List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big call what makes you say that.
C'mon Tazza, you can't be serious. Unless you know of some off field issues that the rest of us don't know about?
Personal opinion.
Just too injury prone and his body will never stand up to the rigours of AFL football.
Harley Bennell MKII

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Personal opinion.
Just too injury prone and his body will never stand up to the rigours of AFL football.
Harley Bennell MKII
Fair enough.
He'll get 4 to 5 year contract offers and one will be from our club so I think he'll be around for longer than 2 years.

Personally, I want him even know we'll have to pay overs to get him.

r_boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 12, 2007
Northern Territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's definitely getting less contested ball than last year.

But his meters gained are also down 15% and so is his disposal efficiency, despite playing more outside.

He's kicking more goals this year, but he's got less goal assists and score involvements despite playing in a more attacking role.

He's spending more time on the ground than last year as well, so it's a statistical drop across the board.

Polec is playing in a different team, one that has changed its game plan mid-season. Stats are not going to tell you much.

When you watch his football, he is playing good footy, for sure. Agreed though that we did pay for it. Probably fair value.

Pittards form has been the pleasing part of the trade. On the other hand Finlayson would have been even more pleasing as you have pointed out.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Polec is playing in a different team, one that has changed its game plan mid-season. Stats are not going to tell you much.

When you watch his football, he is playing good footy, for sure. Agreed though that we did pay for it. Probably fair value.

Pittards form has been the pleasing part of the trade. On the other hand Finlayson would have been even more pleasing as you have pointed out.
Finlayson hasn't had a kick for weeks and has just been dropped. We weren't going to play him as a 3rd tall, he is a outside player who wouldn't have cracked our back 6 for a spot the last month either. Fantastic decision to go for Pittard instead of Finlayson

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Three years for our only AFL standard ruck who has basically never missed games from injury wouldn't be irresponsible.
At 31 though? Two years would be most responsible from the club's perspective, but I could see why Goldy might want some added job security for his years of service.

Todd Goldstein (North Melbourne) and Paddy Ryder (Port Adelaide)

“It’s hard to see either of these guys staying at their original clubs.”

“I think Goldstein’s more likely to head to St Kilda than anywhere else.”

“Sydney or GWS (for Ryder). Shane Mumford has battled hard, but I don’t think he’s got too many runs left in those legs.”

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wouldn't lowball Goldie. Just sort it out.
I don't think we will be low balling Goldie in terms of $ - a reduction on his current $900k per year - yes - but I m sure they will still be offering around the $1.5m for 2 years.

They will however be very careful in giving a bloke at 31 more than 2 years - I am sure there is no way we would offer him a straight 3 year deal - that would be highly irresponsible and the club seems to be on a path where that sort of thing wont be tolerated anymore.

If another club wants to off Goldie a 4 year deal for $3m with no triggers then not only should he walk - he will walk.

omitted this week.

Amazing how Goldy plays his best footy in the final year of contract , happened last time too, lol
I’m a bit 50/50 on this
Goldy has been a wonderful servant, but North has been good to him too

He’s been very very well compensated the last 4 years, and he was putrid for at least 2 of those ( for a variety of reasons, as we know)

I understand that he’s after security, but I just hope he takes all things into account before signing his final contract

If his demands are unreasonable, let him walk, but I hope it doesn’t come to that

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back