 1st rounders for him?

Taranto? Yes. 100%. It would be a different scenario if we were bottom 4, but I can't see us finishing there this year and next year. This years draft outside the top 5 players is looking a little bit thin.

Taranto is well ahead of Kelly, Treloar or Shiel at the same age...Hell he is even ahead of Fyfe & Dangerfield at the same age. He has 12-13 years of elite football ahead of him and he'd well and truly fill the midfield void that will be left by Higgins in a few years time.

It would be a no brainer imo.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fair enough, because it will cost that. Possibly a player also. He is contracted until 2020 and GWS won't be entertaining an early trade on the one player they will be scrambling to keep

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fair enough, because it will cost that. Possibly a player also. He is contracted until 2020 and GWS won't be entertaining an early trade on the one player they will be scrambling to keep

If you put a huge contract in front of him he might request a trade home. As I mentioned earlier I doubt it would happen but we’d be silly not to throw something big in front of him.

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You can never have too much elite talent and Aiden Bonar is that for sure. He also plays with the kind of physicality and athleticism that suits our style of play, he's an impact player not an accumulator. At the right trade value I'd hope we do our best to get him across.

I would prefer us to advise Managers we are after the top 1%ers of the league and have the money to make it happen, but if anyone's name is associated to us in the media, the deal is off, no exceptions, I would tell the media this too, we will not be entertaining the media with our trading and drafting strategy until it happens.

and then see who falls our way.
Would get leaked to the media in 5 minutes. It's in the managers best interest for a public bidding war...got Dusty an extra 150k a year over what Richmond were going to offer.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Keath or Astbury on the cheap should be looked at.
Need decent young kpb
Astbury is only 2 years younger than Tarrant.

We recruited KPP and we should give them a go before writing them off after a few games. It's Durdins time to show what he's got. If he can't then reassess but after being accused of being too top heavy it's amazing how people think we need KPP's again.

Durdin, McKay, and EVW seem like the perfect trio for the future. A lot of flexibility there. We are in the awkward spot we were in with Firrito - still playing well but needing to look forward. We are here again with Thompson. It's up to Durdin or McKay to push him out. IMO Thompson, Tarrant, and Durdin should be given the rest of the year together (McKay if Tarrant needs a rest). If Durdin doesn't show enough he doesn't get another contract. He's good enough imo. The quality is there.

the rooboy

All Australian
Aug 22, 2008
berwick
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I personally would go to the draft it looks like our pick will fall in a position that will allow us to draft a elite half back flank with speed and skill. A project forward and back is required other wise we are settled

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good thing we pushed up his price so they couldn't go out and afford big name recruits then...

To be fair – they couldn’t, but still got them – by cutting a whole heap of their depth. Which is why they’re now struggling massively with what is a little tough, but hardly the worst injury run in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back