List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long is Larkey contracted for? If it’s another 3 years, and Larkey decided he wanted out of Arden St, what would you think was decent compensation for letting him walk?

I would shoot him dead as a warning to any other talented young players entertaining similar thoughts.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A good yardstick is an opposing teams board when a player is raised.

Most of the Melbourne board are dead against trading Frost with most wanting what we'd consider fairly ridiculous value.

8th in the league in intercepts in 2019 is a decent stat.
Had a very quick look, saw one bloke wanting pick 10 for him and then saw a bunch of others saying that anything under 30 would be a good result. didn't see too many worrying about loosing him.

Daw actually has the best footskills in that lot.

The key position, pinch-hitting ruckman.

Let that sink in.

Daw isn't a s**t kick. I don't understand why people think he is. He can mark, handball and kick well and is clutch under pressure (well he was last year).

The idea he can't kick is laughable. Last year he was on of the few players I remember kicking it perfectly to Browny in space.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Daw isn't a s**t kick. I don't understand why people think he is. He can mark, handball and kick well and is clutch under pressure (well he was last year).

The idea he can't kick is laughable. Last year he was on of the few players I remember kicking it perfectly to Browny in space.

Completely agree. Even as a raw u18 player he already had a nice action and weighting on his kicks.

He's Corey McKernan Mk II. When he has the aggressive up and about mentality he can sink shots from outside 50 fairly comfortably yet will shank easy shots 20m out when his mind if off the job.

Quintero

All Australian
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
River Plate
I would shoot him dead as a warning to any other talented young players entertaining similar thoughts.

Torching the car has always been the most effective 'jigger'.

Daw actually has the best footskills in that lot.

The key position, pinch-hitting ruckman.

Let that sink in.

Easily.

Essendon looking at Brandon Ellis now, just what they need..
He’s actually a decent player
Is best 22 in a strong side over 170 games and still young

Knows how to find the footy and is dual sided.

Would be happy to try get Ellis as a free agent tbh

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He’s actually a decent player
Is best 22 in a strong side over 170 games and still young

Knows how to find the footy and is dual sided.

Would be happy to try get Ellis as a free agent tbh
He might be dual sided but his disposal is average at best. Has those kicks that hang in the air too long. He might look serviceable in a strong side, but will be exposed in a team that puts on less pressure in my opinion.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
I think Howard's worth a pick in the 20s, but I actually get why Port would want a lot more than that and I wouldn't blame them either. He's got a long contract, is a good player, and he's also reportedly got a lot of leadership ability with potential to improve even further. It's one of those cases where he's worth a lt more to the team that's got him than he would be to a team that wants him.

Thndr

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2015
Mick Martin school of bad looks.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jeez .. they are managing to fit most of them in ....

giphy (27).gif

It's not the best system but he's polled Brownlow votes Only once - 2 v Gold Coast way back in 2012, a year they won 3 games. So your memory is correct.
His main weakness is and always has been that he's not a natural high-volume ball winner, and the umps notice the players who always have the ball, just like everyone else does. He has become a very good decision maker and much more consistent, and his pace is still a plus. Moving him to the midfield at 27 won't magically turn him into a 25-disposal player and will just take midfield time away from guys who either need games into them or already do it better.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
His main weakness is and always has been that he's not a natural high-volume ball winner, and the umps notice the players who always have the ball, just like everyone else does. He has become a very good decision maker and much more consistent, and his pace is still a plus. Moving him to the midfield at 27 won't magically turn him into a 25-disposal player and will just take midfield time away from guys who either need games into them or already do it better.
Apart from Atley the other guy I want to see more midfield time next year is Polec.
In his last year at port he was playing in there and was starting to see some good form. I think he can go to another level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back