List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is good data, but the AA has lost significant integrity in recent years.

It's not that there's bad players in the AA, but I would argue that there's equally good ones outside of it.

1-5: 2.3 picks to get a 200 game player
6-10: 3.6 picks to get a 200 game player
11-20: 3.8 picks to get a 200 game player
21-30: 7.6 picks to get a 200 game player
31-50: 7.2 picks to get a 200 game player
51-70: 12 picks to get a 200 game player
70-later: 34 picks to get a 200 game player
R1-R10: 20 picks to get a 200 game player
R11-R30: 18 picks to get a 200 game player
R31-R50: 17 picks to get a 200 game player
R50- : 46 picks to get a 200 game player

1-5: 25 picks needed to get a sub 10 gamer
6-10: 6.2 picks needed to get a sub 10 gamer
11-20: 5.5 picks needed to get a sub 10 gamer
21-30: 4.1 picks needed to get a sub 10 gamer
31-50: 3.4 picks needed to get a sub 10 gamer
51-70: 2.1 picks needed to get a sub 10 gamer
70-R: 1.4 picks needed to get a sub 10 gamer

You should definitely let the AFL selection committee know who should or shouldn’t be in AA team. With your years of experience on BF I’m surprised they don’t ask you.

Listen mate, you swagger around here with your chop in your hand belittling close to everyone because of their seemingly inferior knowledge or experience of the AFL system.

If you're a current North Melbourne staff member then I've got to ask what sense of satisfaction you take from wandering around here incognito enjoying your self-appointed sense of grandeur by holding privileged information?

If you're legitimately connected to current North Melbourne staff, then while it's appreciated you might offer the occasional legitimate tidbit, I'm still unsure why this requires the swinging dick mentality you've been displaying?

Somehow by knowing someone in the know you've decided to elevate yourself above all the silly plebs who register accounts to discuss a football club on an online forum, right? Have I got the gist of it?

Listen mate, you swagger around here with your chop in your hand belittling close to everyone because of their seemingly inferior knowledge or experience of the AFL system.

If you're a current North Melbourne staff member then I've got to ask what sense of satisfaction you take from wandering around here incognito enjoying your self-appointed sense of grandeur by holding privileged information?

If you're legitimately connected to current North Melbourne staff, then while it's appreciated you might offer the occasional legitimate tidbit, I'm still unsure why this requires the swinging dick mentality you've been displaying?

Somehow by knowing someone in the know you've decided to elevate yourself above all the silly plebs who register accounts to discuss a football club on an online forum, right? Have I got the gist of it?

He's not in the know. He's full of s**t.

Bizarre last few pages.

I’d argue Crocker has been equally as impressive as Taylor in the VFL and these two have done as well as any other two skinny kids we’ve had in the VFL in the last decade.

Expectations were really low for Crocker this year after his injuries, he’s had a killer year, especially playing one of the harder positions for a young kid in the VFL.

Will more than likely play a number of games at AFL level in 2020.

Bizarre last few pages.

I’d argue Crocker has been equally as impressive as Taylor in the VFL and these two have done as well as any other two skinny kids we’ve had in the VFL in the last decade.

Expectations were really low for Crocker this year after his injuries, he’s had a killer year, especially playing one of the harder positions for a young kid in the VFL.

That's the majority view on Crocker. Someone pretending he's in the know got it wrong. Again.

Yep you’ve got it spot on mate you’re a silly pleb with NFI.

I am in the group that supports the club buys the expensive memberships for all my family and doesn’t get too personal or upset at other supporters/posters for their ideas and suggestions. It’s an Internet forum dedicated to footy chat not The Hague.
Perfect, should be more of guys like you that appreciate others may have differing views.

Agreed in under 16s.
The scouts didn’t rate him in the 2018 draft.
We picked him at #69, we could easily have taken him as a Rookie.
There were 9 picks used after #69 and if we'd used it on someone else we wouldn't have had a list spot to match a bid in the event one came in. 2 other F/S picks and 2 academy picks were taken by other clubs in the same range for the same reason. It's not a failure of list management.

I've only seen him live about 3 times this year and he's seemed good considering his frame. Smart, good ball user, pretty good at getting where the ball is - more so than T Murphy who is stalled in the mid-teens disposal counts. Murphy's no doubt more ready to get a senior game right now based on his bigger body but no reason to believe there's any problem with Crock's development or potential ceiling.

Bizarre last few pages.

Curtis has played 2 AFL games, that’s puts him streets ahead of Crocker.
Both Crockers will be gone by 2021.
One retired, the other back at Uni.

POTY

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speechless!
We’re meant to barrack for and love the same club
This is what I’d expect in the Aints forums
Or Richmond (pre 2017)
No good guys

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

tenor.gif

No I seperate the supporter group into 2 groups.
The supporters that turn up every game to back their team whether they win or lose.

Then there’s those heroes on BF that throw the toys out of the cot when the team loses and constantly threaten to hand in their $50 membership as if it really matters to the Club. Pretend they know football yet have never played at that level and genuinely believe their advice on BF should be taken into consideration by the Club.

You pick which group you’re in.

Or three, those that are so precious and insecure they cannot have the club or it’s players questioned. There have been some decisions of the club which understandably could cause a supporter to question forking out money year on year, doesn’t mean their passion is any less or more than yours or mine. For one thing I know I’m sick of being touted as relocation candidates/irrelevant et al, I’d always stick with the club doesn’t mean it doesn’t piss me off.

I’d trade anyone on the list if the return is good enough.

The club has been ok without being good for 20 years, ok some of that time was required to consolidate from a perilous financial situation but the upshot is even our star players are flawed. If it takes a full honest to goodness rebuild in the short term so be it, we can’t stick our dick in halfway.

As shown with hawthorn a consistent period of dominance (and a shitload of pokies) is the best way for a club to thrive. We ain’t getting pokies thankfully but it only leaves one solution.

There does need to be a new philosophy around the club I think it may be coming.
It must be backed up by action, we’ve had the empty calorie statements of the previous coaching group now let’s get stuck in.

So 14 pages have been added to this thread since Monday and all I've learnt is Higgo is staying, Wilko is leaving and a some joker doesn't rate Crocker. Incredible.

And Snake_Baker is trying his hand at SuperCoach

So 14 pages have been added to this thread since Monday and all I've learnt is Higgo is staying, Wilko is leaving and a some joker doesn't rate Crocker. Incredible.

Also hearing that Dec Watson will be traded to MasterChef.

Also hearing that Dec Watson will be traded to MasterChef.
Seems like the logical next step. His goose is cooked at North.

I’ll see myself out.

Somehow each day this thread gets more unreadable.

I fear what tomorrow will bring.

Just to give you a head's up, I'm working on a hypothetical nine-club super trade that nets us the top 2 picks in the next two drafts and only costs Wilkinson, Watson, Macmillan and Turner. Hope to post it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back